Lualua 6
Barnes 6
Smith 7

Buckley 8
Noone 9

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ankergren - 7 I thought he probably did well to get a hand on the goal, although it was all a bit of a shambles in the build up. Other than that nothing really notable to say.

Calderon - 7 Fine, he won't get forward as much if we don't dominate the game but he had a few good forays in the first half, and in the last 15-20 mins his runs were helping keep Doncaster pinned back.
Greer - 7 Solid and composed as usual
Dunk - 7 Looked very assured and completely at home at this level. Only iffy moment was the Sharp challenge really, not that it was a red but it was clumsy and gave a potentially dangerous freekick
Painter - 6 Once again a lot of problems came down our left. Partly due to a LuaLua or Dicker error sometimes but think Painter might need to step his game up more than we realised.

Sparrow - 4 Adds very little to our midfield
Dicker - 6 Not his best game, but the mistake for the goal was not a great pass to him in a dodgy position either.
Bridcutt - 7 Was the best of the midfielders for sure and I think he'll take the Championship easily in his stride.
LuaLua - 6 Think some people are being a bit harsh on him , we had a few dangerous moments from him especially after he switched to the right, and of course their leftback should have been sent off (in the cold light of day perhaps not a straight red, but his second foul on LuaLua was a definite yellow if he hadn't just had one - I hate that)

Barnes - 6 I thought he played quite well butwe saw yesterday that it's crucial to take your chances, although the keeper did well he should have scored in the first half.
Mackail-Smith - 7 Still getting used to the way we play, again probably should have scored in the first half but still very promising

Noone - 7 For me it was typical frustrating Noone. The assist for the winner was magic, but so often he runs down blind alleys and makes wrong decisions. His miss was a shocker, and he had a great chance to play in CMS for a certain goal instead he ran into a crowd of players and then had a tame shot. He seems to have tunnel vision or something, and it's annoying because he's got such skill.
Buckley - 10 Not just the goals, he changed the game. After starting the second half well we were fading away before he came in, hie showed pace, intelligent running and quality on the ball. Watford fans have said he's inconsistent and that's mauybe why he's not started but if Gus can mould him like he has with Bennett, Murray, Bridcutt etc and get the best out of him regularly then we've got a fantastic player on our hands :clap:

Overall it was a decent performance, not amazing and I think it was a bit of a reality check about the standard of the Championship, Doncaster gave us a very good game. But we still had more chances, whcih we should have taken and will need to take to do well this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ankergren 7 - Very solid
Calderon 7 - An absolute rock on the right
Greer 9 - MOM for me
Dunk 8 - Comfortable and composed. El-Abd and Elphick will struggle to break back in.
Painter 6.5 - Solid
Sparrow 6.5 - Solid
Bridcutt 8 - ran the midfield 2nd half
Dicker 5 - Played exactly as he always does. Did ok but gives the ball away in key places and needs to be told that he doesn't have FIFTEEN MINUTES to make decisions.
Lua Lua 5 - Out of the game. Went down easily three or four times.
Barnes 7 - Held the ball up well and linked attack and midfield
Mackail Smith 8 - Superb attitude and superb movement. I like him a LOT

Subs:
Noone 8 - Looked a better prospect than Lua Lua
Buckley 10 - Absolutely a different class

Fans 10 - Sang our hearts out today and were rewarded by some great entertainment.

Ref 3 - Abysmal

Gus 6 - 8 overall for the subs and the tactics, 4 for the silly sending off. We need him on the touchline.

This will do for me. Dicker was very poor and needs to pick up the pace.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Haven't read through the thread yet- going to read through in a sec to see whether people have had the same views as I did:

Ankers-6 Did as much as he could with the goal really, but he does need to pick up the pace a bit when we're behind
Painter-7 Though he did a good job defensively and going forward today
Greer-8 Great performance IMO. Led the back line well
Dunk-7 Would've been 8 but for the challenge on Sharp which he may have been lucky to have gotten away with. Looked really at home and stepped up to the mark.
Calderon-7 See Painter
Bridcutt-7 Passing was brilliant as always
Dicker-5 Looked really out of his depth. Seems to give possession away constantly.
Sparrow-6 Did what was needed
Lua-Lua-6 Got marked out of the game
Mackail-Smith-9 So impressive. Chased down everything and ran his arse off for 90 minutes. Great performance
Barnes-6 Missed an absolute sitter, but held the ball up well when needed

Noone-7 caused them no end of trouble when he came on. Shame about the sitter he blazed over.
Buckley-9 Changed the game completely. Looked so lively when he came on, and finishing was obviously spot on.

Ref-0 Disgraceful.

Great day overall. Refreshment queues ran along nicely, got into Dick's after only a short wait and the 15 minutes before kick-off with the noise being made and the flags waving was spectacular. Train was a bit of a shambles though.
Also, NSK were brilliant today. They take a lot of stick from some, but they sang their hearts out for 90 minutes. Great stuff lads.

Last edited:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
we won so 10s for all. special mentions to the dunk and greer combination (dunk looks a better player than elphic and el-abd) CMS for his immense graft, bridcutt who bossed the second half, and Gus' substitutions which worked a treat. plus of course noone and buckley. can't wait til tuesday night!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Ankregen 7
Calderon 8
Painter 5
Greer 8
Dunk 7
Dicker 6
Sparrow 6
Bridcutt 7
Lua Lua 6
Barnes 7