Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Derby at home.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very impressed by Barnes today. Very unimpressed by the dickhead who sits behind me who slagged him off throughout the entire game regardless of his good performance and goal. You really do get some idiots at football matches

guy behind me was stunned into silence on 2 minutes before declaring that even his granny could have scored that one and spending the rest od the match shouting at everyone not to give the ball to Barnes......nice chap in every other respect (apart from being a total prat when it comes to Barnes).

I thought that Bridcutt apart everyone had a quite good games. Bridcutt was outstanding.
I like Lopez - he has good vision - and he and Orlandi are the best strikers of a standing ball in the side. I love Calderon's energy and committment and today we even saw AeA playing tippy tappy - what is the world coming to? Greer was steady but between the two they still lack the ability to dominate in the air and are vulnerable to pace.
Barnes earned his start in the middle ahead of Hoskins even if I would like to have seen Will get a start. The other Will - Buckley - looked in need of game time...... just slightly off the pace.

Derby werent a bad side although we let them into the game when it should have been easily closed out - srory of our season! Would love Connor Sammon in our side as the central hold-up player.... everything we have missed this season. CMS would score goals for fun alongside him.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Bridcutt today was immense,an England (or scotland) international in the making. Also great performances today by Barnes, Orlandi, and Buckley who's collective movement on and off the ball contributed to Brightons best half of football since they moved to the Amex (the 1st half that is).Also Adam El Abd resembled Pique at times,bringing the ball out from the back!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Care to elaborate? Or maybe post some ratings yourself?

I enjoy that last game Casper was getting 6's cause he didnt do much, and then The Big Pole scores 7's and 8's for the same thing.

Liked the 5 for Greer too.

Just amuses me how dfferent people can score the same player performances so differently.

Not minded to post any of my own as cant be arsed.

Didnt mean they were comedy in a bad way, just that they amused me.

Perhaps I should have just shut up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
These are the standard rules we will be using:

10: Out of this world - very rare, exceptional performances only.

9: Excellent - Top-class display, probably the matchwinner.

8: Very Good - Outstanding, very influential.

7: Good - Impressive, eye-catching.

6: Average - No major faults, nothing overly impressive.

5: Below Average - Some faults, out-of-touch.

4: Poor - Many faults, easy to criticise.

On this I would most Albion players down as 6, Lopez at 7 and Bridcutt as 8 MOM. Derby I put down mostly at 5 and the three players taken off at 4. We did not need to be impressive to beat Derby. I enjoyed the game and thought on a good day Buckley and Orlandi and Barnes would have got more goals and then Vicente could have some on. I did not rate any of the Derby players, but I suppose the luck was with Leggins and he was worth a 7. A better referee and 23 O'Brien would have been sent off and that would have completely spoilt the game as a spectacle.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Referee awful. The worst we've had at the Amex. Totally unprofessional in every way: no teamwork with linesmen, guessed at lot of decisions; positioning very poor- a mark of 1 for having the right kit!

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
These are the standard rules we will be using:

10: Out of this world - very rare, exceptional performances only.

9: Excellent - Top-class display, probably the matchwinner.

8: Very Good - Outstanding, very influential.

7: Good - Impressive, eye-catching.

6: Average - No major faults, nothing overly impressive.

5: Below Average - Some faults, out-of-touch.

4: Poor - Many faults, easy to criticise.

On this I would most Albion players down as 6, Lopez at 7 and Bridcutt as 8 MOM. Derby I put down mostly at 5 and the three players taken off at 4. We did not need to be impressive to beat Derby. I enjoyed the game and thought on a good day Buckley and Orlandi and Barnes would have got more goals and then Vicente could have some on. I did not rate any of the Derby players, but I suppose the luck was with Leggins and he was worth a 7. A better referee and 23 O'Brien would have been sent off and that would have completely spoilt the game as a spectacle.

So if 4 is the lowest score, why not mark it out of 7?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hammond- 5 slowed down play too much.

I am glad other people notice this. My big bug bear with him is that when he gets the ball he either plays it straight back to where it came from or pirouettes until he is aware of where other players are and then passes. Both options allow the opposition more time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

5 is a better grading system. Marking out of 10 is always skewed towards the higher grades.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
The stand out players for me were Orlandi,Lopez,Bridcutt and Barnes.
I actually thought that Bridcutt was not as good as his last few games (this it not a critisism he was outstanding against Newcastle)
I would give the above all 8 with LOPEZ as MOM.
Everybody else 7

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Gk Kusczak - 6.5 - Well protected, but commanded his box fairly well.
Rb Calderon - 7.5 Thought he had a very good game, Bruno will have to get back to his early season form to get the RB slot back.
Lb Bridge - 6 Subdued going forward, but defensively pretty good.
Cb - El-Abd 7.5 Very solid game, seems to have put his Watford nightmare behind him
Cb Greer 6.5 The partnership with El-Abd seems back on track and had a decent game.
Cm Bridcutt - 8.5 So consistent a huge asset to the side, and definitely our most important player.
Cm Hammond 5 Our poorest player, never really got going and looked a yard of the pace.
Lm Orlandi - 8.5 Along with Bridcutt our best player.
Rm Buckley 6 Hasn't really been at the races over the past couple of games.
Am David Lopez - 7 Some great passes and touches interspersed with careless distribution.
Str Barnes - 8 Gave us an excellent outlet up top and held the ball well. Seems to have improved since being dropped from the side a few weeks ago.

Subs
Lua Lua -6
Dicker - 5.5 - Despite not impressing as sub, would like him or Crofts to have a run in midfield ahead of Hammond.
Crofts 6

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Its a Sky dialogue.

3. Very Poor, faults beyond redemption
2. Extremely poor. Abysmal. Eye-catching errors responsible for the poor result.
1. Completely rubbish, hard to think why he plays football.
0. Criminally poor.

My suggestions.

Referee: Williamson 4 (just about, nearly a 3)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuszczak 7. Did what he needed to.
Calderon 8. Good game. Involved in both goals and did plenty of attacking while not forgetting his defensive duties.
Greer 7.
El Abd 7. some key blocks.
Bridge 7. Good enough game but takes some of the blame for the Derby goal.
Bridcutt 9. Immense again. MOM.
Hammond 7.
Lopez 8.
Orlandi 8.
Buckley 7. Not one of his best games. Not sure what he was doing in the striker role for much of the second half. Failed to hold up the ball once in that period. Barnes had being doing the job pretty well in the first half.
Barnes 8. did a good job holding the ball up and getting his head to the ball in the first half.

Subs:
Lua Lua 5. Ineffective.
Dicker 6.
Crofts 6.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kusczak - 7
Calderon - 7
Greer - 9 - Not a great game, but 100th league appearance, Top Man.
El Abd - 6
Bridge - 7
Bridcutt - 9 MOM, fantastic
Lopez - 7
Hammond- 5 slowed down play too much.
Orlandi - 7
Barnes - 8. good but not fast enough.

Buckley?

Kuszczak - 7
Calderon - 7
Greer - 6
El Abd - 7
Bridge - 7
Bridcutt - 9
Lopez - 7
Hammond- 6
Orlandi - 8
Barnes - 8

Buckley?

Player Ratings v Derby at home.
Tom - 8, one save to make plus the backheader at the end when heart in mouth
Calderon - 7
Greer - 6, did enough, same ball time and again down left - hollywood pass!
El abd - 6, wanted a fight all day long, still recovering from Watford f*** ups
Bridge - 7, nothing spectacular, a little immobile today by his high standards
Bridders - 11, wonderful enforcement throughout and outjumped EVERYONE!
Buckers - 8
Hammond - 6, lumpy, rocky start
Orlandi - 8
Lopez - 6, good distrbution
Barnes - 8, best game in ages preferring to be lone striker and not behind in midfield

LuLu 4, expected more when he came on, ineffective

Overall we did our best to drop 2 points in the end, but Ifor one would have been spitting feathers!
Fingers crossed for CMS:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Dicker came on at the same time as Lualua, do you have a rating for him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here