Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The problem for me is the formation. Until Cms gets some support and the ball played in front of him we're not going to see the best of him. Wouldn't it be lovely to see someone playing on the right side of midfield. Still feel sorry for Barnes. He is being asked to play in a nothing role in between right midfield and supporting Cms. Total waste of a player. Poyet needs to sort the balance out. Four wingers and we only ever start one.

This x 100. The formation is currently making Barnes and CMS look total shite.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i feel scoring Barnes and CMS at the moment slightly unfair as they are currently being asked to do somthing they are not used to.

the midfield is constantly disapointing at the moment, Sparrow and Dicker get caught on the ball all to often and no final ball from them. dicker looked for two sideways passes last night before knocking it forward to noone who had been in space the whole time.

the back line looked fine and so did the keeper, nice to see a keeper talking to the defence and looking comftable collecting the ball from crosses.

I thought Harley looked good when he came on albeit only for the last fifteen minutes. Sprayed a couple of very good passes about. Thought Sparrow was more prominent than usual although his final pass was not always up to scratch. Impressed with Reyes with both his ball control and passing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Harper-6
Jara Reyes-6
Dunk-6
Greer- 6
Painter-6
Bridcutt-5
Dicker-4
Sparrow-5
Noone-7
Barnes-6
CMS-7

Hoskins-5
Buckley-5
Harley- 5

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Harper 7 - more commanding than Casper, looks just as comfortable passing it out.
Reyes 7.5 - doesn't get forward as much as Calde (good and bad), looked flair, eye for a pass, tough in the tackle. LIKE.
Greer 7 - generally good, pretty awful challenge on Carew wide with absolutely no need to do it.
Dunk 6 - first touch wasn't as good as usual, ugly tackle (although semi-necessary) for the yellow.
Painter 7.5 - best game of the season for him, IMO. Got forward, never got beaten, put in a couple of crosses, good.
Bridcutt 5 - one poor game in 50 isn't bad. Horrid touch for the goal, visibly frustrated with himself for the rest of the game.
Dicker 6 - flashes of his old self, switching play well and one-touch passing, but caught in possession a couple of times. Get well soon.
Sparrow 6 - two good games and then distinctly average here. Tackled countless times in the first half, movement was poor second half.
Noone 7 - beat the full back time and time again but final product was lacking. Looks the only one capable of creating at the moment.
Barnes 5.5 - pretty poor - I defend him a lot but he was way off the pace last night and his touch was atrocious.
CMS 6.5 - put in a typically good shift but tried a bit too hard in possession, needed to get his head up more.

Hoskins 5.5 - didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be playing, hard worker but fairly ineffectual.
Buckley N/A - can't remember him touching it. We never got the ball out to him.
Harley N/A - not long enough to do anything.

Ref 3 - one of, if not the, worst this season. Let them get away with murder as they continually hacked us, and gave them free kicks practically every time we won the ball. How Nolan didn't get booked for incitement I don't know, ditto Almunia and his unbelievable timewasting. Makes Casper look a saint in that regard.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Harper was great, commanding and giving the defence confidence. Not one bad flap or kneel down shot stop. However, maybe at fault for the goal, standing too near his left hand post.

Reyes, great debut, didnt put a foot wrong, quality signing.

Defence, held up well to the physical onslaught

Midfield, poor last night. Too many stray balls, too many times, Dicker & Sparrow came forward with the ball and a ball was on to Barnes/CMS but they stopped, tracked back, passed sideways. Noone was the exception, how much trouble did he cause, why we are only playing with 1 winger when we are crying out for 2.

Forwards, until we start using them properly we will struggle. Barnes I am yet to be convinced at this level (penalties excepted) and CMS needs a proper partner to furrow up front with.

Overall, bitterly disappointed we lost and felt it very underserving.

F*cking hate Big Sam's style of play and that kn*b Kevin Nolan but they did a job on us.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Analysis from the television:

Harper had nothing to do so can't really have a rating for doing nothing.
Reyes - looked neat and tidy but doesn't get as forward as much as Calderon
Sparrow - hard to give him a rating as he was completely anonymous. Looks like his spell in the team is over
Barnes - not a winger, he's a striker. Play him up top Gus
Mackail-Smith - looked lost today, needs someone to play up top with him.

Totally agree with this.

Harper was out of position for the goal because Bridcutt gave it away.
I lost count the no. of times the midfield looked to the right wing & Jara was still in the middle of our half Calde would of been bombing down the wing
Sparrow looked lost & his touch was about as good as Bridcutts on the night.
Never gonna get the best out of Barnes on the wing (Please play him to his potential so it shuts the old git in front of me from moaning about him the whole game. He was even blaming Barnes for sparrows mistakes)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People judgement of Sparrow is wrong. He got stuck in and tried to make things happen. Almost scored with a lovely volley. Bridcutts worst game, Dicker woeful.

Same here. I thought he did alright and agree he was strong and got stuck in. Bridcutt was certainly worse last night. Dicker was so, so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Harper 7 - more commanding than Casper, looks just as comfortable passing it out.
Reyes 7.5 - doesn't get forward as much as Calde (good and bad), looked flair, eye for a pass, tough in the tackle. LIKE.
Greer 7 - generally good, pretty awful challenge on Carew wide with absolutely no need to do it.
Dunk 6 - first touch wasn't as good as usual, ugly tackle (although semi-necessary) for the yellow.
Painter 7.5 - best game of the season for him, IMO. Got forward, never got beaten, put in a couple of crosses, good.
Bridcutt 5 - one poor game in 50 isn't bad. Horrid touch for the goal, visibly frustrated with himself for the rest of the game.
Dicker 6 - flashes of his old self, switching play well and one-touch passing, but caught in possession a couple of times. Get well soon.
Sparrow 6 - two good games and then distinctly average here. Tackled countless times in the first half, movement was poor second half.
Noone 7 - beat the full back time and time again but final product was lacking. Looks the only one capable of creating at the moment.
Barnes 5.5 - pretty poor - I defend him a lot but he was way off the pace last night and his touch was atrocious.
CMS 6.5 - put in a typically good shift but tried a bit too hard in possession, needed to get his head up more.

Hoskins 5.5 - didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be playing, hard worker but fairly ineffectual.
Buckley N/A - can't remember him touching it. We never got the ball out to him.
Harley N/A - not long enough to do anything.

Ref 3 - one of, if not the, worst this season. Let them get away with murder as they continually hacked us, and gave them free kicks practically every time we won the ball. How Nolan didn't get booked for incitement I don't know, ditto Almunia and his unbelievable timewasting. Makes Casper look a saint in that regard.

I'm not sure I agree it was an above average performance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings (19 ratings)

Jara Reyes 7.13
Greer 6.95
Noone 6.66
Harper 6.21
Dunk 6.16
Painter 6.13
Mackail-Smith 6.03