Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Cardiff

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hmm.....when did Poyet com on?

What did Noone do to make him worth more than the other 2 subs?

Well I didn't see him com but I watched his team and tactics especially 1st half not work. And Noone showed guile in the few minutes he was on than the rest of the front line did all night. Reason Buckley didn't get higher was at times he might as have been sitting in the front row because no bugger passed to him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well I didn't see him com but I watched his team and tactics especially 1st half not work. And Noone showed guile in the few minutes he was on than the rest of the front line did all night. Reason Buckley didn't get higher was at times he might as have been sitting in the front row because no bugger passed to him.

O ok.....only it's players ratings so I was a tad confused....I thought the ball tht Buckley did get he used well...well at least as good as Noone...although u might have given Noone extra for an assist....Vokes impressed me and was in the right place to poach tht equaliser

Personally I think your marks are a tad harsh and don't give enough credit to the opposition ..but hey ho

Jul 20, 2003
now that I've finally been to a game this season

El Abd and Barnes good games

Mattock did some good stuff for a while

Navarro, Bridcutt and Greer put in a shift

Assulin looked good in the first half

Subs did well

don't know what the f*** that free kick at the end was about

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
now that I've finally been to a game this season

El Abd and Barnes good games

Mattock did some good stuff for a while

Navarro, Bridcutt and Greer put in a shift

Assulin looked good in the first half

Subs did well

don't know what the f*** that free kick at the end was about
Lol did u c Poyets reaction to tht free kick cock up...Classic

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Gk Brezovan 6
RB Reyes 5
Lb Mattock 7
Cb Greer 6
Cb El Abd 8
Cm Navarro 6.5
Cm Bridcutt 6.5
Cm Razzak 6.5
Lm Barnes 8
Rm Assaulin 6.5
Str CMS 5.5

Noone 7
Vokes 6.5
Buckley 6.5

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Brezovan - 7. His kicking and distrubution is very very good now, made one mistake with a weak punch so will be slaughtered by all. Best keeper we have at the club and for me it's no coincidence that our shakey form has stopped since he replaced Casper.

Jara Reyes - 6 Much better in the second half after a poor first half.

Greer - 7.5 Quality player. Very composed. Leads well.

Adam El-Abd - 7.5 Equally good defensive display and always rattles the opposition strikers.

Mattock - 6 Thought he did OK.

Navarro - 7.5 Our best CM last night.

Bridcutt - 6.5 Did OK.

Razak - 7 Played well, everybody needs to give him a chance, he is 18 FFS, he won't always be as good as he was against Ipswich or he'd be starting for Man City!

Assulin - 7 Tidy.

Barnes - 9 Comittment, passion and a goal! Grab the game by the scruff of the neck second half. Brilliantly taken goal. Great assist. Deserved a second goal with great technique to produce a crisp volley which was well saved. Best Striker we have, but it's a shame that there are so many stupid idiots who sit near me who slag him off, seriously making me wonder about renewing my ST next year.

CMS - 5.5 Unfortunately we looked better without him.

Subs:

Noone - 7.5 Looked very effective when he came on. Attacked the full back and showed some quality.

Buckley - 7 Effective as ever, the pace we were missing first half.

Vokes - 7 Battled really well! Deserved his goal.

For Saturday i'd like to see either;

A)

Brezovan
Reyes Greer El-Abd Mattock
Bridcutt Razak Navarro
Buckley Barnes Noone​

B)

Brezovan
Reyes Greer El-Abd Mattock
Buckley Bridcutt Navarro Noone
Vokes Barnes​

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brezovan - 6 - Made some decent stops, poor punch for the second goal although 9/10 he would've got away with that.

Jara Reyes - 5 Worse game he has had for us, poor distribution and defending.

Greer - 7 - Just keeps getting better.

AEA - 8 Goes to ground a little too easy sometimes but excellent last night.

Mattock - 6 Average, offered very little going forward, could've done better on the 1st goal.

Navarro - 7 Limited but did the holding role very well indeed, not sure we needed two holding midfielders at home though.

Bridcutt - 5. Poor when matched against his previous high standards, seemed to slow down play too much, when played further forward.

Razak - 5 The old flash of class, but looked a bit leggy may need a rest for a game or two.

Assulin - 5 Thought he flattered to deceive 1st half, clearly got ability but drifted in field too much and needs to learn when to just move the ball on. Needs games but can we provide them at so important a point in the season. Back to the bench for me.

Barnes - 8 Again as so many have said, I would've taken him off instead of CMS, Gus was right though! Good finish, excellent assist and could even have scored another.

CMS - 6 What to do about CMS? He does not fit in with the way we are currently playing, he can't hold the ball up and does not get passes into channels that he thrives on. You cannot fault his effort but I do wonder if Gus will move him on in the summer if a big offer came in. Unlucky to be subbed but no real threat, but no real service either to be fair.

Noone - 8 The difference for me. 1st half we played in front of Cardiff, once Noone came on, we had someone who could beat a man and make things happen. Great cross for the 1st goal.

Buckley - 7 Caused problems, looked a threat.

Vokes - 7 Gave us a focal point to the attack that we had lacked, did all that could've been asked of him. We looked better balanced with Vokes in the side...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan 6

Jara Reyes 5
Greer 6
El Abd 7
Mattock 6

Assulin 6
Bridcutt 6
Razak 6
Navarro 6
Barnes 6

Mackail-Smith 5

Vokes 6
Noone 6
Buckley 6

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but if that's the case why are we so bad at defending corners and free-kicks?

Because they are only two of the 9 players who generally defend corners? They can't mark everyone.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Greer and El-Abd is the best centre back partnership I have ever seen in the stripes.[/QUOTE]

Stevie Foster and Gary Stevens weren't too bad on their day. Fossie and Lawro had the occasional good match too! If Greer and El-Abd develop to anywhere near that quality we'll be very blessed.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Brez 5
Jara Reyes 6
Mattock 6
Greer 7
El Abd 8
Razaq 6
Bridcutt 6
Navarro 6.5
Assulin 6
Barnes 7
CMS 6.5

Noone 8
Buckley 7
Vokes 6.5

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
brez 7
reyes 6.5
El abd 7.5
Greer 7
Mattock 6.5
Razak 7
Assulin 6.5
Bridcutt 7
Navarro 7.5
Barnes 6.5
CMS 6.5
Noone 7
Buckley 7
Vokes 6.5
So no one on our team was worse than Barnes, and 8 players were better than him :rolleyes:

Madness I tell thee, madness.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Well you lot were watching a different Assulin to me. I thought he did nothing - he has ability (obviously!) and will get much better than that, but last night he was poor.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So no one on our team was worse than Barnes, and 8 players were better than him :rolleyes:

Madness I tell thee, madness.

I didn't think he had a bad game. I can't tell if you're deliberately twisting the figures to make a humorous point that's gone over my head, or if you are actually being so... almost hyper-sensitive. He got the same rating as 5 other players, 6 team mates only got half a point more. There isn't a great deal of difference in player ratings. I thought our performance was a decent effort against an organised, and efficient counter attacking side, and that the whole team performance lacked a bit of bite. He was largely anonymous until the substitutions.

If you're using me to make a point against barnes haters jut ask mr burns, I'm not one of them. If you're making a humorous point I think it needs more signposting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poyet got the tactics wrong. Again playing the wrong formation at home. Watching us so called probing away 1st first, was in fact too slow, not wide enough, lacked ambition and was very boring.
I disagree. We didn't look dangerous in the first half, but we still looked the more likely to score. Overall, we had 15 shots to their 6, and it looked that way too, and against a good side like Cardiff, scoring 2 is good and should also be enough. Whittingham's goal was a fluke, and we were the better team, so the tactics didn't seem wrong to me.
Thought the ref was immense.
First half I thought he was good, but Cardiff made several fouls in the second half that he ignored (basically players climbing over our players when we had the ball).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't tell if you're deliberately twisting the figures to make a humorous point that's gone over my head, or if you are actually being so... almost hyper-sensitive.
If it's one of those two, it's the latter.
If you're using me to make a point against barnes haters jut ask mr burns, I'm not one of them.
Yes I am. You may not be one of them, maybe the disease is spreading. I don't understand how someone so influential in our goals, and also with at lease 1 other shot on target that required a decent save, can be rated worse than the rest of the team (even if only by half a point).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it's one of those two, it's the latter.
Yes I am. You may not be one of them, maybe the disease is spreading. I don't understand how someone so influential in our goals, and also with at lease 1 other shot on target that required a decent save, can be rated worse than the rest of the team (even if only by half a point).

I rated him higher than you did! Only one other posters has rated him as low as you in this thread.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here