Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Watford

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Virgo's Haircut said:
It doesn't matter if we lose 1-0 or 25-0 now. Our goal difference is so shit that we need to have more points than whoever is near us.

If Henderson hadn't decided to run and head the ball for whatever reason, we MAY not have lost.

Anyway it doesn't matter. I'll change his rating to a 10 if people are happier.

I'd have prefered he came out for it than faced a 1 on 1. How many time's have we seen a similar bit of play and the forward/midfielder has booted it wide.

As usual Lady Luck and the Linesman with the yellow flag where agaisnt us. :down:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
LANGDON SEAGULL said:

The woman near me shouted 'Henderson you are useless' and does it every game. Nothing like supporting your team is there love??

Does she sit near the front in D Block? If so, her comments really wind us up as she constantly picks on Henderson, only because she thinks there is noone as good as Kuipers. She used to do it with Roberts & Blayney too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Henderson 8 (not at fault. Eagles will wait a long time to score a goal like that again)
Hart 8
McShane 7
Butters 8
El Abd 7
Carole 7
Hammond 6
Mayo 7
Frutos 7
CKR 6 (he cannot turn with the ball at all)
Gatting 7

Subs
Reid 6
Robinson 6

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Hammond 7.5 - Played quite solidly, but seem to lack a bit of fitness.

Really sorry but you must be watching another game to accuse Hammond of lacking fitness!! In case you hadnt't notice he is the only player that goes from box to box consistently over 90 minutes. What he lacks is composure and finesse on the ball and this was clearly shown when he was through and played a herrendous pass through in the first hald when it was easier to lay on a decent pass

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Henderson 8 - some cracking saves
Hart 7- played well
McShane 7 - decent game
Butters 6
El Abd 7
Carole 7.5
Hammond 5 - couple of absolutely honking passes
Mayo 4 - didn't seem to do much at all either defensively or attacking.
Frutos 6.5
CKR 8 - created couple of excellent chances from absolutely nothing
Gatting 6 - First touch was a bit cack

Subs
Reid 6
Robinson - 5

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mayo 4?
Didn't you see the tackles he won?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Virgo's Haircut said:
If Henderson hadn't decided to run and head the ball for whatever reason, we MAY not have lost.

If Henderson hadn't decided to make a string of stunning saves, we DEFINITELY would have lost.

:jester:

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Yorkie said:
Mayo 4?
Didn't you see the tackles he won?

no.

saw a lot of space in the centre midfield where he should have been.

saw him get exposed a number of times for pace or positioning.

But then again I don't rate him at all so maybe am biased.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
He
Hammond 9* Covered very blade of grass no reckless tackles excellent game. MOM.to be a success just needs a run in the side.

Did u not see the horror challenge he was booked for?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Henderson had no choice , had to come out for it ...

Hammond, covers loads of ground, gets stuck in .... but some of his passing is :nono:

Mayo played well, some very nice touches, his problem is that he runs like a Wilderbeast.

Carole, very nice touches, good on the ball .... unfortunately didn't go pass anyone. Slows the play down.

The rest all played well ....

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Seagulltonian said:

Robinson 4.5 - 10 minutes is not enough for "The Denton Destroyer", especially after you take off a big target man!
It's Monday morning and I want to get flamed.
10 minutes is far too long for this lightweight non-scorer who has made no progress in two seasons. His only contribution this season was to give OAP Taribo West a hard time against Plymouth. Send him on loan to a non-league club to give him confidence as he looks totally lost.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Magoo - 0

I felt that the whole team played to the best of their ability. However, unless Magoo gets us a striker to lead the line we are doomed!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I used to be a massive FDM fan, however after the way he has behaved recently i wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

He has been a great servant to the club but i can't help thinking the way he has behaved is a big two fingers to all those that have supported him

:(

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
mona said:
It's Monday morning and I want to get flamed.
10 minutes is far too long for this lightweight non-scorer who has made no progress in two seasons. His only contribution this season was to give OAP Taribo West a hard time against Plymouth. Send him on loan to a non-league club to give him confidence as he looks totally lost.

A scenario which would leave us with the oh so prolific Hart, McPhee, Kazim-Richards and Turienzo? I think all of our strikers look totally lost with the service they are getting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here