Bridcutt-8
Buckley-8
Sparrow-9
Forster-Caskey-9
LuaLua-8.5
CMS-6

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Brezovan 7. A couple of bad flaps, but some excellent reaction saves. He still doesn't fill me with confidence, you always feel a catastrophic mistake is just round the corner

Cook 7. Filled in very well, but a few occasions when he got in good positions and wasted the ball.

ElAbd 8. Very solid.

Greer 6 Loses two points because of stupid red card.

Tarrico 7. Good that he can still put in a performance when we need him in emergencies.

Buckley 8.5 Particularly excellent in fast half when he ripped Harding to shreads.

Sparrow 8. Probably the most pleasing performance. Slotted back in nicely, scored two goals, one an absolute stunner.

Bridcutt 7.5 Solid game after a bit of a dodgy spell.

KLL 8.5 My MOM. Always dangerous coming forward, but what surprised me was some of his tackling back which was absolutely superb.

CMS 7. Not his best game, needs a goal.

Forster-Caskey 8. Looks like we've uncovered a bit of a diamond - very, very promising.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Brezovan - 7.5 - A few times he was caught in a bad position, and there was the rather lousy punch, but Brezovan took his opportunity brilliantly today. Should probably be in goal for Wrexham.
Cook - 8 - Pretty sure he's still off to Bournemouth at some point, but he really did well today, attacked and defended well, seemed to have a good understanding with Buckley too.
Greer - 7 - Marshalled the team well, mostly good distribution, at least the sending off didn't come when we a significant amount of time left to play.
El-Abd - 8 - Glad to see he's back in his preferred centre half role, played really well. Loved the way in the ten minute period after Lambert's sending off the ball seemed to be with him more than most :D
Tanno - 6 - Some great play at the start of the game, but he started to look tired quickly. Better going forwards than defending today.
Bridcutt - 8 - Standard Bridcutt really, best £0 we've spent.
Sparrow - 8 - Was absent for a good deal of the first half, but he totally pulled his socks up and had an incredible second half display. Hopefully he'll keep up this, rather than the slightly off the pace look he can sometimes have.
JFC - 9 - Probably a higher score due to his age, but he looked a seasoned pro, very composed, very confident, I loved the way he actively encouraged others to get forward.
LuaLua - 8 - The only worry with him is his lack of defensive ability, which Noone does have. However, today he made a few amazing tackles and is becoming a more rounded player. Still growing and will become a top winger.
Buckley - 10 - My MOTM, he destroyed Harding, Fox and their RB, good play with everyone, particularly Cook I thought, but perhaps a few wayward crosses.
CMS - 7 - We need a target man if we want to play long balls up the field, but he did everything right that he could. Hopefully then his goal tally with (deservedly) match his enthusiam.

Hall - 7 - Seemed very bright, even being played out of position. Held his own against league leaders on his professional debut, not bad at all.
Harley - 5 - Wasn't on long enough to rate any higher than that, good corner though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Brezovan - 6.5. Was fortunate today, but solid.

Taricco - 6. Solid as per usual.
Greer - 5. Played well until naively getting sent off.
El-Abd - 7. Had a great game.
Cook - 8. DON'T LET HIM GO. Brilliant today.

Lualua - 8. Quality, skinned their defenders lots of times, and a nice shot to set up the first goal.
Bridcutt - 7. Effortless, forgot he was there at times, a fluid link from defense to the rest of midfield.
Sparrow - 9. Fantastic, a real workhorse and he got everywhere. Possibly the best strike at the Amex so far for his first goal, and nicely done for his second.
Forster-Caskey - 9. Very strong and confident on the ball for a 17-year-old, a commanding performance and a nice goal to add to a great game for him.
Buckley - 8. Left their defenders for dead several times and did well to force the substitution of Harding.

Mackail-Smith - 6. Good effort once again, shame the final product isn't there yet.

----------

Hall - 7. Very good, slotted in seamlessly.
Harley - n/a Not enough time to make an impact, but it definitely wasn't disastrous.

Stumpy Tim

Brez - 7.5 - Apart from one completely bizarre punch, he was excellent. Kicking has improved too
Cook - 7 - Did well defensively. Obviously was told to push on more in the second half. Crossing wasn't the best but he's a centre back
Tano - 7 - Did well.
Greer - 7 - Class act
El-Abd - 8 - Committed and didn't give an inch
JFC - 8.5 - Excellent in the first half, best player on the pitch in the second half.
Sparrow - 7 - Totally anonymous first half, excellent second half
Buckley - 7.5 - Was the only one who looked like threatening in the first half.
KLL - 7 - Disappointing first half, excellent second when Saints were forced to give him space.
CMS - 6 - Gets that for the constant work rate, but I thought it was one of his weaker games. Largely anonymous throughout

Hall - 7 - Did well, though clearly right-footed
Harley - Not long enough

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan - 7
Cook - 8
Greer - 6
El Abd - 8
Taricco - 7
Bridcutt - 8
Sparrow - 8
Forster-Caskey - 8
Buckley - 8
LuaLua - 9
Mackail-Smith - 7

Hall - 7
Harley - N/A

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Based on 5 being average.

Brezovan: 6 A wonderful double save. Other than that I wasn't convinced. Seemed allergic to catching the ball - the saints goal/goalline clearance was a result of his inability to deal with a simpleish ball and his punching was erratic. He did, at least, appear willing to venture off his line. Based solely on this game and Ankergren's against reading and coventry(the only games I've seen) Brezovan is the best of two weak options.
Tarrico: 5 He looks like a player that was quality but is now in his late 30's. Which, of course, he is.
Cook: Very assured performance. Looks like he'll develop into a great player, sadly not with us.
El Abd: 7 His kind of game. A nice physical battle which he won.
Greer: 3 Would have been a 7 but stupidly, stupidly sent off. You should expect better from a senior player and the captain.
Bridcutt: 7 Broke up play excellently and kept the game ticking over.
Sparrow: 6 What a goal!
JFC: 6 didn't look out of his depth at all. Made some decent tackles and good passes. Did really well to hold off the saints defender to score. A great prospect.
Buckley: 6.5 A constant threat.
Lua Lua: 6.5 Quiet first half but very good second, including some top defensive work.
CMS: 5 Tireless up top but didn't have a single chance that I can remember

Subs:
Hall: 5 Decent debut. Didn't do anything silly and kept it simple.
Harley: not on long enough.

Overall: 7
An excellent performance. Disciplioned in the first half where saints were overall the better team but not overwhelmingly so. Second half was a superb performance once LAmbert was sent off. They really used the width of the pitch and the extra man to punish Southampton who didn't look like getting anything from the game once they fell behind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Any one got any more to add to these?

Also:
Brez - 7 - Looked more capable than Casper has recently. Not the answer though.
Cook - 8 - Great performance, gives more physical presence as well.
Tano - 7 - Shame his hamstring went.
Greer - 6 - Due to the sending off - idiot!
El-Abd - 8 - Class throughout, great communication across the defence.
JFC - 8 - Great full debut.
Sparrow - 9 - MoM for me. Great energy capped with 2 good goals.
Buckley - 7 - Good on the ball, but his movement when off it needs further work.
KLL - 7 - Disappointing first half, excellent second.
CMS - 7 - Quiet, remains starved of service.

Hall - 8 - Great debut, coped very well.
Harley - 7 - I think he took the corner for the third goal......

Ref - 7 - Better performance than previous, should have sent Harding off, but the majority of other decisions correct including both sending off's.

Crowd - 8 - Great backing.

Brez - 8
Cook - 8
Tano - 7
Greer - 4 would have been 8, with our diciplinary record the captian should set an example
El-Abd - 7.5
JFC - 7.5
Sparrow - 9
Buckley - 8
KLL - 7.5
CMS - 6.5

Hall - 7
Harley - 6

Ref - 8

You're both missing ratings for bridcutt.

Based on 5 being average.

Brezovan: 6 A wonderful double save. Other than that I wasn't convinced. Seemed allergic to catching the ball - the saints goal/goalline clearance was a result of his inability to deal with a simpleish ball and his punching was erratic. He did, at least, appear willing to venture off his line. Based solely on this game and Ankergren's against reading and coventry(the only games I've seen) Brezovan is the best of two weak options.
Tarrico: 5 He looks like a player that was quality but is now in his late 30's. Which, of course, he is.
Cook: Very assured performance. Looks like he'll develop into a great player, sadly not with us.
El Abd: 7 His kind of game. A nice physical battle which he won.
Greer: 3 Would have been a 7 but stupidly, stupidly sent off. You should expect better from a senior player and the captain.
Bridcutt: 7 Broke up play excellently and kept the game ticking over.
Sparrow: 6 What a goal!
JFC: 6 didn't look out of his depth at all. Made some decent tackles and good passes. Did really well to hold off the saints defender to score. A great prospect.
Buckley: 6.5 A constant threat.
Lua Lua: 6.5 Quiet first half but very good second, including some top defensive work.
CMS: 5 Tireless up top but didn't have a single chance that I can remember

Subs:
Hall: 5 Decent debut. Didn't do anything silly and kept it simple.
Harley: not on long enough.

Overall: 7
An excellent performance. Disciplioned in the first half where saints were overall the better team but not overwhelmingly so. Second half was a superb performance once LAmbert was sent off. They really used the width of the pitch and the extra man to punish Southampton who didn't look like getting anything from the game once they fell behind.

You haven't given cook a rating.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brezovan 8

Cook 8.

ElAbd 7

Greer 7 intill last 3 mins

Tarrico 6.

Buckley 8(MOM)

Sparrow 8

Forster-Caskey 8

Bridcutt 8

KLL 8

CMS 6

Subs:
Hall 7
Harley - not on long enough.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average match rating v Southampton (21 votes)

Cook 7.81
Forster Caskey 7.43
Hall 7.25
Brezovan 7.26
Bridcutt 6.89 (20 VOTES)
Greer 6.66
Mackail-Smith 6.63
Lualua 6.60
Buckley 6.55
El-Abd 6.24
Taricco 6.09
Sparrow 5.96