Wright 8.5 MOM
McNulty 7

Cox 4
Thornhill 6
Navarro 4
Davies 6

Hart 5
Murray 7

Tunnicliffe 6, Livermore 6, Mcleod (not on long enough)

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Smith 7- a few decend saves but a couple of dodgy kicks too.

Virgo 6- played ok, out of position a couple of times. he is definatly better at CB.
Elphick 6- average. a few aimless hoofs.
Wright 8- MOM. some great blocks and looked to pass it out of defence rather than hoofing.
McNulty 7- looks class on the ball. linked up with cox well in the first half. good to have him back.

Cox 6- some good runs, particularly in the 2nd half when he beat a few of defenders. would be a 7 but too many crosses didnt beat the 1st man.
Thornhill 6- best i've seen him play. was in space a couple of times and should have had a shot, but looks a bit low on confidence.
Navarro 5- a lot of effort, but looked a bit rusty. didnt protect the back four enough in the second half. that pacy sub was allowed to run too far on several occasions.
Davies 5.5- good on the ball, a few runs but not much end product. decent shot in the second half tested the keeper.

Hart 6- ran around a lot but had a fairly quiet game.
Murray 6.5- some nice touches and had a couple of headers just wide. was unlucky not to win a few more free kicks.

Subs:
Tunniciffe 6- did ok, but im not sure about playing him at right back.
Livermore 6- not on for too long, but didnt do anything wrong. looked to pass it rather than hoof.
Mcleod- not on for long enough. did he touch the ball?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Smith 7

McNulty 7
Wright 8
Elphick 6
Virgo/Tunnicliffe 6

Davies 6
Navarro 6
Thornhill 6
Cox 7

Hart 6
Murray 7

McLeod 6
Livermore 7

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
Smith 7- was impressed by him, good shot stopping, collected crosses confidently, no real chance for the goal

Virgo 6 - Ok, got forwards a few times and tried his best to link up with Davies
Elphick 6 - Good defensively but really needs to be passing it out of defence more
Wright 8 - Really, really impressive, some great tackles and blocks, tried to pass it out of defence sometimes
McNulty 7 - Calm and composed on the ball, a few good bits of skill, got forward lots and linked up well with Cox
Cox 7 - Good link up play with McNulty, some good bits of skill and a great run towards the end. Frustratingly failed to get many crosses in opting instead to shimmy up and down the edge of the box
Thornhill 6 - Was impressed with him, some good passes. Still doesn't look quite sharp enough. Tried to make things happen. Promising.
Navarro 4 - Slow, didn't tackle well, didn't pass well
Davies 6 - Looked good, seems to lack confidence though, a couple of decent runs and good crosses

Hart 5 - Lots of industry but little threat or end product, didn't link well with Murray
Murray 6 - Good return to action after so long out, some good bits of skill, won a few headers but no one was there to pick them up

Subs:
Tunniciffe 6 - Ok, long throws don't really amount to much though do they.
Livermore 5 - Bit rusty and off the pace but a couple of decent passes.
Mcleod - Didn't touch the ball

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've really liked what I've seen of Wright - even when he was being slagged off in the first couple of games. I think he could be quite a find. Add that to Tunnicliffe's form, Jimmy Mac being back and Murray getting fitter and I'm feeling optimistic.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Wasn't there last night but was wondering whether Salde picks Smith or Kuipers Saturday?

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
It's amazing how supporters view games differently, I havent seen us play all season as usually working but I thought Navarro was our man of the match.

Does all the simple things well and keeps the ball moving at all times, very rarely gives possession away and does so much that fans would only really appreciate if the side was winning.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Smith 7.5 – Safe handling and three really good saves in second-half. No chance for goal.
Virgo 6 – Never really troubled. Stayed on his feet, which was nice.
Elphick 5 – Looked dodgy, poor distribution, poor heading. Wright looked like the senior partner.
Wright 8 – Superb performance. Has looked very average at LB, but in the middle he was a revelation. Great tackling, saved Elphick numerous times.
McNulty 7.5 – At last a full-back not afraid to cross the half-way line. Linked up well with Cox and looks so composed on the ball.
Cox 6.5 – Always looking for the ball, caused lots of problems, but rarely beat the defender. Unlucky not to score at the death.
Navarro 5.5 – Anonymous for most of game. I'm sure he does lots of tidy, simple stuff, but with Thornhill also doing lots of tidy, simple stuff the midfield just lacked any drive.
Thornhill 6 – Too similar to Navarro. Gets an extra .5 for trying to get forward a bit more.
Davies 6 – Looked a real handful in the first half and put in loads of decent balls. Had to look for the ball a bit more after the break and lacked impact.
Hart 6 – Worked hard. Had chances to score in each half, but lacked composure.
Murray 5.5 – A couple of flashing efforts didn't really threaten. Looked hungry, but faded after the break. Cracking dive in first-half.

Subs
Tunnicliffe 6 – Ok, but not a RB
Livermore 5 – Not a LB, yellow boots bloke caused constant problems.
McLeod n/a – Not on long enough

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
What were Smiths three really good saves?!

Ok, there was one from Patulea's header, but nothing else, and he won't come off his line!

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
It's amazing how supporters view games differently, I havent seen us play all season as usually working but I thought Navarro was our man of the match.

Does all the simple things well and keeps the ball moving at all times, very rarely gives possession away and does so much that fans would only really appreciate if the side was winning.

Second time I've seen Navarro play and second time I've been really disappointed by him. He just seems so off the pace :shrug:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
What were Smiths three really good saves?!

Ok, there was one from Patulea's header, but nothing else, and he won't come off his line!

There was one where one of their strikers got through on our left and he came out, spread himself and saved from about 8 yards. There was also the header and the follow-up dive.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Navarro was sh1t last night, slow, didn't play a forward pass for 75 minutes, sat far far too deep, meaning Thornhill had one less option/outlet when going forward. Navarro has to up hi fitness and his urgency, otherwise he has a loooooooonnnngggg spell on the sidelines.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
The follow up drive was blocked by a defender on the line and his one-on-one save, he should have been out far quicker to stop the danger!

Though Navarro did play a few balls forward, especially those excelleny diagonal passes to either wing, but I do believe that if we were winning, fans would be raving about him.

He's like Bertin was a few years back, hardly loses possession, and although that means playing it backwards on occasion, surely thats better than hoofing it forward to no-one.

Strikes me as more a continental type of player where its all about keeping hold of the ball, while us English fans get bored of that and what it played forward at every opportunity

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Ridiculous argument. If we were winning fans would be raving about everyone.

I doubt they would, theres always players who wouldnt be raved about, but I seriously believe that if the side was playing well and winning, people would start to see what Navarro brings to the team.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I doubt they would, theres always players who wouldnt be raved about, but I seriously believe that if the side was playing well and winning, people would start to see what Navarro brings to the team.

Unfortunately, for this Utopian scenario to happen Navarro would have to be:
a) playing for the first team
b) playing for the first team that is winning regularly
c) playing for the first team that is winning regularly and making a notable contribution to those wins,
which considering he is currently anonymous in a losing JPT reserve side leads me to deduce that you are talking a load of speculative twaddle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here