Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
i love these ratings, real insight when I could not attend

watching win against gillingham the whole team was hampered by sitting far too deep, that is the fault of the two centre half. when i read this i hear again elphick and virgs were piss poor.

the thread above that states elphich carries the team is an absolute joke, he costs us goal after goal and he need dropping.

until the centre halfs buck up their ideas the shape of the whole team will be f*cked. Against gillingham we are asking our midfielders to cover 60 yard or ground and that is not possible.

Elphick could carry my tescos shopping bag let alone the team

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Kuipers - 4
Hoyte - 5
Elphick - 5
Virgo - 5
El-Abd - 5
Dicker - 6
Navarro - 4
Crofts - 5
Bennett - 5
Forster - 5
Dickinson - 4

Cox - 5
Hart - 5

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Based on 5 being a mid-table, League one performance...

Kuipers - 3
Hoyte - 6
Elphick - 3
Virgo - 3
El-Abd - 5
Dicker - 6
Navarro - 3
Crofts - 6
Bennett - 6 (would have been more, but almost disappeared in 2nd half)
Forster - 4
Dickinson - 5

Cox - 3
Hart - 3

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Being over on a rare visit to the UK, I foolishly decided to go to Saturday's game. I was pretty worried by the end. Anyone who says we're not far from being a decent side is kidding themselves.

Kuipers 4 - should never have let the first goal go in, it barely had enough pace to cross the line.
Hoyte 4 - I expected to be excited by a young player learning his trade at one of Europe's best clubs. He didn't overlap and seemed to be dragged down by the overall standard. Disappointing.
El-Abd 6 - only exposed once. Tried his best and contributed more going forward than quite a few others.
Virgo 5 - communication problems with Kuipers. Almost total lack of faith in his ability to pass the ball accurately.
Elphick 4 - appalling decision-making for the second goal. Aimless hoofing. Why isn't Tunnicliffe playing?
Bennett 6 - one of the few bright points. Actually looks like a league player. Great corners which deserved better.
Dicker 7 - never hid, always wanted the ball. Had to do the job of two in the middle. Looked quality.
Navarro 2 - and that's being generous. Sacrilege to have such a patently unfit player as the attacking midfielder. Looked like a pub player.
Crofts 6 - kept trying but played out of position.
Forster 4 - off-form, missed a crucial chance.
Dickinson 4 - bloody frustrating. Stopped playing if he didn't get the ref's decision. So little strength and doesn't know how to jump. I would much rather have Craig Davies playing with all his limitations.

Slade 3 - some of his signings looked abysmal (Navarro, Dickinson). Why do we have so few options in left midfield? Why did A. Davies not get on? A completely unbalanced side bereft of ideas and belief.

I know it was a one game snapshot for me but I'm seriously worried. Oldham were shite yet we were no better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuipers - 4 - Days are numbered. Very ponderous and slow on the first goal

Hoyte - 6 - Can play the game. Let down by everything around him
El-Abd - 6 - Worked hard out of position.
Elphick - 3 - So disappointed, confidence has gone. Ball watching on 2nd goal. Needs to be rested for his own sake.
Virgo - 4 - Below average. Like Elphick completely undone by any sort of movement by opposing forwards

Bennett - 7 - Exciting when he gets the ball.
Dicker - 7 - Rarely gives the ball away, but lacks fitness. Still one of the few class players.
Crofts - 6 - Worked hard, never gives up. Bit of an unsung hero for me...
Navarro - 3 - woeful. Can't pass, unfit, should never have been signed.

Dickinson - 6 - Lacking confidence, desperately needs some service.
Forster - 5 - Worked hard, missed a good chance in 2nd half. Not fully fit.

Cox - 3 - Not good enough
Hart - 3 - Legs have gone

Slade - Decisions disappointing. Pointless taking Dickinson off and bringing on Hart for 10 mins, if anything weakened the attack. Should never even bother with Navarro....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here