Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings;

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
Lua Lua looked dangerous everytime he was on the ball. They stuck 2 men on him and he was still going by them. Just a bit of a let down on a couple of his final balls. CMS very hard working just a shame he didnt get a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ankergren 6
Calderon 7
Greer 8
Dunk 7
Painter 5
Sparrow 7
Dicker 7
Lua Lua 8
Bridcutt 9
Barnes 8
Mickail-Smith 8

Subs
Brezovan 3
Noone 5

I thought it was a close one for man of the match to me it was between Bridcutt and Greer, but i was very impressed with Mackell he is very unselfish isnt he, works the channels and is really good at holding the ball up, his goals will come but i love that he is a team player.
Lua Lua scared Tottenham, if he could just put over some better crosses as some of them was awful today, but he still played really well, im hoping he didnt hurt his hamstring as saw him holding it as went off.
Thought was a smashing day today, really enjoyed myself, we played pretty well and gifted tottenham the 3 goals they scored, after seeing todays performance i believe we will have a good season, as we have some very good players.

Saves me typing much, I agree with all of that :thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
For those of us not there, player ratings please, also crowd ratings(different stands please).

North 6
West 4
East 1
South 2

I'm sure we'll all perform better next week!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought Painter was pretty useless. To give him a 7 teddy maybank. ???????????????????????

Quite simple I didn't. Kept Lennon quiet for 30 mins until he switched with Bale. Tucked in really well to support Lewis and towards the end of the first half was left 2 v 1 as at times Kazenga did not cover.

All opinions.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Ankergren 5 - not dominating enough
Calde 8 - thought he looked back to his best today
Greer 8 - looks fitter than last year
Dunk 8 - he is going to be some player, shame about the og
Painter 5 - two moments against Bale cost us
Bridcutt 9 - the best midfielder on the park. Hope we can hold on to him
Dicker 7 - very involved
Sparrow 8 - looked worthy of a starting place
Lua Lua 7.5 - fantastic goal and gave a lot of trouble. If he could stop putting so many crosses behind, well, he'd still be at Newcastle
Barnes 7 - worked hard and in right place for nice goal finish
Mackail-Smith 7.5 - very industrious, a handful for Spurs all afternoon.

Subs: All 6, except Breza who gets a 4 for that error.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Ankergren 6
Calderon 6
Greer 8.5
Dunk 7
Painter 5
Sparrow 6
Dicker 7
Lua Lua 8
Bridcutt 8.5
Barnes 7
Mickail-Smith 8

Subs
Brezovan 2 (made at least one other huge error)
Noone 7

Painter is turning into a John Crumplin figure for me, looks too fat and slow and will get exposed. Brezo shouldn't ever play again. CMS, Lua Lua, Bridcutt and Greer all looked excellent. Barnes didn't offer a lot.

Main concern would be that when spurs pushed up on us we didn't have an option as couldn't win a header when we hit it long and there wasn't room or confidence to pass it out. I know most teams we play will be worse than Spurs but we need to find a plan B. Wish we had a striker who could win a few more in the air. If Barnes isn't going to win headers then we may as well not play him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ankergren 5 - Looked a bit flappy again... Not hisbest game.
Calderon 8 - Made Bale look average
Greer 8.5 - Superb. The real pulse of our passing from the back style. Confident and relaxed on the ball and FURIOUS at the goals.
Dunk 8 - Solid as hell and great in the air.
Painter 6 - OK, but got raosted by a "£50m" player so a bit unfair to judge too harshly
Bridcutt 9 - Simple our best player. Won everything.
Dicker 7 - A good game.
Sparrow 8 - Nailed on against Donny after this
Lua Lua 8 - Terrified Corluka, can't cross for beans sometimes but the fear factor is very evident in opposition defences as soon as he gets the ball. Clearly delighted to be back.
Barnes 8 - Hard working and clinical with his only chance. Worked well with CMS
Mackail-Smith 8 - I think he is going to be a massive favourite with the fans this year. Literally, NEVER gives up and had actually got a surprising turn of pace. Seems to be more of a provider at the moment but his contribution was great.

Subs:
Brezovan 4 - looked shaky from the moment he came on.
Vincelot 6 - Ok, not really possible to judge
Noone 5 - He really disappointed for me today. Never looked like finishing any of his runs with anything or note
Buckley 6 - Difficult to judge but thought he looked ok. Will be better against a team that doesn't include 4 internationals.
Bergkamp N/A - Can't really judge but looked like he could be a handful

Overall 8 - Very promising going forward but some terrifyingly shoddy defending from the flanks at times.

Transport 10 - Used Mill Road P&R and it was slick, organised and efficient. Clear instructions and very impressive.
Drink 8 - Happy with the Harveys and extremely impressed with the portable Harveys dispensers!
Atmosphere 9 - North Stand were constantly singing which was great, West Stand was good and unlike Withdean didn't feel like people were looking down snobbily when I sang (in the WSL)
Stadium 10 - Obvious improvements from the SSC final and worked like a well oiled machine. A memorable day mixed in with a couple of tears!

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Transport 10 - Used Mill Road P&R and it was slick, organised and efficient. Clear instructions and very impressive.
Drink 8 - Happy with the Harveys and extremely impressed with the portable Harveys dispensers!
Atmosphere 9 - North Stand were constantly singing which was great, West Stand was good and unlike Withdean didn't feel like people were looking down snobbily when I sang (in the WSL)
Stadium 10 - Obvious improvements from the SSC final and worked like a well oiled machine. A memorable day mixed in with a couple of tears!

Transport 8 - Used Trains pretty well managed
Refreshments 8 - Pies brilliant, pre match queue just 2 deep
Atmosphere 9 - WSU amazing sound when they sung
Stadium 10 - Stunning and a tear in my eye too at certain times during the pre-match events.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
dunk, greer and bridcutt 10 out of 10.
everybody else gets a 9 (except brezovan who gets a 2)
stadium - 11 out of 10
transport system - 10 out of 10
beer - 10 out of 10 (supping a pint at a home match... after all these years!)
North Stand Kollective - 10 out of 10 (well done lads for sticking to your beliefs, people have been sneering about the ultras idea but yesterday showed what it's really all about and why we need you - you lead us and we will follow)
bloom, knight and perry. 100 out of 10 THANKS for everything, we love you forever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here