Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Yeovil Town Football Club

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Very pleased to see you've given Whing top marks.

He seems much improved to me this season from what I've seen so far. I'm glad as he's wound me up in the past with too much hoofing.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Michel 6 - literally nothing to do.

Whing 8 - Our MOM outstanding in our solid looking back four

Elphick 8 - good defending and less hoofing than usual

Colin 7 - Played well

Richards 7 - Got up and down the line well

Cox 2 - only in the side due to injuries IMO

Virgo 5 - Battled till the end

Thomson 6 - solid

Anyinsah 6 - unlucky to be sent off and although it was only glimpses looked good on the ball

Forster 7 - tireless and led the line well

Murray 6 - worked hard

Subs:

Hart 3 - Didn't contribute

Fraser 3 - Did neither anything wrong or right, game passed him by a little

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Michel 6 - Didn't have a lot to do. But make a few correct decisions to come out a clear the ball.

Whing 8 - Looked a bit out of after clashing heads with Michel, but boy did he make up for it!
Elphick 8 - Thought he looked class today, one half of a brick wall for most of the game.
Colin 8 - Second half of said brick wall, and was equally as good as Elphick if not better!
Richards 7 - The weakest of the back four today, but they all played well so that's not a put down!

Cox 5 - Poor today, no creativity, no drive to run at defenders, no end product!
Virgo 5 - Looks out of place, chased shadows for a lot of the game and lost the ball too much in the centre of the park.
Thomson 6 - Good effort today. Just a shame he hasn't purchased a pair of shooting boots yet!
Anyinsah 6 - I thought he showed flashes of potential, and he showed people for pace a few times. Should NEVER have been sent off!

Forster 8 - So much effort for the cause. Great penalty and his passion showed through his celebration.
Murray 7 - I hope he shut a few people up today, including myself! I though he worked really hard and played well.

Subs:

Hart 4 - Poor sub by MA. But even so I don't know what he has to offer the first team this year?
Fraser 5 - Brighter than Hart including a nice burst into the box and he closed people down well. We needed that at that point in the game.

Overall: A good team performance on a difficult away-day. I thought we looked really good in the second half until Anyinsah was wrongly sent off. The defence was a particular joy to watch today, it was just a shame they couldn't hold out for a clean sheet and ultimately a win.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Michel - 6

Whing - 8

Elphick - 8

Col - 8

Richards - 6

Cox - 0

Virgo - 5

Thomson - 7

Anyinsah - 5

Forster - 6

Murray - 5

Subs:

Hart - 0

Fraser - 2

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Whingy is class. He is one player who you know will ALWAYS play for the shirt, we could do with a few more like him in the squad!

Whing is also an ANIMAL. If there's a scrap to be had, he's in there. I think every team needs a bit of that.

Are these in reply to my post? Or just general commenting?

On both points I agree with, but I don't agree that he has been great all season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 6 Nothing much to do
Whing 7 Best game this season
Elphick 7 Slow first half but good 2nd
Hawkins 8 Good all round steady performance
Richards 6 Quietly efficient
Cox 4 Poor
Virgo 4 Poor playing out of position and looks lost
Thompson 6 Efficient kept working
Anyinsah 5 Showed odd touches but deserved the red card for 2 clumsy challenges, Not sure whether he is the answer to our problems, will need to see him a bit more.
Murray 6 Kept chasing a lost cause with no servioce
Forster 6 Same as Murray.

Subs:

Hart 4 Poinless sub did nothing and achieved nothing caused their defence no problems and it relieved the pressure that we had put on them.
Fraser 4 Lost on left of midfield should have been moved over to the right when Forster went off and Murray lefty up front.

The management team 3 Very poor seem to be losing their way with substitutions and are not sure of how to rectify a situation.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Kuipers - 5/6 - Average with not much to do.

Whing - 7 - He's not been playing too well in the last few games, did well yesterday.

Hawkins - 8 - Man of the match.

Elphick - 7 - Got caught out a couple of times in the first half, was good in the second half.

Richards - 6 - Good defending but sometimes looks shaky.

Cox - 2 - Terrible, do not know why Adams persists with playing him.

Virgo - 4 - Good through ball (for Forster/Thomson?) in the second half, does try hard and give his all but NOT a central midfielder.

Thomson - 6 - Works hard and does go un-noticed .

Anyinsah - 5 - Didn't look fit to me, I thought he did alright yesterday, don't think he is what we need, but cannot judge after one game.

Forster - 7 - A lot of running, had a good game.

Murray - 7 - I think he tried really hard but doesn't get the praise he deserves.

Fraser - 2 - Why?

Hart - :thud:

Last edited:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Michel 6 - not very busy

Whing 7 - tackled hard, passed and played well throughout

Elphick 7 - looked solid

Colin 8 - Looked well up for it, cleared his lines really well

Richards 6 - Did fine, struggles positionally sometimes

Cox 2 - Can't cross, can't pass, can't beat people. Otherwise fine.

Virgo 6 - Got stuck in and broke things up but really not a CM

Thomson 6 - A bit lightweight but did ok, one of his better performances

Anyinsah 5 - Sending off was a harsh but did ok. Has some pace and ability

Forster 7 - Was a major problem for Yeovil, when his game ended, so did ours

Murray 7 - Got stuck in, worked his socks off and looked good in possession.

Subs:

Hart 1 - Did absolutely nothing (1 point for running around)

Fraser 2 - Plenty of effort but didn't really get involved. Never going to make a difference.

Adams 4 - was unlucky with sending off and defence looked much improved and better organised but taking Forster off, playing Murray on the wing, and bringing Hart and Fraser on probably cost us 2 pts.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyinsah 5 Showed odd touches but deserved the red card for 2 clumsy challenges,

a bit harsh when both challenges made no contact and Jones rolled around on the floor holding his face then got up without a mark on him. And yes I had a very good view.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that with a more stricter ref he could have received a red for leading with his elbow for the first yellow clumsy yes but he lead with his arm/elbow, whether he caught the player or not is immaterial.

The 2nd, being already ona yellow was a reckless challenge the fact he missed Jones and Jones madea meal of it is again immaterial.

Kuipers had very few shots to save and made 2 good interception and let one shot into the net so I think 6 was a justified mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here