Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where was thornton?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Maybe he shold have come on for Johnson who looked knackered but I can't disagree with Micky did today.

With Virgo having a mini war with Hughes and both on a yellow card, do you think it may have been advisable to take Virgo off at half time and replace with Elphick?

In other words we all saw a red card coming, did Micky mis-judge it?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
With Virgo having a mini war with Hughes and both on a yellow card, do you think it may have been advisable to take Virgo off at half time and replace with Elphick?

I'm not too sure really. Virgs went in on him a few times but nothing really that bad, well maybe when he followed through on him and he went in to the advertisement hoardings, but there wasn't too many bad tackles going in from Virgs. Elphick didn't play today for whatever reason, but if MA was to have done anything then maybe he should have bought Thornton on and moved El-Abd to centre-half because he looked good there today when he went.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i am still unsure what our strategy is for this season......are we looking to win games at places like oldham, if so then why play el abd in midfield and leave a class midfielder like thornton to get splinters.

or are we happy to scrape points here and there to try and stay up?

if the latter, we might as well send the likes of thornton and johnson home and look for more el abds

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
i am still unsure what our strategy is for this season......are we looking to win games at places like oldham, if so then why play el abd in midfield and leave a class midfielder like thornton to get splinters.

or are we happy to scrape points here and there to try and stay up?

if the latter, we might as well send the likes of thornton and johnson home and look for more el abds

At the minute we are playing to pick up points, and today we did what we set out to do.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall

we were all expecting micky to do that as it was obvious one more challange virgo would go and both were fair yellows,apart from the one rm taylor was on about with lee hughes virgs also raised his hands after a push from chris taylor on him

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Going over the top with my reaction to missing an open goal from 2 yards out because you didn't stick your foot out?

Try telling that to all the Albion fans who were amazed by what happened then.

Also, I must ask, you put that Richards played well, I thought he was the weak link in the defence and felt uncomfortbale when he was on the ball, also didn't really win much against the right-midfielder of Oldham. I used to think he was rather good but now I realise we need someone else in there.
he should have scored no doubt but he didnt but giving him a 3 is ridiculous!
im no richards fan in fact was having a row in the car on the way up saying i wouldnt sign him but i thought he had a good game,in the 1st half he got no support and had to keep clearing up the line due to lack of options

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
he should have scored no doubt but he didnt but giving him a 3 is ridiculous!
im no richards fan in fact was having a row in the car on the way up saying i wouldnt sign him but i thought he had a good game,in the 1st half he got no support and had to keep clearing up the line due to lack of options

Yeah I agree giving him the 3 was rather silly, but just thinking back when I began the thread, it really miffed me off. I'd say he was a 5 probably as he was trying.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
we were all expecting micky to do that as it was obvious one more challange virgo would go and both were fair yellows,apart from the one rm taylor was on about with lee hughes virgs also raised his hands after a push from chris taylor on him

Ahh yes I forgot about the little handbags, well the Oldham player was annoyed about something and tried to get a reaction from Virgs, so he gave him a slight reaction back which the linesman was looking straight at and should have been a yellow to there player.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Ahh yes I forgot about the little handbags, well the Oldham player was annoyed about something and tried to get a reaction from Virgs, so he gave him a slight reaction back which the linesman was looking straight at and should have been a yellow to there player.
yer should have been a yellow for there guy but still all these little incidents that virgs kept getting involved in didnt do him any favours

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here