Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Soton please

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brezovan - 7 - I missed the first goal, but I thought he made some important saves in the second half
Painter - 6 - Not his best game. Sloppy at times
Elphick - 8 - Our best defender
El Abd 7 - Solid
Calderon - 8 - Got forward to good effect, a typical Calderon performance
Navarro - 6 - Did okay without making much impact in a midfield that looked great one minute, then second best the next
Crofts - 6 - Ditto
Dicker - 7 - Looked the best of our midfield trio
Bennett - 7 - Drifted in and out of the game. A compelling battle with Harding. Great goal
Carole - 6 - Some good moments, just not enough of them
Murray - 5 - Stop f***ing diving. Should have scored twice in the first half. He blows hot and cold. Tonight was cold.

Lua Lua - 7 - Just for that cross. Didn't look match fit though
Barnes - 6 - Great header, did little else
Arismendi - 5 - Little time to make an impression

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No way. I'm a Dicker fan and I thought he was the weakest of the midfield 3 tonight, didn't seem at the races in a quick physical match, gave it away more than the other 2.

Crofts meanwhile was excellent.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Deffo 10 out of 10 for all of them.

Oh, I forgot the convention, 6 for Navarro and Carole, they were shit.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Deffo 10 out of 10 for all of them.

Oh, I forgot the convention, 6 for Navarro and Carole, they were shit.
Carole was good tonight showing far more involvment.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No way. I'm a Dicker fan and I thought he was the weakest of the midfield 3 tonight, didn't seem at the races in a quick physical match, gave it away more than the other 2.

Crofts meanwhile was excellent.

You must see a different game to me because for what I saw he added elegance and style. His composure whilst under tight pressure is invaluable to the teams style. We had more possession than them and I felt Dicker retained it superbly.
Agreed, Croft had a blinder too.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Hammond-cun t
Harding-cun t
Pardew-cun t

Southampton fc- Bunch of f***ing cun ts who shouldn't be in f***ing existance.

Probably have to disagree with 2 of the ratings.
I'd give Harding a 6 and Hammond a 4.

1066gull

I think both sides played foul

One moment I thought Barnes was going to be sent off for retaliating

I really like Inigo and Elphick's partnership between centre and the wing, they look like they understand each other well. Two years ago I said I really liked Elphick and Lynch's partnership, but together back then they were prone to let their man slip through or rash passes but I think todays defence is much more solid

I think Tarricco deserves some credit whatever he has been coaching the boys. Lua Lua could be the man that brings in money for the club.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I thought Pardew did really well for us by starting with Lee Barnard on the bench, it was a shame he spoilt it by bringing him on later in the game.
IMO Dan harding played well for them and Dean Hammond didn't play at all.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Brilliant game but, shock horror, a couple of tactical blunders tonight. 2-1 up with 15 minutes to play and with Barnard just on the pitch Gus should have bolstered the defensive spine of the team. There's no way Navarro should've come off - he's unbelievably good at shielding the back 4.

Meanwhile Gary Dicker, who'd had a fab game, was clearly tiring and starting to get caught with the ball and misplacing passes. In fact it was his attempt at another killer ball when holding it or playing it simple (or into the corners) was intercepted for the Scummer's late equaliser.

Diego on for Dicker - as another defensive midfielder - and Crofts pushed forward and I reckon 3 points instead of 1. But bollocks to it, for 2/3 of the game we were the better side playing the better football and after so much shit for the past couple of seasons that was worth every penny of my £24. Hope Paints is alright - what a brilliant LB that bloke is.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brezovan - 7 - I missed the first goal, but I thought he made some important saves in the second half
Painter - 6 - Not his best game. Sloppy at times
El Abd 7 - Solid
Calderon - 8 - Got forward to good effect, a typical Calderon performance
Navarro - 6 - Did okay without making much impact in a midfield that looked great one minute, then second best the next
Crofts - 6 - Ditto
Dicker - 7 - Looked the best of our midfield trio
Bennett - 7 - Drifted in and out of the game. A compelling battle with Harding. Great goal
Carole - 6 - Some good moments, just not enough of them
Murray - 5 - Stop f***ing diving. Should have scored twice in the first half. He blows hot and cold. Tonight was cold.

Lua Lua - 7 - Just for that cross. Didn't look match fit though
Barnes - 6 - Great header, did little else
Arismendi - 5 - Little time to make an impression

Would give Barnes a 7, as he worked hard and was always a threat - otherwise very accurate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brezovan - 7 - Love Kuipers, loving Bresslaw more
Painter - 7 - Kept their winger quiet
El Abd 7 - Solid
Calderon - 7 - Solid, broke up play well
Navarro - 6 - OK, bit casual at times. Confidence is one thing, over-confidence...
Crofts - 7 - Worked hard - showed Hammond the concept of how to play in midfield
Dicker - 6 - Again, a bit casual, didn't really move the ball as quick as he could or should have. Still decent though
Bennett - 7 - Didn't stop working. Better than last Saturday. Did Harding a few times. But then, I can do that. In plimsolls.
Carole - 6 - Not as good as against Tranmere, but then having the referee taking a personal dislike to you doesn't help
Murray - 6 - Worked hard. Got to be more consistent in front of goal though.

Lua Lua - 6 - Fabulous cross for the goal. Needs to look up. Got caught in possession when a pass is the simple and obvious ball
Barnes - 7 - Fabulous goal. Looks a decent prospect.
Arismendi - Little time to make an impression

Crowd (in D Block) 8
Ref -5
Pardew - just f*** off. You dare gesticulate to Gus like that again. You're not fit to lick his piss, you pig-eyed sack of cock yoghurt.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan 7
Calderon 9
Elphick 8
El Abd 7
Painter 7
Navarro 6
Dicker 6
Crofts 7
Carole 7