Veltman 7 -- so solid this season, nicked the ball impressively several times
JPvH 7 -- kept things tight, good on the ball
Dunk 6 -- generally solid
Hinshelwood 6 -- intelligent positioning and use of the ball
Baleba 8.5 MotM -- outrageous talent
Ayari 7 -- kept things ticking, some good creativity
Minteh 5 -- pressing is something else, final ball poor
Rutter 6 -- inventive, finishing in line with the feedback from Leeds
Mitoma 5 -- some good stuff, but poor decision-making, especially the treble first half effort and, even more so, that tame shot at the keeper when Welbeck was in acres of space on the penalty spot
Welbeck 6 -- intelligent making of space, touches didn't quite work out, impressive work rate

Subs: think FH made all the right decisions on this one, but none of them did much -- all 5

Some stunning play in there today, but final ball, crossing, decision-making and finishing way below par.
Pretty much spot on. Only thing I’d change is 9 for Baleba.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Bart - 6 - nothing to do
Veltman - 7
Hinshelwood - 6
JPvH - 7
Dunk - 6
Ayari - 7
Baleba - 9 - miles ahead of anyone else
Minteh - 5
Mitoma - 5
Rutter - 6
Welbeck - 6

Enciso - 5 - tried hard
Ferdi - 5 - disappointing
Adingra - 5 - left Veltman exposed

Frustrating, a few of ours looked lacking in match practice.

Ipswich were very poor

Stumpy Tim

Really should have been a couple up at half-time, but didn't look like scoring in the second

Bart - 6 -
Veltman - 7
Hinshelwood - 6
JPvH - 8
Dunk - 6
Ayari - 7.5
Baleba - 9 - absolute beast. By far the best player on the pitch
Minteh - 5
Mitoma - 5.5
Rutter - 6
Welbeck - 7

Enciso - 5 - still tries to do everything himself
Ferdi - 5.5 -
Adingra - 5 -

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have always assumed these mark/score/ratings are “out of 10“ i.e. a ten point scale. What do others think?
True. But this is different to scoring someone, or something, “out of ten”

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Verbruggen 7 - did what he should

Veltman 7 - defensively strong as usual but he's not saving our right side attack if the winger has a bad day
van Hecke 7 - strong and solid but didn't find that many opening passes today
Dunk 4 - don't care about the free kick but I do care about his poor body language and limited effort in the game. Unacceptable and I hope he got to hear it.
Hinshelwood 7 - had a good game and we definitely got worse without him

Baleba 9 - one of his best games so far, dominant in midfield Bissouma style.
Ayari 8 - he was really good today and behind most of our attacks. Unfortunately it sucks to be a playmaker when your wingers have a shit day.
Georginio 7 - had a decent game and definitely got a lot of skill but same for him as for Ayari

Minteh 3 - several awful dribbles and unprovoked mistakes, very poor. Hard work saves him from a lower grade.
Welbeck 6 - he was alright and worked his arse off but didn't get too much out of it today
Mitoma 3 - almost as bad as Minteh, looked far from his best straight from kickoff

Ferdi 5 - looked very nervous and made some dangerous mistakes but also showed a little bit of why we signed him, he has a very nice technical foundation and looks pacy as well
Enciso 5 - wandered around in no mans land
Adingra 6 - tried to be a bit more direct than Minteh/Mitoma but didn't achieve much today

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So is Hinshelwood our first choice left back? Last season I was under the impression he was a midfielder being played out of position at right back before his injury, but thought he was playing there out of necessity and that once Veltman/Lamptey were fit, he'd go back into midfield.

Seems we now have adequate others for the full back positions. Estupinian, Kadioglu, Veltman, Lamptey etc...but we are still starting Hinshelwood at LB. Is he that good that we need to shoehorn him in to the starting line up wherever we can, or is it just that he's now a full back plain and simple, and we are unlikely to see him in midfield any more?

Thoughts?
He is a right footed player who is playing on the left side , so whenever he gets the ball , rather than looking down the line , he his always going inside and across the pitch , and never overlaps with Mitoma , we are missing Pervis

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From the tv

Bart - 7 didn’t have to do much but had everything calmly covered.
Veltman - 7 back to his usual consistent self. He’s such a joy to watch.
Hinshelwood - 6 okay but can’t see him in this role when Perv and Ferdi are fully recovered.
JPvH - 8 I have said it before, and I’ll say it again, future Brighton captain.
Dunk - 6 okay but I’m starting to think hes only got one or two more seasons left in him.
Ayari - 8 I like him and thought he did well.
Baleba - 9 - Fantastic performance
Minteh - 5.5 average and frustrating
Mitoma - 5.5 average. was he off his game or did the Ipswich fullback have the better of him?
Rutter - 8 looked good and not afraid to shoot.
Welbeck - 6 below his usual standard

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Verbruggen: 6 - With no high press from Ipswich as well as an absence of shots, he was a spectator. No cristism, I just can award him a good score for good play.
Hinshelwood: 6 - He did ok in the inverted left back role. Nothing spectacular and no clangers, just expert positioning.
Dunk: 4 - Perhaps he should get a 6 but two things really annoyed me. Pulling rank on a free kick which got nowhere near clearing the wall and losing around half a dozen aerial battles to players shorter than him. Looks a month behind Van Hecke in terms of fitness and form.
Van Hecke: 7 - Did everything he needed to pretty well. He has been our best centre back this season and may require a new partner if the captain does not find some form.
Veltman: 6 - He was effective in nullifying Leif Davis, the chap who got the most assists in the Championship last season. But, made very little impact in an attacking sense against a low block where full backs can make the difference.
Baleba: 8 - A colossus in midfield. He is still some way off his potential but can now get MotM awards with some ease.
Ayari: 6 - I didn’t notice him that much but though he was tidy.
Rutter: 6 - Not a bad as some might think but his shooting is not up to much.
Mitoma: 5 - He seemed to be a bit down on speed today. A few nice dribbles but his shooting and crossing was very ineffective to say the least. Adingra must be close to getting a nod against Forest after that.
Minteh: 6 - March will walk straight back into the right wing role when he is fit. That is, unless Gruda can stop him. Minteh can’t. He’ll be an absolute star in the future but this season should be about brilliant cameos at right wing, not about being our first choice pick. His tracking back was class but he is meant to threaten the opposition with decent dribbles, assists and shots also. He didn’t.
Welbeck: 5 - His role is obviously to create space for other players whilst pulling defenders out of position. He did an ok job of this but rarely looked threatening in an attacking scenario.

Enciso: 5 - He just looked off the pace. Too many long flights this week!
Adingra: 6 - I though he offered more than the other subs but that wasn’t saying much.
Kadıoğlu: 4 - His first appearance in the Premier League. He wasn’t ready. I suspect he will be next time.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Baleba was outstanding. He absolutely owned Kalvin Philips throughout, one time he just turned Philips with ease, who then ended up on his backside

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I actually thought Mitoma was our best player in the second half, he was at last trying to take on his opponents after being strangely tentative for much of the game earlier and I was quite relieved that the old pace still seemed to be there. None of our subs were that effective so it’s balancing out for Fab

I agree that just as it’s hard to give any kind of mark to a player who comes on for 5 minutes at the end - it’s almost impossible to give a mark for Bart, total spectator

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I agree that just as it’s hard to give any kind of mark to a player who comes on for 5 minutes at the end - it’s almost impossible to give a mark for Bart, total spectator
Partially agree but he succeeded with 33/34 passes. Not that he tried many spectacular ones but its still good numbers. Only need to really f*** up once and the whole "total spectator" goes out the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here