Dicker-6
Sparrow-5
Noone-7
Barnes-5
CMS-6

Hoskins-5
Buckley-5
Harley- 5

Dominating to that extent and losing is incredible. Bridcutt had an absolute shocker IMO, stray passes, gifting them the goal, poor positioning, the lot. Hopefully he'll forget that game and get back to being Mr Reliable in our next game.
Jara Reyes was impressive, Harper looks more confident than Ankergren, though his positioning was well off for the goal.
No cutting edge today. Very disappointed to come away with nothing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Harsh on painter. Thought he had a decent game. Bridcutt had his worst game of the season but was still better than sparrow and dicker

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1. Harper - 5 not all bad but failed the one serious test of the night.
2. Reyes - 7 very impressed could be a tremendous signing.
3. Painter - 6 much better game from painter.
4. Greer - 8 our best player in my opinion.
5. Dunk - 5 poor distribution and yet another booking.
6. Bridcutt - 4 first truly poor game in 50 odd for the club.
7. Sparrow - 6 felt dicker should have been replaced for Buckley rather than him.
8. Dicker - 5 not a great game compounded by a bad injury
9. Barnes - 5 not good enough at this level.
10. Macail-smith - 5 not happening for him at the moment.
11. Noone - 6 great energy and running, final ball lacking.
12. Hoskins - 5 not really in the game.
13. Buckley - 5 didn't see much of the ball.
14. Harley - 5 tidy on the ball but no real effect on the game.

Thought the ref had a good game and mark noble was the best player on the pitch.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Harper-5
Jara Reyes-6
Dunk-5
Greer- 6
Painter-5
Bridcutt-4
Dicker-5
Sparrow-5
Noone-6
Barnes-3
CMS-5

Hoskins-5
Buckley-5
Harley- Not on long enough

Plenty of effort but woeful in the last third.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Analysis from the television:

Harper had nothing to do so can't really have a rating for doing nothing.

Reyes - looked neat and tidy but doesn't get as forward as much as Calderon
Dunk - did what was asked of him
Greer - also did what a defender should do
Painter - good to see that he's starting overlapping Noone, improved performance

Bridcutt - poor game. Kept losing possesion and misplacing passes
Sparrow - hard to give him a rating as he was completely anonymous. Looks like his spell in the team is over
Dicker - Same as Bridcutt. Sounds harsh as he got injured and looks like he'll be out for a considerable time

Barnes - not a winger, he's a striker. Play him up top Gus
Mackail-Smith - looked lost today, needs someone to play up top with him.
Noone - great running, looked like the only one who was interested in creating something

Subs:
Hoskins - don't really understand why he was brought on and then told to play as a left-wing back effectively.
Buckley - couldn't get in to the game, or couldn't get the ball
Harley - did what was asked.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The problem for me is the formation. Until Cms gets some support and the ball played in front of him we're not going to see the best of him. Wouldn't it be lovely to see someone playing on the right side of midfield. Still feel sorry for Barnes. He is being asked to play in a nothing role in between right midfield and supporting Cms. Total waste of a player. Poyet needs to sort the balance out. Four wingers and we only ever start one.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
1. Harper - 6
2. Reyes - 8
3. Painter - 7
4. Greer - 8
5. Dunk - 7
6. Bridcutt - 5
7. Sparrow - 6
8. Dicker - 5
9. Barnes - 3
10. Machail-smith - 6
11. Noone - 6
12. Hoskins - 5
13. Buckley - 4
14. Harley - 4

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Harper 7
Reyes 7
Dunk 7
Greer 7
Painter 7
Bridcutt 5
Dicker 5
Sparrow 4
Noone 6
Barnes 3
CMS 5

Thought our 2 new fellas were very comfortable and can only see them being a real asset to the team as they settle in. Harper was a bit dodgy a couple of times playing out but he'll get it. Reyes made some awesome passes and some quality runs but wasn't getting picked out till 2nd half

Best game I've seen Painter play all season.

Comes to something when Dunk is taking the ball into the opposing half .... we're so short of a couple of really incisive midfielders I really hope Vicente gets and stays fit ... oh and a big lump up front ... was so wishing Hoskins on but he didn't really feature.

West Ham were crap ... could've been there all night and not scored again ... but then neither did we despite all our posession

Gus sounded happy ............ I hope so

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
People judgement of Sparrow is wrong. He got stuck in and tried to make things happen. Almost scored with a lovely volley. Bridcutts worst game, Dicker woeful.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Harper-7
Jara Reyes-8
Dunk-6
Greer-6
Painter-5
Bridcutt-5
Dicker-5
Sparrow-5
Noone-8 MOM
Barnes-5
CMS-6

Ho
Buckley-5
Harley-3

Hope we sign Haper for longer twice the player than kasper and will save a hell of alot more than him

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Harper 6
2. Reyes 6
3. Painter 7
4. Bridcutt 5
5. Dunk 6
6. Greer 7
7. Sparrow 7
8. Barnes 5
9. M-Smith 6
10. Dicker 6
11. Noone 8 (mom)

Hoskins 5
Buckley n/a
Harley n/a

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
I wonder what Dicker's general rating would be on here tonight if he had been the one caught in Bridcutt's position, Bridcutt was terrible against hull and again tonight, didn't cover himself with glory against leeds and palace either

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Probably should have been another 0-0. Bridcutt's out of character mistake cost us unfortunately.

I agree Jara Reyes looked good on the ball and had a solid debut, as did Harper.

Noone had flashes and Greer got stuck in well but all in all we didn't have the cutting edge.

I think had Bridcutt not given the goal away we'd probably be pleased enough at the clean sheet and could build from there. Sadly it just didn't happen today. Just as well we started the season so well because a run like this without our points buffer would have seen us fighting at the bottom of the table.

I'm still hopeful enough that things will come good again however. When we're firing on all cylinders we're still a decent team. We just haven't been at the races of late

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Jara Reyes looked class.That interception in the penalty area was perfect.Can he take corners?We had so many that came to nothing,Nooney better in the area.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Harper 6
Reyes 7
Greer 6
Dunk 5
Painter 5
Bridcutt 5
Sparrow 4
Dicker 4
Noone 5
Barnes 1
Mackail-Smith 5

Subs 5

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The comments about Barnes are quite fair. I'm usually a critic of his, but he's asked to basically cover two positions. We really need someone on the right wing i.e. Buckley. Not only will it help Barnes, but it'll help Macca to not be so isolated up front.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I wonder what Dicker's general rating would be on here tonight if he had been the one caught in Bridcutt's position, Bridcutt was terrible against hull and again tonight, didn't cover himself with glory against leeds and palace either

Totally agree. Dicker gets hammered when he loses the ball but he makes things happen. As good as Bridcutt can be if the whole midfield played like him we would literally get nowhere. Dicker seems to get criticised for being creative and actually thought he played well tonight. He's a player who takes risks and is therefore inconsistent but I wonder where any sort of spark will come from now he's out - only from the wing now I would suggest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here