Silly old bat
Mine

Ankergren - 9 MOM

Calderon - 6
Greer - 9
Dunk - 8
Vincelot - 7

Navarro - 6
Bridcutt - 7 (2nd half so much better than 1st)
Harley - 7

Barnes - 6
Hoskins - 7
MacKail-Smith - 8

I'd go with that and saves me typing.
I'd give El-Abd a 7 for his performance when he came on.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Ankergren- 9- 3 magnificent saves, calm and composed passing out from the back, good to see him back to his best!

Calderon - 6- Thought he was a bit shaky, struggled to deal with Ward (who was their most dangerous player by far)
Greer -9- Guilty of a few misplaced passes at the start of the first half which landed us in trouble, but faultless apart from that
Dunk -8- Similar to Gordon, with a fair few silly balls from the back putting us on the back foot during the first half. However, a crucial clearance off the line, good in the air and composed on the ball, more positives than negatives
Vincelot -8-Really like him. Good on the ball, strong in the tackle, quick, positionally aware. More than happy for him to play left back for the forseeable future

Navarro -7- Thought he played well, won many tackles in the middle and on the whole good distribution
Bridcutt -8- As others have said, uncharacteristically sloppy in the first half. Fantastic in the second half though, broke down so many attacks and read the play brilliantly.
Harley - 7- A bit Jekyll and Hide: some inch perfect passes and tidy play mixed in with some strange corners and at times unnecessarily lazy and sloppy through balls. Overall, his pros outweighed his cons, although I do understand why people get frustrated with him

Barnes -6- He's not a wide player so difficult when he's asked to play on the right hand side, but still can't really remember him doing anything. Tracked back well
Hoskins -8- Great return. Looked dangerous with the ball at his feet, unlucky with a good effort in the first half although had more time than he thought when following up CMS' header. Hope Gus continues to start him
Mackail-Smith -9- MOM for me. Tireless running, superb touch (that flick from the edge of the box into Vincelot's path was wonderful) and an absolute belter of a finish. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes on a scoring run now

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Ankergren- 9- A few fantastic saves and his distribution was good
Calderon - 6- Ward had his number, but I think he will have most right back's number this season to be fair... Jara or El Abd for Saturday as he is banned?
Greer -8- Solid apart from some woeful passing at the start
Dunk -8- Quality last ditch defending
Vincelot -8-Cannot remember him being beaten at all down that side, and excellent in the air - Rocket Boots as my son called him!
Navarro -8- I thought most of our good midfield work came through Navs more than Bridcutt for once
Bridcutt -7- Not his best game at all, but was good to see that to win we didnt have to rely on him to be outstanding which we have in the past.
Harley - 7- So so weak in the tackle, but then again his passing can be sublime at times...
Barnes -7 - Did very well defensively and got into great positions but no one would pass to him
Hoskins -7- Shocking miss at the end, but apparently he cramped up just beforehand (according to his twitter) - thought his overall contribution was good
Mackail-Smith -9- Wonderful game, scintillating goal and worked so so hard.

El Abd - 8 - Thought he did very well when he came on and was so much of an improvement on Calde, kept Ward fairly quiet and got forward himself!
Noone - 7 - Looked dangerous in bursts

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I would agree with Reinelt12. For Derby it was Ward until AEA came on then he dissapeared.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ankergren- 8 as good a performance as I have seen from Casper. Great to have him back at his best

Calderon - 5 got roasted by Ward but gets an extra point for setting up the goal. Rightly subbed and now gets a suspension for his 5th booking but be fair - he never gave up trying
Greer -9 superb! Put his body on the line. Great vision with his passes. Nearly scored with a good effort over the bar. Greer for Scotland!!
Dunk -7 goal line clearance was worth his salary and lost count of the times he threw himself in the way of crosses and shots but some lazy passing brought pressure back on us
Vincelot -6 not sure about his pace but no doubting his stamina and committment. I doubt he would have fared any better against Ward (their MOM) but he was lucky to be on the other wing. Had a good game

Navarro -6 helps Bridcutt and keeps us much tighter in central midfield. Was needed last night Good game.
Bridcutt -6 threatened to undo all his good work with some awful passes especially in the first half when nothing seemed to go to his own man. Not at his best
Harley - 6 his best performance yet in terms of visible committment but mixed suicide passes with inch perfect precision a little too often to earn plaudits.
Barnes -5 worked away spoiling and tracking back but not able to pose any threat going forward
Hoskins -6 shows promise as a partner for CMS and how we need it! Missed two goood chances but lacks match sharpness so no complaints. Just hope that when he came off it was because he was knackered rather than injured. Great to see him in the starting line-up.
Mackail-Smith - 8 great non stop running as always and took the goal brilliantly. Unlucky not to double it late on.

subs:
elAbd -6 great to see him back but not so sure about the eulogies. He looked slow to turn and his timing wasn't as good as when he is match fit but what to expect after so long out! Little short of heroic in the circumstances but no way I would risk him for 90 minutes
Noone -7 good decision to put him on the bench to keep him fresh and when he came on he buzzed about and made a nuisance of himself to help ease the pressure.
Paynter -6 not on very long. His physical presence was useful late on and he did nothing wrong

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Derby average ratings (8 votes)

Ankergren 8.63
Greer 8.63

Mackail-Smith 8.50
Dunk 7.88
Vincelot 7.25
Bridcutt 7.00
Hoskins 7.00
Harley 6.75
Navarro 6.75
Barnes 5.88
Calderon 5.63

Subs

El-Abd 7.17 (6 votes)
Noone 6.60 (5 votes)
Paynter 6.00 (2 votes)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With the, almost traditional post-average additions, the new averages are:

Derby average ratings (9 votes)

Ankergren 8.67
Greer 8.56
Mackail-Smith 8.33
Dunk 7.78
Vincelot 7.22
Bridcutt 6.89
Hoskins 6.89
Navarro 6.67
Harley 6.56
Barnes 5.88
Calderon 5.67

Subs

El-Abd 7.14 (7 votes)
Noone 6.67 (6 votes)
Paynter 6.00 (3 votes)

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Calderon was consistently bad amongst you (I didn't go), and think he's been out of his depth this season.

Can't wait for Jara's return.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The marks for Vincelot are too high. For me, he can't play left back. He has no left foot at all, and three times when we were under the cosh at the end, he lost the ball by cutting in onto his right, simply because he was unable to play the available simple ball down the line with his left.

Really like RV, just not on the left.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Gus said Calderon has been playing with a bad knee.

If since mid-August, that explains his poor defending (even when we were winning, thanks to Dunk covering his ineptitude) throughout.

Otherwise, just an excuse for now.

A hero last year up to mid-April. Not since.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ankergren 9
Calderon 5
Dunk 8
Greer 8
Vincelot 7
Navarro 7
Harley 7
Bridcutt 7
Hoskins 8