Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Yeovil Town Football Club

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I believe that with a more stricter ref he could have received a red for leading with his elbow for the first yellow clumsy yes but he lead with his arm/elbow, whether he caught the player or not is immaterial.

The 2nd, being already ona yellow was a reckless challenge the fact he missed Jones and Jones madea meal of it is again immaterial.

Kuipers had very few shots to save and made 2 good interception and let one shot into the net so I think 6 was a justified mark.

sorry - removed the Kuipers quote before your next post.

have to disagree about 2nd card - not immaterial that Jones feigned an injury because it convinced the ref it was dangerous, in fact Joe pulled his foot away in plenty of time. the lino should have seen this, told the ref and Jones would have been carded.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree about the lino as I think that he was weak; when asked by the ref about pulling down Forster. I think that was a bad decision and should have been a red as Forster would have shot the ball into an empty net had he evaded the goalie.

I still think that the 2nd challenge was a stupid one knowing he was already on a yellow. Yes Jones made a meal of it and conned the ref but it was still a stupid challenge to make in the circumstances.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Disagree with the low marks being given for Virgo on here.
Yes he was out of position and ok he didn't exactly have a blinder but what he did do was get stuck in and give the midfield some bite. Something that was sadly lacking from the midfield against Scunthorpe.
I think he would be fine in midfield with a ball playing creative player alongside him (if only!!!)

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
have to disagree about 2nd card - not immaterial that Jones feigned an injury because it convinced the ref it was dangerous, in fact Joe pulled his foot away in plenty of time. the lino should have seen this, told the ref and Jones would have been carded.

Is the 100% correct answer :thumbsup:

I was sat with one of the best views of the incident.

Joe pulled his foot out of any challenge WAY before his foot being anywhere near Jones' face! In fact I would say his foot didn't even come up to Jones' waist.

Jones then sold it to the ref who didn't have the best view of the incident, but the lino did. It was the lino who got it wrong and gave a foul, it was the lino's fault seeing as he was barely a YARD away from the incident. It was a poor, poor decision by anyones standards. The FA seriously need to look at some of their officials because that particular incident was a piss-take to all the fans who travelled from Brighton to Yeovil to see the team. The lino either blinked at the vital moment, or he was really swayed by the home support of the Yeovil fans. Either way it was never a foul let alone a yellow card offence.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Virgo would work a treat alongside someone in the Carpenter mould.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here