Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Posh

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Elliott Bennett was pants 2/10 not worth the price of his kit - can't believe any team would ever consider signing him

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Elliot Bennett, Gordon Bennett more like.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
All of them were dreadful today. Need to sell the entire squad whilst hopefully ripping off any buyers if we stand any chance of promotion. Bring back Albert Jarrett and Seb Carole!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I only listened to the radio and could tell they are fearing relegation, bad passing, dodgy shots...thank god for the 3 own goals!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I only listened to the radio and could tell they are fearing relegation, bad passing, dodgy shots...thank god for the 3 own goals!

4 more points and we should be safe from relegation. Nervous times...

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
4 more points and we should be safe from relegation. Nervous times...

bolloxs to maths, we need at least 30 more points if we really want to feel safe from league 2. My heart tells me it just isn't going to happen for us this year!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ankergren - 9 MOM for me. Two magnificent saves in either half, excellent distribution of the ball. Not at fault for the goal

Calderon - 7 Excellent pass to Bennett in the build up to the first goal. Generally solid but did get caught out of position a couple of times in the 2nd half

Painter - 6 Not one of his better games and badly out of position for posh's goal

Greer - 8 Solid performance at the heart of the defence. Dealt with any threat posed with authority. Commanding in the air

El-Abd - 8 The perfect defensive partner for Greer. Solid as a rock.

Noone - 7 Technically superb. Clearly has a cultured left foot and got into some very promising positions. Let down by his final ball at times

Bridcutt - 7 Unbelievable work rate and great at breaking up play. Did lose possession a couple of times in dangerous areas.

Sparrow - 7 Good passing range demonstrated today. An efficient if unspectacular performance

Bennett - 8 Magnificent 1st half with a fantastic assist and a sweet strike for the goal. Was quiet in the 2nd half in my opinion

Murray - 7 Led the line well and work rate was excellent. Was at fault for their goal as it was his unnecessary backheel that led to the build up for the goal

Wood - 8 I am getting more and more impressed with this young lad. Clinical finish for the 1st goal and showed impressive strength in holding the ball up to bring the midfield into play

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Ankergren 7. Very few shots to save but came off his line quickly to block 3 times when they were 1 on 1. Positioning a bit dodgy for Boyd's chip off the bar and one usual Casper flappy moment when they were building up a head of steam.
Calderon 7. First touch since his return went out of play and second was a poor cross. Improved after that but not as marauding as usual.
Painter 7. Couple of great runs but needed better end product. Generally solid but goal came from his side.
Greer 8. Immense first half at intercepting their balls through the middle. Pings a lovely crossfield ball with pace and accuracy. good, solid heading in the second half.
El Abd 8. Same as Greer. Both did a good job in keeping Mackail-Smith relatively quiet. One lapse towards the end.
Bennett 9. Ran the show first half, bit quieter second and the change when Dicker replaced Noone didn't seem to help him. Quality goal and great cross for Woods' first.
Bridcutt 8. Probably his best game so far. Broke up play, kept it simple but some better passing forwards than seen before.
Sparrow 7. Good engine and some great balls through in the first half. Quieter second and replaced by Kishishev as Gus looked to tighten things up.
Noone 7. Didn't see enough of the ball first half but made things happen when he did get it. Not afraid of getting stuck in when he needs to. Think he'll improve as he gets more used to our style of play.
Murray 8. Would have been higher but for that daft backheel which lead to their goal. Won countless headers and a couple of sublime turns to leave their defenders for dead, Really strong run and great cross for the third goal.
Wood 8. Took his goals really well and could/should have done better just before his first when the ball seemed to get stuck under his feet. As with most of the team, better first half than second but isolated when Murray went off.

Subs:

Dicker 6. Ok but we lost our shape and attacking threat when he replaced Noone.
Kishishev 6. Typical unfussy perfromance.
Barnes 5. Not on long enough for any kind of impact other than to pick up a daft booking for kicking the ball away.

Overall: Got to be happy with doing the double over a potential promotion rival who Ferguson will get more organised defensively and who will hopefully take points off our closest rivals. They looked ok for the first 15 minutes without really threatening but, once we got going, we played some scintillating stuff until the hour mark when Gus tried to tighten things up by replacing Noone with Dicker. Seemed a strange one at the time as Peterborough were going to have to throw men forward in search of a route back into the game and would have been there for the taking of a 4th or more goals as we hit them on the counter and Noone was a great outlet ball against their ropey defence. But another good 3 points even if it was a bit nervy towards the end.

Sep 1, 2010
Ankergren - 7
Calderon - 6
Greer - 6
El-Abd - 7
Painter - 6
Bennett - 1...........Twas shite.
Bridcutt - 7
Sparrow - 6
Noone - 7
Murray - 6
Wood -8

Dicker - 5
Kish - 6
Barnes- Not enough time

I didn't go though, but Bennett sounded rubbish

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Ankergren- 8 Good game, some impressive brave Goalkeeping today along with some good kicking.

Painter- 7 good game, made some good forward runs today and was much more involved with the attacking play.

Calderon- 7 Typical Calderon performance, a few bad passes but overall commanded his area.

Greer- 8 Excellent passing performance today, played a killer ball across field to Noone, best pass of the match.

El-abd- 8 Blocked everything and never caught on the backfoot, fast becoming Mr Consitency.

Noone- 7 Still adjusting, Looks good, his step-overs don't seem too effective but has an eye to turn on players, looks a good buy.

Bennett-3 How is this man keeping Gary Hart on the bench!!?? It's about time someone told Gus he is bleeding usless! deflected goal was another typical lucky Bennett goal whilst his assist was clearly a shot! Not good enough. The conference beckons for Bennett I'm afraid

Sparrow- 6 Not his best game, looks busy but I dont feel he's as good as dicker.

Bridcutt- 7 hungry for the ball, some nice neat passing, didn't spray he ball as much but still showed fight and a good amount of involvment.

Murray- 7 decent performance by Murrays current standards, linked up well with Woods but didn't really ever find himself in too many scoring opurtunities

Wood- 9 The guy has convinced me. Seems to have a telepathic partnership with Murray on the go. Positional sense was top class and his Strength is a reall asset.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People are seriously calling Ankergren's kicking and distribution good? It was good in the second half, but was all over the shop in the first. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he needed to get used to the conditions (pitch was a bit bobbly, and strong winds) rather than really criticise him for it, but for people to praise it so highly is bemusing. He also seemed to get harried by the pressure from Peterborough, but he wasn't alone in that, especially in the last 3rd of the game. Some great saves at key moments for which he deserves praise, his distribution and kicking was 'poor' first half, 'good' in the second (mostly on the basis he was kicking against the wind and still got some distance, mostly), merely 'ok' overall.

Defensively we were sound, overall. More confident in the first half, but in the second the pressure from Peterborough definitely got to us. Too often late on we were just randomly smashing it clear in a panic and simply giving the ball away and inviting them right back at us.

Attacking was a little hit and miss. We had some great chances, most of them falling to wood, who seemed to stumble with the easier chances. Noone was a weird one - he seemed to be stood out wide, calling for the ball a lot and not getting it, so didn't have a great direct impact on the game. When he got the ball he showed some great touches, particularly when taking the ball out of the air, and made some positive runs and seemed to be able to see his options, but considering he wasn't overly involved, we really seemed to collapse when he went off. We lost our shape and that's when Peterborough started to exert the sort of pressure that we struggled to handle.

That third goal was key, without it today would have been a different story.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thanks for that Acker79. Sounds as if we mght be lucky to get the points we still need to avoid relegation.

Didn't expect everyone to eulogise, especially as we had a poor last 30 minutes, but didn't realise we were that bad

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Attilla -10 for self-promoting his crap song at the end

Bennett.......Richard Tiltman, blindfolded and with one leg in plaster could do a better job than him. Why on earth anyone would want to buy him is beyond me.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just reading the scores, how did people give Murray such low scores? He was outstanding today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here