Whing 7 - strong
Elphick - 8 - cracking goal, did well
El-abd - 7 - not as dominant as Saturday, but again did well
McNulty - 8 - impressive going forward, particularly in first half
Cox - 6 - can't take a set piece...or cross. unlucky with his shooting
Fraser - 6 - reasonably solid
Jarrett - 7 - patchy. CLASS at times, very quiet at others
Birchall - 6 - fairly ordinary
Virgo - 3 - PATHETIC behaviour after a dire performance.
Forster - 5 - good in the first half, anonymous in the second

Carole - 7 - awesome skills and an assist
Davies - 3 - eeyore

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
kuipers 5.5
Whing 5
Mcnaulty 6.5
el abd 6
Elphivk 6.5
Jarrett 8
cox 5
fraser 7
burchill 7
forster 9 mom
virgo 5

subs
davies 6.5
carole 7

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuipers did NOT have a mare, he made 2 outstanding saves, they were absolutely brilliant, he looked a bit dodgy at the goal, but he made up for it. His kicking isn't great, but what do you want? A perfect goalkeeper? His shot stopping makes up for his kicking.

Kuipers 7 (Brilliant saves, but the goal prevents him getting an 8)
Whing 6 (A couple of stunning crosses, but he was anonymous at times in that defence, lucky we didn't get caught out)
Elphick 7 (Great header and solid though not brilliant, though a couple of brilliant pieces of control in tight areas)
El-Abd 7 (Solid, enough said)
McNulty 9 (Absolutely inspirationally good, he is THE man)
Birchall 7 (He was fine, nothing special and a let down slightly)
Jarrett 6 (Neither attacking nor defensive, disappointing)
Fraser 7 (Effective, but offers so little going forward)
Cox 7 (A couple of good crosses, SHOULD have scored first half)
Forster 8 (for effort alone, and the bustling run in the first half!)
Virgo 6 (Got into a fight and then ran off when they both got sent off! Pathetic)

Last edited:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Kuipers- 5- Should have saved the goal, some other good stops though
Whing- 7- Solid, put some good balls into the area
Elphick - 8- Some poor passing and hoofing as usual but well taken goal and solid at the back
El-Abd - 7- Not the biggest El Abd fan but good performance today, dealt with tough challenge today
McNulty - 9- MOM in my opinion, great going forward, comfortable on the ball, looks assured at the back, a cool head in a defence lacking that all season
Cox - 5- Occasionally look dangerous but when Carole came on showed what a average player Cox is
Fraser - 6- Usual hard working, hard grafting performace but simply not good enough
Jarrett - 8- Looks a classy player in midfield, the player that Thompson should have been
Birchall - 7- Thought he did ok but quiet in places, unlucky to be subbed
Virgo - 5- Won the long balls played forward but out of postition and stupid sending off
Forster - 6- Worked hard but annoymous for long periods, some good tricky runs tho

Carole - 8- Looked dangerous and great ball in for the goal, should start on Saturday
Davies - 4- Should have won the game, simple as

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Kuipers 6, did ok, but goal was unfortunate
Whing 7, Good game
Elphick6 , not sure about him although good goal
El Abd 2, donkey not good enough, gave away the goal. just makes to many mistakes
Mcnulty 8, best player on the park
Cox, 5 gave the ball away so many times
Jarrett 7, good game
Fraser 5, did he play ???
Birchill 7, unlucky to be taken off
Virgo, crap up front, crap in midfield, good news he got sent off - 2
Forster 7, again worked hard

Carole 8, changed the game
Davies 8, like him, why did he not start, bad miss though.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
To be honest I think people are being generous tonight. We were just about the better team but the game never really got going and I didn't think any of our players looked anywhere near "up-for-it" enough, it was quite lethargic at times.

Kuipers - 5 - Was the goal his fault?

Whing - 6 - Couple of good crosses
Elphick - 6 - Had a handful with Akinfenwa but dealt quite well, also scored!
El-Abd - 7 - Has really shored up the defence in the last few games
McNulty - 7 - A very classy player

Birchall - 6 - Unlucky to be subbed
Jarrett - 6 - Class at times, but frustratingly not enough time on the ball to shine
Fraser - 6 - Usual Fraser stuff
Cox - 6 - Delivery from set pieces in general needs to be better, but also had a few good chances in the first half

Virgo - 5 - Looked fine but let the team down by getting himself sent off again, the fact that both teams were reduced to 10 men is irrelevant
Forster - 5 - Looked off colour today, few loose touches and not really in the game as much as normal

Carole - 6 - Flattered to deceive, not much in the way of actual end product but he does lift the game when he comes on
Davies - 4 - Had one real thing to do and missed a golden oppurtunity, can't be doing that too often.

To be honest the ratings make it seem ike we played terribly, I thought we were okay but as I said the team never really looked confident or hugely lively, dissapointing after a spirited performane at Millwall.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You cannot only give Kuipers 5, his kicking was shit but his shot stopping MORE than made up for it!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Michel 6 - fantastic game, although he perhaps should have done better with the goal. Still, it's another point he's won us as he made two or three excellent saves.

Whing 6 - solid enough

El Abd 6 - had a spastic five minutes early in the second half, but apart from that he was excellent again (in his proper position) and would have got a 7 had he not lost concentration for a few minutes.

Jarrett 6 - what he does he does very well, he just doesn't do enough of it sometimes

Cox 6 - always involved which I like, but the end product still isn't quite up to scratch. Not bad though.

Could someone PLEASE explain Badger's criteria.... Michel gets a six for being fantastic whilst Whing gets the same mark for just being solid. You're not a very reliable marker CB!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuipers - 6 - Good saves, but unfortunate goal
Whing - 6 - Looked like he was acarrying an injury to wards the end
El Abd - 6 - Worked hard, but needs to tighten up and work on his mobility
Elphick - 6 - Steady, took the goal well, but distibution at times woeful
McNulty - 7 - Pick of the wobbly back 4, good going forward
Fraser - 6 - Started well, at falt for the goal along with Jarrett and Kuipers, guilty of ball watching
Jarrett - 6- Better game - see above. Let the N'ton midfielder run past him for a free shot on the goal
Cox - 5 - Dreadful in the main, but improved maginally when he played infield.
Birchall - 5 - Pretty anonymous.
Virgo - 6 - Out of position, worked hard
Forster - 6 - Worked hard, first touch is shocking

Carole - 7 - Must start
Davies - 6 - Not fit due to illness but tried hard

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Kuipers 5
Whing 6
Elphick 7
El-Abd 6
McNulty 8
Cox 6
Fraser 7
Jarrett 7
Birchall 5
Virgo 4
Forster 6

Carole 6
Davies 4

We did only DRAW at home to Northampton. I am always amazed at the high marks some people give our players.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could someone PLEASE explain Badger's criteria.... Michel gets a six for being fantastic whilst Whing gets the same mark for just being solid. You're not a very reliable marker CB!

More to the point, Kuipers has apparently "won us another point" despite evidently being at fault for the goal we conceded?

How does that work then? I think both our keepers have their faults, but it does seem to me that people are prepared to forgive Michel Kuipers pretty much anything, whereas any other keeper gets nailed for the same error.

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Kuipers 6 Poor for goal but made some great saves
Whing 6 OK
Elphick 7 Solid and well taken goal
El Abd 6 Found out a bit for height in first
McNulty 7 Great going forward/little less assured at back
Birchall 6 Ok
Fraser 7 Improving. Deserves a run I think
Jarrett 7 In and out of game but generally looks good
Cox 6 Should have done better with chance but OK
Forster 7 Never stopped running
Virgo 5 Out Of Position. OK maybe to play him up front when we are away and playing defensive but not at home. Davies was unfit though so maybe we had no choice

Carole 6 terrific player to have coming off the bench. Great going forward but rubbish defensivey
Davies 5 Not a donkey as some are saying. Good feet and I think will do well for us. Very poor miss though.

White etc 5 Brought on the subs earlier than Adams would have which was good but took the wrong players off.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Kuipers 6 - poor for goal but had a blinder against millwall so will forgive him
Whing 4 - toilet, I like him but when he hides from the ball he is poor, terrible first touches and distribution
Elphick 4 - Needs to learn how to defend again, how the hell was he MoM
El Abd 6 - Defensively ok
McNulty 8 - Quality on the ball, run out of fitness, MoM
Birchall 5 - Incredibly average
Fraser 5 - Please send him to Blue Square club asap, so far off the pace
Jarrett 6 - Off the pace first half but better in the 2nd
Cox 6 - Did ok in the free roll
Forster 6 - average
Virgo 4 - Let's hope he is suspended

Carole 7 - One of the few players that I would pay to watch
Davies 7 - Poor miss but he know's how to shield the ball and hold play up

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
kuipers 5 goal looked stoppable from tthe North stand
Whing 5 needs confidence gave the ball away alot
Mcnaulty 8 best player on park - rarely gave the ball away
el abd 6 did well against the taller constantine and gave the big no 10 something to think about
Elphivk 6.5 improved after he scored
Jarrett 7 got invoved and passed well
cox 6 faded in second half
fraser 7 played well should not have been subbed
burchill 7 as above
forster 7 ran his socks off in 1st half, but tired in 2nd and when Burchill went off did not see as much of the ball
virgo 4 this man is not a strtiker or a midfielder - good at set pieces but lacks pace and finece, however, seems untouchable under the current regime

subs
davies 6.5 worked hard on right, chased down space and unlucky wuith chance at end
carole 6 good crosser of ball , but needs to meet passes instead of waiting for the ball

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
is it just me or does Kuipers always seem to not make clean contact with the ball when he kicks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here