Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Haha you dickhead. I've awarded 46 points to the players that started the game, you've given them 56. If I'm clueless then you're not far away!
You call our player of the season Elphick a donkey.You also slag off Fraser and El-Abd constantly and people have a pop at you or call you clueless you throw insults about.I've said this to you before about being defensive.I agree El-Abd is not a midfielder but thats not his fault.Blame Adams and not the players.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sullivan--5
Virgo----4
Hinsh----4
Elphick---4
McNulty--6
El Abd----6
Jarrett---6
Carole----6
Andrew---5
Forster----6
Davies----7

Frazer----8 MOM.

Ref------7

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sullivan 5 - we need Kuipers back, he's more commanding. What was with the dive over the ball at one point?
Virgo 0 until he switched to centre back then a 7. Looked much more comfortable.
Elphick 4 - he has completely lost his game
Hinshelwood 4 - had a torrid time of it
McNulty 6 - the pick of the defence
Carole 7 - some great moments, at the centre of everything we did well in attack
El Abd 8 MOM - committed performance from start to finish. Looks the best option at RB for now.
Jarrett 7 - solid enough game, showed his class with his passing
Andrew 5 - struggled but looked more effective out wide
Forster 6 - he should be up front alongside Davies. Nasty bobble for the miss.
Davies 7 - i really like this guy, he works really hard. Are Davies and Andrew too similar to play together?

Subs

Fraser (for Hinshelwood) 6.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sullivan 5
Virgo 3
Elphick 4
Hinshelwood 2
McNulty 3
Carole 4
El Abd 5
Jarrett 1
Andrew 2
Forster 3
Davies 3

Fraser 6

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McNulty really dissapointed me. He looked awful. Several misplaced passes, getting done several times by their attackers. Hopeless. Also Davies was keen but couldn't score in a brothel from what I saw yesterday.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Sullivan 6. Faultless for the goals, he is the best we've got. Brighton's Number 1.
Virgo 5. Not played well in the last couple of games but he is a victim of his own versatility
Hinshelwood 2. Dont think he's had a game off since coming back against Shrewsbury - needs a rest
McNulty 5. Decent 1st half, not so good in the 2nd. Does seem a little laid back and thats OK if you have the ability to be. Question is.....has he?
Forster 6. We know he can play this position, just not used to it.
Elphick 5. Looking poor at the moment, needs to buck up his ideas
ElAbd 6. I'm always puzzled by the flack he gets, never seems to do much wrong - just isn't amazing
Jarrett 6. Solid enough - a good acquisition
Carole 3. Nowhere near as good as his 2nd debut but still showed glimpses of brilliance
Andrew 6. Decent enough game, it cant be easy for him playing for us
Davies 5. As a striker he needs to take his chances
Sub:
Fraser 6. Did OK when he came on

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I only slag off El Abd in midfield. At the back he's alright.

But hold on just a minute !

El Abd played at RB yesterday for about an hour after Hinselwood came off for Fraser.

Yet you still gave El Abd & Fraser a 3 and called El Abd - "talentless wank as usual " , whilst yet again claiming Fraser ran around doing nothing and is no better than a park player.

I respect everyone has different views and I often agree with you on a lot of the ratings. However, it's seems that El-Abd and Fraser will NEVER convince you that they have something to offer the team no matter how well they play - cue quoting old post from you from Man City game or something ? ;) .

Most people yesterday gave the pair of them reasonable ratings, and rightly so I think. Of course, that doesn't mean you have to agree, but your constant bashing is compromising your impartiality me thinks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cant be arsed to grade those clowns.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Sullivan - 5 - Not directly at fault for the goals, but he doesn't command his box in the way Kuipers does. Time for a rest.

Virgo - 4 (RB) / 7 (CB) - As others have said, stick him in the middle of defence where he belongs

Hinsh - 2 - His form has been tailing off for several games now after a positive comeback from injury. Everyone has seen this, apart from MA.

Elphick - 4 - A shadow of the player he was last year. Needs a more experienced partner at CB.

McNulty - 6 - OK. He gave the ball away a lot. We should expect better.

Carole - 4 - One or two god touches, but no end product. Why was he not substituted?

El Abd - 6 - Steady.

Jarrett - 7 - The pick of our midfield. Looks composed on the ball and breaks up attcks well. Doesn't offer much of an attacking threat though.

Forster - 5 (RW) / 7 (Striker) - Should have played up front with Davies from the start. We looked much more of a threat once he made the switch.

Andrews - 5 - Not really a threat. Had a great start to his loan spell but doesn't warrant a place in the starting line up.

Davies - 7 - Should have scored and didn't play as well as he did on Tuesday. Still our greatest threat and worked his socks off. Great to see him clapping the fans at the end as well.

Subs: Fraser 8 - His game is improving. He looks more composed on the ball than before and I love the way he gees up the other players. If he can step another gear we have a very useful player.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Because, my friend, the game was lost with El Abd in midfield. We were 2-0 down and he, along with one or two defenders, played the biggest part in that in my opinion. If he'd played the whole game in defence like he did the second half then I'd have given him a 5 or a 6 and said he was fine. But using him in midfield (even if it was for 35 minutes) has cost us yet another match, so I won't. The "he can do no right" argument isn't fair because, as I said, if he plays in defence he's ok by me. Let's not get carried away, he's no Beckenbauer, but he's solid enough.

As for Fraser, as soon as he contributes something other than running I'll praise him. Promise.

Behave !

I suppose it was El-Abds fault that Anyinsah megged Elphick and Keogh got in front of Virgo in our own box to slot in a cross ? :thud:

Those two goals had bugger all to do with El-Abd and well you know it. We were 2-0 down because yet again our defence switched off. Granted, Virgo should never have been playing RB and the switch around when Fraser came on for Hinshelwood was exactly how our defence should have lined up in the first place. Again though, not exactly El-Abds fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here