Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings today

Feb 21, 2009
Sullivan 6 Not at fault for any of the goals, could be a bit more vocal though like FDM at his defenders!

McNulty 7 Hope the guys not out for long, bit of a daft challenge that got him injured, had a good game though i thought, very positive

El Abd 5 Has played better last couple of games this season, awful backing off for their goal, and not a good vocal leader today, that we deperately needed

Elphick/Hinselwood--- Both off before really affecting the game

Whing 8 Ran his socks off again today with blocks galore, didn't deserve to be in a defence that conceded 4!

Birchall 4 Hasn't done anything effective at the club so far, was he ill?

Cox 7 First decent game for a while in terms of effort

Jarrett 6 Plenty of effort but still has mad moments with the ball

Fraser 6 Effort there again, but seems a bit lost with the ball at his feet

Davies 6 Runs around alot, lack of real service today that Forster would of helped with

Mcleod 4 Very ineffective, not match sharp

Carole 5 Didn't do any running at defenders, dissapointing

Cook 6 Gave a decent account of himself, definetely better than Hinsh/Virgo at right back

I think the team lacked any spirit today, Forster as natural leader was missing hugely! The team look unfit, not on the ball.

The coaching to me seems the real problem, we need a total clearout in that department in my view. I feel sorry for the new manager that will eventually come in, but hope he brings a new fresh coaching impetus to the Withdean.

Tonight i come away, from a game where we see 3 quality goals at the Withdean, and don't remember Crewe's keeper making a geniune save.

If things are not in place soon i have serious doubts we will survive, let alone bounce back from league 2 next season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Today's another one of those days where I just can't be arsed to give ratings I'm afraid.

Sorry.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think there were only 2 players who deserve more than 5 and that was the outstanding (and clearly capable of playing at a higher level) Whing, and Tommy Fraser.

If running around like a headless chicken loosing posession is a quality then Cox gets an 8. :dunce:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Sullivan - 6

McNulty - 7
El Abd - 5
Elphick - 5 (Hinshelwood - 4 / Cook 5)
Whing - 7

Cox - 4
Jarrett - 5
Fraser - 6
Birchall - 5 (Carole 5)

Davies - 6
McLeod - 4

Sullivan 6 Not at fault for any of the goals, could be a bit more vocal though like FDM at his defenders!

McNulty 7 Hope the guys not out for long, bit of a daft challenge that got him injured, had a good game though i thought, very positive

El Abd 5 Has played better last couple of games this season, awful backing off for their goal, and not a good vocal leader today, that we deperately needed

Elphick/Hinselwood--- Both off before really affecting the game

Whing 8 Ran his socks off again today with blocks galore, didn't deserve to be in a defence that conceded 4!

Birchall 4 Hasn't done anything effective at the club so far, was he ill?

Cox 7 First decent game for a while in terms of effort

Jarrett 6 Plenty of effort but still has mad moments with the ball

Fraser 6 Effort there again, but seems a bit lost with the ball at his feet

Davies 6 Runs around alot, lack of real service today that Forster would of helped with

Mcleod 4 Very ineffective, not match sharp

Carole 5 Didn't do any running at defenders, dissapointing

Cook 6 Gave a decent account of himself, definetely better than Hinsh/Virgo at right back

I think the team lacked any spirit today, Forster as natural leader was missing hugely! The team look unfit, not on the ball.

The coaching to me seems the real problem, we need a total clearout in that department in my view. I feel sorry for the new manager that will eventually come in, but hope he brings a new fresh coaching impetus to the Withdean.

Tonight i come away, from a game where we see 3 quality goals at the Withdean, and don't remember Crewe's keeper making a geniune save.

If things are not in place soon i have serious doubts we will survive, let alone bounce back from league 2 next season.

cox - 7 WHAT THE f***!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whing was the only player of merit, Frazer tried his best and Davies didn't look too bad.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sullivan 5 - Didn't do anything wrong, but didn't really do anything right either

Whing 8 - Didn't stop running and made numerous crucial tackles
El-Abd 5 - Still can't seem to head the ball in the right direction should closed the man down for the second goal
Elphick ? - No time to tell
McNulty 7 - Looks composed on the ball, probably a tad sore after being elbowed in the face and knee'd in the ribs

Cox 6 - Ran around a lot always wanting the ball and moving into space and actually won a few headers, but no end result
Fraser 6 - Good in the first half, woeful in the second.
Jarrett 5 - Kept giving the ball away
Birchall 4 - Still looks unfit and had no impact on the game at all

McLeod 4 - See Birchall
Davies 3 - Stupid handball and pretty useless at everything else too

Hinshelwood 0 - Said he wanted to play when blatantly unfit from the moment he stepped onto the pitch.
Cook 6 - Didn't look out of place (although that's not saying much with our team)
Carole 5 - Crewe kept too many players back for him to be able to get into the game and attack their back line.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sullivan 5 - Mixed afternoon. Couple of great saves, some good and bad kicking and really should have moved for the second goal

Whing 7.5 (MOM) - Good all round game and seems to have rediscovered how to defend
El-Abd 6 - Good first half but looked exposed in the second with midfield over-run
Elphick - Went off injured early
McNulty 7 - Played very well and game changed when he went off and we went down to 10

Cox 7 - Our most effective attacking force yesterday and played quite well. Wanted the ball and tried to do his best.
Fraser 4 - Poor game.
Jarrett 5 - Not one of his better games and lost the ball several times
Birchall 3 - Dire, rightly subbed

McLeod 4 - Was not fit enough for 90 minutes, all over the place
Davies 5 - Worked hard but needless handball for the penalty (he kept putting his hands up every time he jumped for the ball) and very little in the way of support. Clapped all the stands at the end though which was a nice touch.

Subs

Hinshelwood - no on for long enough
Cook 6 - Did okay out of position at right back. I think he will be a good player as he gets older
Carole 5 - Allowed very little space and did not link well with team mates.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sullivan - 5 - Couple of saves, but some more woeful kicking.

Whing - 7 - Some first class tackles, went from RB to CB then to LB.
El-Abd - 6 - Only CB for half the game, was always going to be tough.
Elphick - N/A - Went off early.
McNulty - 6 - Same typical Classy Jim performance.

Cox - 4 - Sick of his lack of ability to skin defenders. Shocking corners.
Fraser - 5 - Not one of his best, like much of the midfield.
Jarrett - 3 - Can't pass to save his life, offers nothing to the team (Thomson anyone?)
Birchall - 3 - Just as poor, losing the ball too often like Jarrett.

McLeod - 3 - Why? Just why? Could have given the young lad Gargan a chance.
Davies - 4 - Was never going to have a good day. Upfront with a tub of lard, with no quality balls. bad Judgement for the handball.

Subs

Hinshelwood - 4 - If he wasn't fit, he shouldn't have put himself forward to play.
Cook - 6 - Hard to criticise him. Played most of the 2nd half in a 3 man defence.
Carole - 5 - Not his best game since returning, but the only midfielder who ever looked like doing anything.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Sullivan - 6

McNulty - 7
El Abd - 5
Elphick - 5 (Hinshelwood - 4 / Cook 6)
Whing - 7

Cox - 4
Jarrett - 5
Fraser - 5
Birchall - 3 (Carole 5)

Davies - 5
McLeod - 3

Thought Whing and McNulty did well. From what I have seen from Cook against Manchester City and again yesterday, I think he might do well for the club in the future. His passing is good and he looks calm and doesn't panic like others have tended to do recently.

I am not sure I saw Birchall do anything at all in the first half. Did he even touch the ball? Fraser put in one great cross right in front of the goal which someone really should have got on the end of.

Davies looks good with the ball at his feet. However, I have reservations regarding his shooting, passing and inability to win more than the odd header. While McLeod was an anonymous as Birchall.

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
Leadership was the problem and the tactics Fraser played ok and rarely gave the ball away Davis can hold the ball up well but had noboddy to give it to just seemed like a lot of effort with no idea new manager please one with a modern atitude towards training and tactics:ascarf:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Sullivan - 5

McNulty - 6
El Abd - 5
Elphick - 5 (Hinshelwood - 4 / Cook 5)
Whing - 7

Cox - 5
Jarrett - 5
Fraser - 5
Birchall - 4 (Carole 5)