Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thought we played well in the first half, but got shown up a bit in the second. All in all a good day.

Henderson 5. Look forward to seeing the goals again. I think he should have done better. Kuopers must play at Bristol City.

O'Ceurill (or however it's spelt) 6. OK. Some poor passes in the first half.

Lynch 7. Good game. Back to his best maybe.

Butters 7. Played well again.

Mayo 4. OK in the first half, but his shitty corner led directly to their second goal and he gave the ball away leading to their third.

Fraser 7. Did some good things.

ElAbd 8. Excellent. Joint MOM.

Hammond 8. Back to his best. Ran the midfield for Brighton. Joint MOM.

Frutos 5. Did a couple of decent things in the first half and actually looked interested for a change.

Robinson 5. Poor by his standards. Did not get involved enough.

Revell 6. Had two or three decent chances which he didn't take. Not at his best.

Subs:

Hart 7. Made things happen on the right when he came on. Superb cross which Revell should have done better with. Should have started.

Rents 5. Not sure he did much.

Gatting 4. Not given much time. Just as well.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I agree with all of that, except Henderson. That's quite simply toss. The first was a volley low right in the corner that he did very well to get to, the second and thirds he didn't have a chance with!

Encouraging to see Hart on the right though. He's not a world beater, but that's the first time we've had any width down the right since Reid got injured

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
hendo 6- average, couldnt do anythin bout goals, came and collected some good crosses, but should hav come and claimed more
o'carroll 6- not bad, good acceleration but a few over hit passes in the 1st half.
lynch 7- better, particularly good in the air
butters 6- good in the air but too slow and too slow on the ball, his passing along the back line was a bit dodgy.
mayo 5- got absolutely rinsed a couple times, frutos did more defendin than he did
fraser 6- average, didnt do alot but had to change his shirt 4 some reason, bloody nose?
hammond 7- composed but always seems to prefer the sideways pass. also lost the ball in poor place which led to their 2nd? goal.
el-abd 7- got stuck in, i thought he was gonna get sent off in 1st half
frutos 6- not too bad, couple good tackles, nearly lobbed the keeper at the beginning, little unlucky to get subbed off.
robinson 5- out of form, one shot which was nearly close but didnt pressurise their defenders when they had the ball, his first touch was a bit off.
revell 6- also a bit out of form but worked quite hard, could hav troubled the keeper had he dived 4 that header.
hart 6- quite good, good cross or 2, gave it his best but not quite there
rents 5- came on and 1st contribution was to lose the ball from a throw in, didnt really notice him much more
gatting 6- i think i actually saw him sprint at one point! sub too late

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm suprised with your ratings of Mayo and Hendo! I think the memory of seeing a mazy Tevez run halted with a superbly timed Mayo tackle will die with me!

Henderson 6.
O'Ceurill 5.
Lynch 7.
Butters 7.
Mayo 7.
Fraser 6.
ElAbd 8.
Hammond 8.
Frutos 5.
Robinson 6.
Revell 6.
Subs:
Hart 7.
Rents 6.
Gatting 1. Get rid of him.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hendo - 6

Gooner - 7
Lynch - 8
Butters - 8
Mayo - 7

Fraser - 5
El-Abd - 8
Hammond - 8
Frutos - 6

Revell - 6
Robinson - 5

Hart - 8
Rents - 6
Gatting - 5

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Henderson 6- nothing major but felt could have done better with first goal, few dodgy kicks.

O'Ceurill (or however it's spelt) 6- Thought he did well for his debut, possibly bit nervous at first.

Lynch 8- very good game, best I've seen him play for a long time.

Butters 7- Improvement on recent performances.

Mayo 5- Same old Kerry, has trouble against pace.

Fraser 5- worked hard, not a winger.

ElAbd 9- Quality.

Hammond 9- ran the show, genius.

Frutos 6- looked sharp disappointing final ball.

Robinson 4- very poor today hopefully a one off.

Revell 6- worked hard, thought he could have done better with the header from Hartys cross.

Subs:

Hart 7- should start right side vs bristol, looked very sharp and put a couple of decent balls in.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Henderson 6.
O'Ceurill 4.
Lynch 7.
Butters 8.
Mayo 5.
Fraser 6.
ElAbd 8.
Hammond 8.
Frutos 5.
Robinson 6.
Revell 6.

Subs:
Hart 7.
Rents 6.
Gatting 3.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Henderson 7 - Did everything that was asked of him in crap conditions

O'Ceurill 7 - Looked comfortable not bad seeing as how he only came in a few days ago.
Butters 6 - Looked after Cole very well
Lynch 6 - More like the Lynch we used to see very comfortable on the ball
Mayo 6 - Felt quite sorry for him in the second half but seemed to have a reasonable game.

Fraser 6 - Bit lacking going forward but was quite strong
El-Abd 7.5 - Beast of game was going for everything just missed out on MOM
Hammond 8 - Ran the midfield, best game i've seen from him in ages
Frutsos 7 - really good in the first half faded in the 2nd which was a shame

Robinson 6 - dissapointing struggled to get in the game which seeing as how they had Dailly was a big shame
Revell 6.5 - good in the air but didn't do much on the floor

Hart 7 - superb cross seemed to be in a hurry and wanted to get things in the box
Rents 6 - solid enough was brought on to help Mayo
Gatting - not enough time

The fans - 7.5 - could have been better but sang throughout

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Gatting 1. Get rid of him. [/B][/QUOTE]

you're a bellend. he tried when he came on. was clearly not given a chance. shit service. you nonce.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hiney said:
What he said, but with a 7 for Hendo

Hendo was quality 1st half. Made some great catches. Thought he maybe could have done better with goals but will need to see again. May adjust myself!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Complete Badger said:
Henderson 7 - not bad, but first goal??

I felt he saw it late and was unlucky as the ball just went under his hand had he seen it a split second earlier he may have saved it

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Henderson - 6 Good catching and kicking, the goals didn't look savable and made a decent stop from Tevez.

O'Ceurill - 6 Could tell it was his first game but promising signs.
Lynch - 8 Again can't say too much about the goals but had a very good first half.
Butters - 7 Solid
Mayo - 6 Good first half, run ragged in the second (it was Tevez though)

Fraser - 5 Looked out g his depth (Hart - 7 Gave us much more impetus down the right)
El-Abd - 6 Got stuck in but a bit out f his depth in the second half
Hammond - 8 MOM, ran the midfield for us.
Frutos - 6 Got stuck in at least, still a shadow of last season (Rents - 6 Didn't do anything really)

Robinson - 5 No service BUT work rate below what you would expect from him.
Revell - 6 Ran hard but put one half decent chance out for a throw. If only he'd got to Hart's cross.... (Gatting - 6 Looked much hungrier than Robinson....)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Player ratings

sir danny cullip said:
Henderson 6- nothing major but felt could have done better with first goal, few dodgy kicks.

O'Ceurill (or however it's spelt) 6- Thought he did well for his debut, possibly bit nervous at first.

Lynch 8- very good game, best I've seen him play for a long time.

Butters 7- Improvement on recent performances.

Mayo 5- Same old Kerry, has trouble against pace.

Fraser 5- worked hard, not a winger.

ElAbd 9- Quality.

Hammond 9- ran the show, genius.

Frutos 6- looked sharp disappointing final ball.

Robinson 4- very poor today hopefully a one off.

Revell 6- worked hard, thought he could have done better with the header from Hartys cross.

Subs:

Hart 7- should start right side vs bristol, looked very sharp and put a couple of decent balls in.

That'll do for me.

Hammond just MOM...superb display.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here