Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Palace

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We lost it in midfield, dicker and harley were woeful

I agree with that and Dunk went out of his way to prove he's not worth a big money move. We had no hold on midfield after about 20 mins and every time we got the ball just gave it back to them with a misplaced pass. We'll learn from that though and will definitely get better. We're desperate for the international break though.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
Reading a few of the Vicente ratings, I don't know what Brighton fans were expecting from him for his fist minutes with a new team.

- He has not played a full match since 16th January.
- Until the Liverpool match, he had played around 120 minutes (in 3 games in Jan, March and May).
- Until the Liverpool match, he had not played a single minute since 15th May.
- He didn't have a preseason at all.

I think he did well against Liverpool, having in mind all of the above and that those were his first minutes playing with new teammates. It's obvious that he will need to adapt to the characteristics of his new teammates, since he was used to interact with players like Villa, Silva, Joaquín, Mata, Pablo, ... players that knew each other very well and had a great understanding of each others style having played together for years. Their movements in attack were almost automatic and they knew where to pass the ball to the other even without having to look where the other was.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reading a few of the Vicente ratings, I don't know what Brighton fans were expecting from him for his fist minutes with a new team.

- He has not played a full match since 16th January.
- Until the Liverpool match, he had played around 120 minutes (in 3 games in Jan, March and May).
- Until the Liverpool match, he had not played a single minute since 15th May.
- He didn't have a preseason at all.

I think he did well against Liverpool, having in mind all of the above and that those were his first minutes playing with new teammates. It's obvious that he will need to adapt to the characteristics of his new teammates, since he was used to interact with players like Villa, Silva, Joaquín, Mata, Pablo, ... players that knew each other very well and had a great understanding of each others style having played together for years. Their movements in attack were almost automatic and they knew where to pass the ball to the other even without having to look where the other was.

I don't think you should be concerned about the ratings for Vicente. It is not reflective of what fans think of him as a player or their expectations for hi,. It was partly a bad performance all round, and it was, as I say in my ratings, the wrong match to bring him on in (partly for the reasons you say, with his lack of match time). We weren't playing our usual game, we were scrappy and lacking fire and he had no chance of standing out or doing anything about it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Palace ratings (15 ratings)

Noone 6.67
Bridcutt 6.60
Taricco 5.53
Mackail-Smith 5.20
Dunk 5.13
Greer 5.07
Painter 4.60
Ankergren 4.14
Dicker 4.07
Harley 4.00
Barnes 3.87

Subs (13 ratings)
Vicente 5.15
Vincelot 5.13
Lualua 5.00

I don't normally comment, but having followed these ratings for the past two seasons, I think it's clear there is a bias against barnes, with him getting lower marks than his performances deserve. No way was he the worst player on the pitch on Tuesday. He was winning free kicks to break up attacks, and give us a chance to push up into their half, he prevented an almost certain goal when the defence had left a palace player unmarked on the far post. I think in recent games he's been a victim of the role Gus wants him to play covering the defence when we don't have the ball, since people don't see him doing the forwards part of his role, they ignore the defensive part of his role.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Palace ratings (15 ratings)
I don't normally comment, but having followed these ratings for the past two seasons, I think it's clear there is a bias against barnes, with him getting lower marks than his performances deserve. No way was he the worst player on the pitch on Tuesday. He was winning free kicks to break up attacks, and give us a chance to push up into their half, he prevented an almost certain goal when the defence had left a palace player unmarked on the far post. I think in recent games he's been a victim of the role Gus wants him to play covering the defence when we don't have the ball, since people don't see him doing the forwards part of his role, they ignore the defensive part of his role.

agree with this.....

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Fact is, if we all listened to NSC...

Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us
Painter is way too slow
Calderon is a shadow of the player who first joined
Lua Lua isnt the same player either
Dicker loses the ball too often
Navarro is too fat
Greer is a red card waiting to happen
Buckley is injury prone
Hoskins will never be fit
CMS just runs about
Sparrow is a waste of space
Ankergren is a very dodgy keeper

Makes you wonder how we ever got to 5th in the Championship really doesnt it? Oh, now I am just waiting for the only players who seem to be immune to get slated...
"Dunk believes his own hype"
"Noone has let the Scouse game go to his head"
"Vicente will never be the same after those injuries"
"Vincelot is a jack of all trades and master of none"
"Bridcutt can't do it all on his own"

Ok, Bridcutt may never be slated...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Arguably the worst since Gus took over. Definitely the worst since the beginning of last season (Leyton Orient away aside maybe).

Inicdentally, the low marks for Barnes are unjustified. He was frozen out of the game by a midfield that had no desire to be imaginative and a full-back who had no desire to bomb forward. He was almost always available, but was isolated and rejected. If he gets low marks, it's because of his team-mates.

Painter was shit, Dicker was stupid, and Harley was ineffective.

Apart from that, I had a cracking time.

It was a lot better than MK Dons away last March.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Fact is, if we all listened to NSC...

Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us
Painter is way too slow
Calderon is a shadow of the player who first joined
Lua Lua isnt the same player either
Dicker loses the ball too often
Navarro is too fat
Greer is a red card waiting to happen
Buckley is injury prone
Hoskins will never be fit
CMS just runs about
Sparrow is a waste of space
Ankergren is a very dodgy keeper

Makes you wonder how we ever got to 5th in the Championship really doesnt it? Oh, now I am just waiting for the only players who seem to be immune to get slated...
"Dunk believes his own hype"
"Noone has let the Scouse game go to his head"
"Vicente will never be the same after those injuries"
"Vincelot is a jack of all trades and master of none"
"Bridcutt can't do it all on his own"

Ok, Bridcutt may never be slated...

Good post :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here