Revell 6.

Subs:
Hart 7.
Rents 6.
Gatting n/A.

Dave In Gloucester

Oct 19, 2003
Gloucester, UK
Henderson: 7 - Had surprisingly little to do but when called on did well and distribution was good.

Mayo: 5 - Granted he was playing against one of the best players at the World Cup in Tevez, but was not disgraced. As wholehearted as ever.

Butters: 6 - Lead by example and won most balls in the air, handled oppositions pace well.

Lynch: 6 - Looked composed and confident but concentration lets him down.

O'Cearill 6 - Solid debut at right-back and was confident and strong in the tackle.

Frutos 6 - Made a lively start and won a few tackles lacked compose in final
third.

Hammond 8 (MOM) - Lead the side well and carried what little forward charge there was. Strong and decisive tackling left mark on midfield also.

El-Abd 7 - Improved in second-half and was well disciplined when tackling, got caught in possession a lot, however.

Fraser 5 - Lacked decisiveness in forward position and can't offer natural width.

Robinson 5 - Was possibly daunted by the occasion but was well marked and
subdued by the Hammers, suffered from poor
service.

Revell: 6 - His first shot went for a throw in and that seemed to knock his confidence, however he improved later in the game and fought gallantly despite poor service.

Subs:

Hart: 7 - Came on and hugged right-touch line and generally was solid. Should be in contention for a start in the JPS tie.

Rents: 5 - Had little impact but the game was already over by the time he came on.

Gatting: (Not enough time) - The side seemed to miss his hold-up play and
possibly could have come on earlier.

Full match report and player ratings by Rhys Turrell, now online at Flying High

:bowdown:

Sandgate Seagull

Jul 11, 2003
Seaford
Hammond, El abd and lynch the only ones to emerge with any credit from full 90 minutes. Gutless performance. Robinson couldn't be bothered or got stage fright it was like playing with ten men.

Atmosphere was shit as too many johnnie come lately's, women and children.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Henderson 6.

O'Ceurill 7.
Lynch 6
Butters 7.
Mayo 5.

Fraser 6.
El Abd 8.
Hammond 8.
Frutos 7.

Robinson 5.
Revell 6.

Subs:
Hart 7.
Rents 5.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Adriodinho said:
does anyone agree with the ratings on the bbc?
Just been on there not coming up with any ratings.You can rate them but the average is not showing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Complete Badger said:

Michel Kuipers - Forever Brighton's Number 1:bowdown:

Never has been and never will unless Henderson goes to a higher league team, which is quite possible, and we do not buy another keeper.

FDM would do well to watch how Henderson comes out and claims crosses rather than stay on his line and hope to make a last ditch save.

Our two best players by a country mile were Hammond and El Abd.

Putting El Abd into midfield has beena masterstroke by Dean Wilkins, without him there to win ther ball for Hammond we look frail but with him there winning the ball and giving it to Hammond or Cox to play with we look to have a very comfortable midfield.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sandgate Seagull said:
Hammond, El abd and lynch the only ones to emerge with any credit from full 90 minutes. Gutless performance. Robinson couldn't be bothered or got stage fright it was like playing with ten men.

Agreed but Butters was also good.Was Mayo playing today?:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sandgate Seagull said:

Quite right. No place for women or children at football. I think we should also ban old men as they can't shout very loud. Also anyone with glasses as they are bound to be geeks. Anyone with a sensible coat or a hat or a scarf shouldn't be allowed either.

I hope that the ten of you that leaves make plenty of noise.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
goldstone said:

Hammond 8. Back to his best. Ran the midfield for Brighton. Joint MOM.

i would hardly say he ran the midfield....

I thought we did Ok to hold themn in the first half, but they didnt break sweat, and in the second half, after the goal if Revell had scored we may have been able to put up a fight, but they just moved up a gear, where i thought we werte playing at the pinnacle of our ability just to hold them

I would give everyone a 6/10 for effort apart from Frazer who I thought looked lost (5), Robinson (5) who also looked lost.

Put this one down to experience and look at the gulf that has developed in the last two years where West ham have become a team full of internationals and we have slipped a division.

I thought class showed saturday and again, when looking at our team none of our players would get anywhere near their side and they are struggling big time in the Prem.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BensGrandad said:
FDM would do well to watch how Henderson comes out and claims crosses rather than stay on his line and hope to make a last ditch save.

Are you sure ?? IMHO it is Hendo's biggest weakness, that and only shouting at players AFTER something goes wrong.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Player ratings

Dave the Gaffer said:

I thought class showed saturday and again, when looking at our team none of our players would get anywhere near their side and they are struggling big time in the Prem.

Spot on there DTG...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Player ratings

Dave the Gaffer said:

I thought class showed saturday and again, when looking at our team none of our players would get anywhere near their side .

In the 2nd half none of our players did get anywhere near them Dave - that was the problem!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Surprised at the High marks and general ‘overall quite pleased theme’ I’m with Sandgate seagull – It was gutless in the 2nd half and I don’t think Class showed. West Ham didn’t get out of 2nd gear and especially disappointed with certain performances. Robinson was awful – quite what he had to do on Saturday to get subbed is beyond me. The substitutions were also bizarre. Why stick to 4-4-2 at 2-0 down? Why not go 4-3-3. What does it matter if we lose 3-0 or 5-0 in the cup? Getting beaten was expected. Going down with a whimper is really disappointing after a first half performance is which West Ham offered nothing.

Hammond MOM by a MILE. Arsenal lone guy was promising. Henderson is receiving criticism for no good reason. We really missed Cox.

I must do some work

Hannibal smith said:
Surprised at the High marks and general ‘overall quite pleased theme’ I’m with Sandgate seagull – It was gutless in the 2nd half and I don’t think Class showed. West Ham didn’t get out of 2nd gear and especially disappointed with certain performances. Robinson was awful – quite what he had to do on Saturday to get subbed is beyond me. The substitutions were also bizarre. Why stick to 4-4-2 at 2-0 down? Why not go 4-3-3. What does it matter if we lose 3-0 or 5-0 in the cup? Getting beaten was expected. Going down with a whimper is really disappointing after a first half performance is which West Ham offered nothing.

Hammond MOM by a MILE. Arsenal lone guy was promising. Henderson is receiving criticism for no good reason. We really missed Cox.

I must do some work

I can't fault a lot of what you say there, yet I left broadly satisfied with the day. Must be that my expectations going in were a lot lower than yours.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Hannibal smith said:

I must do some work

Agree entirely. I left Upton Park with a completely different feeling to that of leaving White Hart Lane two years ago. I was so proud of our efforts that day, but Saturday I thought was really dissapointing. Realistically, I wasn't expecting to win, but I thought we'd have a much better go at a pretty poor Prem side.
I am quite concerned about our defending of late, we can't buy a clean sheet. I can't understand the reasonable marks for Lynch and Butters, they were annoymous for the second and third goals.
Robinson looks like he needs a break, hopefully he's just tired as opposed to him thinking he's made the big time because of his start to the season. Hart impressed me, would like to see him start tomorrow. Hammond was my MOM.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
London Irish said:
I can't fault a lot of what you say there, yet I left broadly satisfied with the day. Must be that my expectations going in were a lot lower than yours.

Don't get me wrong I expected to lose before we went. For some players though, this was the biggest game of their career to date and I therefore expected them to show a bit more passion, fight and an announcement that they were not just 'potential' but good young players. To me, If they if they hadn't given up at 1-0 down, they certainly did at 2-0.

If some of these players want to go onto better things (Robinson in particular), Saturday was a reality check that they might not be Premiership players in the making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here