Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forster was signalling to the bench for ages that he was in trouble, must be a doubt for Chelteham. As it is only the cup and other than getting to round 3 and earning some money it wont do us a lot of good, I would be inclined to rest him and let him get fit for the league which we havea chance of doing something in.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Are alot of you at the game ?

Hammond had a good game , O'call faded after 70 mins, Richards quality for 75 mins. Forster was superb. Savage was unbelievable....what a performance. Robinson average but same trick all the time. Martot - better 2nd half , good ball in for the goal.

Too much football played at times......if thats poss

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Problem Robinson has is that every one in the ground knows he will try and beat the defender going on the outside with his right foot.

Had a couple of chances to cut inside, but doesn't have the confidence to use his left.

I can't believe how poorly Robinson has been rated for last nights performance. I thought he was excellent, both in attack and defence. He covered every blade of grass last night and put in an unstinting effort. Whilst I do not disagree with an excellent Savage performance being rewarded with MOM, jake would have been one of my other candidates .

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one to recognise Forsters good performance either. He was on the end of practically everyone of Bas's knockdowns and flick ons. He really got involved and helped us keep possession in the final third. The person who described him as lazy is an idiot.

Overall I thought it was good team performance with no-one letting us down, the equaliser came from a piece of brilliance not keystone cops defending. I was encouraged by the performance last night if disappointed with the result, we deserved all three points.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I can't believe how poorly Robinson has been rated for last nights performance. I thought he was excellent, both in attack and defence. He covered every blade of grass last night and put in an unstinting effort. Whilst I do not disagree with an excellent Savage performance being rewarded with MOM, jake would have been one of my other candidates .

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one to recognise Forsters good performance either. He was on the end of practically everyone of Bas's knockdowns and flick ons. He really got involved and helped us keep possession in the final third. The person who described him as lazy is an idiot.

Overall I thought it was good team performance with no-one letting us down, the equaliser came from a piece of brilliance not keystone cops defending. I was encouraged by the performance last night if disappointed with the result, we deserved all three points.

Jake was poor, yet again he bottles a tackle with a keeper.

Forster showed how you run the line and close people down, Robinson ran around like a headless chicken.
Add that to the fact he held on to the ball too long at key moments it doesnt make a great showing by him

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Some people seem to be biased for or against certain players so it really doesn't matter what they do in a game, the same things are said. And some people have expectations that are far too great for a team at our level.

Some of the ratings and comments here are a joke. Just what do you expect of third-tier footballers? They are going to make some mistakes in a game - every game. If they didn't they'd be playing for much better teams than us.

It was an all-round fine performance yesterday with a lot of good movement and passing, sound defence and commitment. No-one let us down and some were excellent. We dominated throughout the game and were undone by a superb goal from Walsall and a couple of missed chances that we should have put away. It happens.

Some of the criticisms are just totally unfounded and based on exaggerated expectation, not reality.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Forster - 5 - i don't think i've seen a more lazy player in my life.

Forster was really sharp tonight. Some great turns and excellent movement. Brilliant run to set up Martot for what should have been the winner.

To mark him 5 is embarrassing and says a lot more about your lack of football knowledge than it does about his performance. :thumbsup:

Good to see you've attended lessons from The Large One in developing an over-inflated ego, and judging anyone who dares disagree with you as being stupid.
:bigwave:

Yes,yes that's exactly what I said. Well done :thumbsup:

Twat.

:D I assume there's more reasoning to that opinion than "i must be a twat because i don't like Bertin"? Or is it because our player ratings disgracefully didn't match?

Just to clarify, I never called you stupid. I questionned your football knowledge, which in light of your '5' score for Forster's performance last night, is fully vindicated.

Your assertion that pointing this out suggests I have an ego problem earned you the 'twat'.

That is all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some of the criticisms are just totally unfounded and based on exaggerated expectation, not reality.

All I expect is the players wearing the stripes to give of their best and try and not to hide away as happens with some. If they havent the ability, or are not good enough, like Loft, then that is not their fault they shouldnt be there but no matter how bad they are they can at least try and put in a100% attempt.

Overall last night was a good performance and we should have won the game during the 1st half but we didnt take the chances we had. We should and could have gone in 3 - 0 at half time game over.

Kuipers 7 - very good save to keep us from losing
Whing 7
elphick 7
el abd 7
richards 7
robinson 5.5 - I know he works hard but he's too predictable at the moment
O'Callaghan 7
Hammond 7
martot 7.5
forster 7
savage 8 absolute quality and defo MOM

Cox 6

Walsall were the worst team to visit this season by miles but we lacked the killer instinct which is a shame as it cost us dearly, However excellent passing and all round football.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good to see you've attended lessons from The Large One in developing an over-inflated ego, and judging anyone who dares disagree with you as being stupid.
:bigwave:

I have an over-inflated ego for disagreeing with you? And this from the person who doesn't like Wilkins because he doesn't agree with you?

You really do have a low opinion of people don't you? Is it based on your own sense of self?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuipers - 7 Commanded his area, could do nothing about the goal and made a good save after from the same lad.

Whing - 7 Generally superb although their goalscorer gave him a few problems.
El-Abd - 7 Couple of crazy headers early on but generally fine.
Elphick - 7 As above minus the crazy headers.
Richards - 8 Has got better every week, now looks a very accomplished left back. Excellent passing and crossing. I hope we sign him nearly as much as I hope we sign George...

Robinson - 7 Did ok, sometimes doesn't know when to release the ball. This is the problem with him, he doesn't look like a natural winger, or a natural striker, but he has obvious talent (and pace). So what do you do with him? Tracking back he was great though! And scored obviously...
O'Callaghan - 7 A couple of times he overcomplicated when the simple option was better.
Hammond - 7 Tackled back and kept possession, good performance.
Martot - 7 Would be higher if not for a few missed chances, very impressive in his all round play. Didn't get in the game so much when he was moved right.

Forster - 7 Looked sharp. The break seems to have done him good, he looks better. Hopefully he is not injured again though...
Savage - 7 A very good performance in almost every respect but like Martot I marked him down a bit because he had a couple of chances he could have done better with - two headers straight at the keeper.

Subs
Cox - Barely got on the ball but looked lively on the couple of occasions he did.

Overall a good performance but 2 points dropped. But if we keep playing like this playoffs are a realistic possibility.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Kuipers 6- Didn't have much to do, apart from the one handed save.

Whing 7- Had a decent game, got caught out for the equaliser through.

El-Abd 6- Heading still absolutely abysmal.

Elphick 7- Won most headers and looked solid throughout.

Richards 7- Getting better in every game.

Martot 8- Best game he has had since his arrival, hopefully this will be the turning point for him.

George 7- Gave some good passes, didn't have the best of games but decent enough.

Hammond 6- Still lacks the shot outside of the box, still very slow whilst getting closed down.

Jakey 6- Had a reasonable quiet game, still needs to take on the man and skip past him, instead of trying to much.

Forster 7- Still needs the service from the midfield, because he is still being wasted.

Savage 8- Won almost every header and flick on against their centre backs, didn't really put a foot wrong all game.

Subs:

Cox 6- Didn't really get much time to make a impact.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kuipers 7 - kicked well and did all that was asked. No chance with goal.
Whing 8 - great peformance.
Elphick 7 - played ok
El Abd 7 - worked hard
Richards 8 - best game for us, linked up superbly with Martot
Hammond 7 - thought he had a good all round game
O'Callaghan 7 - nothing flash, made about 80 passes, misplaced 1
Martot 8 - worked really hard and linked up superbly with Richards but missed a great chance
Forster 9 - absolute class. Incredible pace for his age, caused problems all night
Bas 8 - another wholehearted performance but tired in second half
Robinson 8 - played really well, ran his socks off, got back to defend a couple of times too.

Sub Cox for Forster 7 - looked lively in time he was on.

All in all, a 1-1 loss. We did not deserve to drop points. Passing and moving thrughout the match were the best i've seen for ages.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
All I expect is the players wearing the stripes to give of their best and try and not to hide away as happens with some. If they haven't the ability, or are not good enough, like Loft, then that is not their fault they shouldn't be there but no matter how bad they are they can at least try and put in a100% attempt.

Overall last night was a good performance and we should have won the game during the 1st half but we didnt take the chances we had. We should and could have gone in 3 - 0 at half time game over.

I agree with all you say except that one shouldn't mistake having an off day with hiding away. I often see the former, but very rarely the latter. Too many times players get accused of lack of passion or effort when the reality is they have made mistakes/had a bad day/are not good enough.

When I played it was always with 100% passion and effort, but it didn't stop me having bad days and playing rubbish on far too many occasions!

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
I can't see some people on here ever being positive about Adam El-Abd. since his mistake against leeds he has played well. last night he was playing 2 very experianced strikers, and between him self and tommy elphick i cant really remember a time where either screwed up presenting the strikers with a good chance. we were unlucky last night, and should have comfortably won the game, but that doesnt mean anyone played atall badly.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Jake was poor, yet again he bottles a tackle with a keeper.

Robinson ran around like a headless chicken.
Add that to the fact he held on to the ball too long at key moments it doesnt make a great showing by him

As no one else has commented on this I will.

Twaddle. Or complete piffle if you prefer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here