Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PLAYER SONGS required urgently!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amazing atmosphere Sat and still very good last night especially for a lg cup game - BUT we clearly need some new songs and even more clearly need some player ones. I know we've had loads of suggestions etc but I feel it's gonna be up to the North stand to get some of these started as there's more singers and the West will joine in. The only player song i've heard in 3 AMEX games incl Spurs is 'Noooney' and even that soon gets drowned out with 'seagulls' from people who hear wrong...

The North have created a new song which is HALF working (people need to sing the words!) and I feel it's down to the North to get some good player ones going - we used to have loads only 5 - 10 yrs ago! (Even Paul Watson got one eventually :) )

:bhasign::bhasign: :moo::moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Vincelot to the tune of Vindaloo, I'll be airing this one repeatedly at the next few games, presuming he plays.
There is an Ashley Barnes one to the tune of She'll be coming round the Mountain, Ay Ay Ashley Ashley Barnes etc.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I was thinking Buckers for Benno one :thumbsup:

We sung this a few times last night. It just doesn't feel right to me. Wasn't there a Buckley is brilliant chant last night too? Not sure about that one either, as it means we have two songs to the same tune.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Vincelot to the tune of Vindaloo, I'll be airing this one repeatedly at the next few games, presuming he plays.
There is an Ashley Barnes one to the tune of She'll be coming round the Mountain, Ay Ay Ashley Ashley Barnes etc.

Good shout on the Vincelot one!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Chim chiminey
Chim chiminey
Chim chim cher-ee!
Who needs Glenn Murray
When we've got Nooney.

He's here, he's there
He's every f***ing where
Mackail-Smith

Oldies, but I can't think of any more.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Tried getting 'aye, aye Ashley' going last night but drowned out by the bloke behind us and his Peter Ward obsession.
Now i understand the bloke is a legend etc but he hasn't played for us for 30 years. I can't imagine singing Bobby Zamora songs in 30 years.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think it fits perfectly:

William, William Buckley
Runs down the wing for me
da da da da da da da da da da

No no, it fits perfectly if you sing

Buckley, William Buckley...

We added an extra syllable for no apparent reason when we started singing it for Elliott.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
No no, it fits perfectly if you sing

Buckley, William Buckley...

We added an extra syllable for no apparent reason when we started singing it for Elliott.

Yeah point taken............if this got going we could even have the alternate da da da da da's between the North and West Stands.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was hoping Bergkamp would get on last night to see if a rawhide inspired number took off

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4293502 said:
Just get 10-15 people around you to sing them, it'll catch on that way. These internet appeals just aren't working.

True enough. It is however, worth asking for opinions and ideas on here but once you have decided on a chant you have to keep singing it until others catch on.

I also forgot there is a Casper Ankegren one too but I can't remember what the tune that it uses is called.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here