Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Kuipers 6 - Average, poor kicking in the second half and came flapping a lot from their set pieces, didnt see their first goal, though the grumbles arounded me suggested he was at slight fault?

Whing 5 - Tired yet again in the second half and Cheltenham looked to exploit him, 80% of their attacks were down their left hand side at him, gets caught out of position a bit too much for my liking. Virgo should be at right back.

Elphick 6 - Too deep, as was the whole defence

Hawkins 5 - Lost quite a lot in the air today

Richards 6 - Right winger troubled him in the first half

Virgo 5 - He's not a right midfielder Micky - Dont waste him their.

Livermore 6 - average, decent passing, though him and Savage looked a little overun towards the end of the firsr half

Savage 6.5 - Sloppy to start with, but picked up as the game went on, took the ball off of the back 4 ocassionaly.

Thornton 8.5 - Pure quality. Outstanding movement. Magnificent feet. First player we've had for a long time who can buy himself an extra yard while he's on the ball.

Forster 6.5 - Decent, movement was quite poor but played with a good touch.

Murray 9 - Superb performence.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I only saw Kuipers flap at one cross, which was off-side anyway.

I thaught Virgo at right wing was a strange pick, but he did a good job there.

I thaught Forster had a poor game, didnt do much on the ball but that was maybe due to Murray stealing the limileight

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Both Murrays Played Well:jester:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Kuipers 5 - Difficult conditions, but had a stinker. As good as he's been to date, he was poor today.

Richards 6 - Individually sound, but part of a back four that was all over the place at times.
Hawkins 6 - Ditto
Elphick 6 - Ditto
Whing 6 - Ditto

Thornton 8 - Quality performace, although was becoming a bit of a liability towards the end.
Livermore 7 - Solid, used the ball well.
Savage 7 - Good on the ball, but a bit off the pace.
Virgo 6 - Out of position and looked it.

Murray 9 - Outstanding in all departments.
Forster 7 - Struggled to make an impact, but worked hard and laid on second goal.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Double post

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Oh and Adams - 6

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
6? I'd rate him as a 4 for today.

Fair enough, Ric I was probably a tad generous, but he got the best out of Thornton and Murray through their link up and the team selection at the start of the day was almost spot on - apart from Virgo.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Fair enough, Ric I was probably a tad generous, but he got the best out of Thornton and Murray through their link up and the team selection at the start of the day was almost spot on - apart from Virgo.

But thats a MASSIVE cock up. He gets paid to manage the team, and every single fan in the ground could have told you that Virgo is not a right midfielder, and so should never play there, especially when you have Anyinsah on the bench.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
kuipers 5
whing 4
elphick 7
hawkins 4
richards 6
savage 8
thornton 8
livermore 7
virgo 5
murrary 9
forster 6

subs
el abd 5
ginger tosser 0

micky adams very poor 0

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
But thats a MASSIVE cock up. He gets paid to manage the team, and every single fan in the ground could have told you that Virgo is not a right midfielder, and so should never play there, especially when you have Anyinsah on the bench.

Yes, I know. And you know I know. However he did get a couple of things right which made up for it slightly.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I can sort of see what Micky was thinking in putting Virgo against their pint sized left back but it didn't come off. I'll say it again, Virgo must play at the back!

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Yes, I know. And you know I know. However he did get a couple of things right which made up for it slightly.

He's done well bringing these loan signing in, but I don't see why he should be praised for playing them. It is not like it was tough decision whether to play Thornton over Cox, or Savage over Loft, so I think that he merits nothing better than a 4 today.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
He's done well bringing these loan signing in, but I don't see why he should be praised for playing them. It is not like it was tough decision whether to play Thornton over Cox, or Savage over Loft, so I think that he merits nothing better than a 4 today.

That's not my point, Ric.

He played Thornton in a position which saw us get the best out of him and allow him to link with Murray

My point is if he gets criticised for playing Virgo completely out of position, he should be praised for playing Thornton in the perfect position, altough clearly not to the same extent.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
That's not my point, Ric.

He played Thornton in a position which saw us get the best out of him and allow him to link with Murray

My point is if he gets criticised for playing Virgo completely out of position, he should be praised for playing Thornton in the perfect position, altough clearly not to the same extent.

Fair enough, Thornton did play well, although how much of that was down to Adams managerial expertize I'm not sure!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Fair enough, Thornton did play well, although how much of that was down to Adams managerial expertize I'm not sure!

Neither do I and we can argue all day about that, but it does warrant some credit, he deployed him in an area where he had the most space to get at Cheltenham

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Kuipers 6 - Average, poor kicking in the second half and came flapping a lot from their set pieces, didnt see their first goal, though the grumbles arounded me suggested he was at slight fault?

Whing 5 - Tired yet again in the second half and Cheltenham looked to exploit him, 80% of their attacks were down their left hand side at him, gets caught out of position a bit too much for my liking. Virgo should be at right back.

Elphick 6 - Too deep, as was the whole defence

Hawkins 5 - Lost quite a lot in the air today

Richards 6 - Right winger troubled him in the first half

Virgo 5 - He's not a right midfielder Micky - Dont waste him their.

Livermore 6 - average, decent passing, though him and Savage looked a little overun towards the end of the firsr half

Savage 6.5 - Sloppy to start with, but picked up as the game went on, took the ball off of the back 4 ocassionaly.

Thornton 8.5 - Pure quality. Outstanding movement. Magnificent feet. First player we've had for a long time who can buy himself an extra yard while he's on the ball.

Forster 6.5 - Decent, movement was quite poor but played with a good touch.

Murray 9 - Superb performence.

???

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here