Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings please

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
... for those of us who could not be there.

I will be back for the Brentford game ... see they won 3-1 away!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brighton vs Walsall - Player Ratings

Kuipers 6 - Had fairly little to do. No chance with the goal. Made a great stop when Parkin was offside
Wright 6 - A very nervous first ten minutes. Got better, used the ball well
Elphick 7 - Made some good challenges
Virgo 6 - Okay
Whing 6 - Solid apart from the goal
Cox - 6 - Failed to link the midfield and attack
Thornhill - 5 Disappointing, but carrying a knock?
Navarro - 6 - Got caught in possession a few times. Offered nothing that Dicker can't.
Crofts - 6 - I found it hard to distinguish him and Navarro from block B, so I'll give him a 6 as well!
Wright - 7 - Impressive,looked very capable. Liked what I saw.
Dickinson - 8 - Held the ball up well. Had a couple of long range efforts, good on the deck for a big man.

Forster - 7 - we looked better with him on the pitch, although that was partly due to the change in tactics.
McCleod - 5 - The one chance he had to cross he completely wasted.
Murray - 6 - No time to have an impact

I thought the performance showed a lot of promise - there is more to come. We held the ball much better after they scored. It's a shame the first half an hour was so sloppy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuipers 7 - Outrageously good save from a Parkin header, it was genuinely superb. Savfe of the season, no question. His kicking was good, and he dominated his box.
Whing 7 - Great goal, well guided header and I'm glad he's finally broken his duck. Solid at right back, a few cracking interceptions in the first half, and he looked ok.
Jake Wright 6 - Shaky, stand offish and defensively a little bit suspect on his debut. But it was his debut, so he'll get better and he looked good and composed when on the ball.
Elphick 8 - Stood out for me, solid and reliable, some good tackles and fantastic spacial awareness. Defensively I think we're going to be very good this season, we only conceded to ourselves today remember. Very good performance today.
Virgo 8 - Just as good, his use of the ball was disappointing at times, but defensively he was sound and he dealt out alot of punishment to Parkin, who looked pretty damn good to be fair.
Mark Wright 8 - Encourgaging, attacking and extremely bright. His final ball was criticised by the people around me, but I don't agree on the whole, I thought he played well and certainly looked the best player on the pitch.
Crofts 6 - I don't really think he was needed in the first half, I don't see what he offers in a 5 man midfield, he seems a bit of a Thomson type who is "all action" but rarely involved, too early to judge him properly, but the first impressions aren't good to me.
Navarro 7 - He looked particularly good in the first half, really competitive and strong on the ball. I think he'll prove to be a quality signing, but I would rather have him next to Dicker than anyone else.
Thornhill 6 - Not in the game, showed a few good touches though and certainly he looks a good prospect.
Cox 6 - Not on the ball enough, but very busy in general. Him getting that guy in a headlock and dragging him to the ground is the early highlight of the season! Hilarious moment, and Cox certainly seems to have the drive and direction he didn't have under Micky. He'll be a big player this season.
Dickinson 8 - His touch looked good after a few dodgy early moments, his was strong in the air and held the ball up well. He looks quick and he looks to have a decent shot on him, it's a massive shame we didn't give him any service today.
-Subs-
Forster 6 - Not in the game, but fashioned a couple of chances for himself and showed that he's still extremely dangerous for us and I still think he's got LOADS to offer.
McLeod 3 - What on earth is the point? He is useless, rubbish and dreadful. Up there with Livermore and Hawkins in the unneccessary squad members list.
Murray 6 - 10 minutes? Why? What was he meant to do. Brilliant player, and it's good to see him in an Albion shirt again, though it could be the last time for me. :down: Stay, Murray!

Disappointing result, encouraging performance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 6 Nothing to do no saves to make.
Whing 3 Very poor his distribution was attrocious.
Elphick 6 Satisfactory performance
Virgo 6 Very solid and reliable.
J Wright 6 Shaky start but improved
M Wright 8 MOM by a mile.
Navarro 6 Started off ok but appearred to tire.
Croft 4 Non Existant or at least didnt see him do much
Thornhill 4 Assume he was not fit as he was not what I expected.
Cox 7 Tried hard and hada good game.
Dickenson 7 Poor first half but improved drastically when Forster came on and made him some space in which to make runs at the goal.

Subs:

Forster 7 His usual self ,looked hungry for goal and was unlucky witha couple of offsides that the lino got wrong as he was watching the line constantly.
McLeod 5 Didnt make any impression
Murray 4 Not interested did he touch the ball.

Best player on the field their No 20 in midfield was brilliant perhaps we should go after him!! What was his name something like Matt Richards.

Last edited:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Kuipers 6
Whing 4
Elphick 6
Virgo 6
J Wright 5
M Wright 7 MOM
Navarro 6
Crofts 5
Thornhill 5
Cox 6
Dickenson 6

Forster 6
McLeod 6
Murray 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 7 - Outrageously good save from a Parkin header, it was genuinely superb. Savfe of the season, no question. His kicking was good, and he dominated his box.

The ' save' had already been flagged for offside, so not the save of this or any other season .

Mods can you merge this thread with BHA vWall player ratings.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The ' save' had already been flagged for offside, so not the save of this or any other season .

Mods can you merge this thread with BHA vWall player ratings.

Absolute bollocks, how dare you. Michel did NOT know the flag was up, how could he? He saw the ball flying toward his goal from a very good header by the ever annoying Parkin, and he reacted BRILLIANTLY the turn it onto the bar. That, ladies and gents, is why Michel Kuipers is still our #1. Forget the fact it was offside, it was an amazing save, fact.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Kuipers 8

Whing 3
Virgo 6
Elphick 8
Wright 7

Wright 7
Navarro 4
Crofts 4
Thornhill 3
Cox 5

Dickinson 7

Subs:

Forster 7
Murray 6
McLeod 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was an automatic reaction save that wouldnt have counted had he not got it and he would have seen the flag go up out of the corner of his eye. As regards being No 1 he had no chance to show that today as he didnt have one single save to make of any consequence. In fairness he couldnt do anything to stop the goal.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was an automatic reaction save that wouldnt have counted had he not got it and he would have seen the flag go up out of the corner of his eye. As regards being No 1 he had no chance to show that today as he didnt have one single save to make of any consequence. In fairness he couldnt do anything to stop the goal.

:US:

Rubbish. Amazing save, how anyone can argue that is utterly beyond me. So what it was offside, again, he didn't know. He couldn't possibly know, show some understanding the game here and appreciate that at the very least.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he didnt or couldnt make those type of saves he wouldnt be in the team. My brother told me the player had been flagged before he made the save. As he dispatched it towards the goal my brother said' ' dont worry hes offside' So I suggest you actually watch the game before commenting on points that are wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If he didnt or couldnt make those type of saves he wouldnt be in the team. My brother told me the player had been flagged before he made the save. As he dispatched it towards the goal my brother said' ' dont worry hes offside'

:guns:
Sod words, I'll just shoot you with guns.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
If he didnt or couldnt make those type of saves he wouldnt be in the team. My brother told me the player had been flagged before he made the save. As he dispatched it towards the goal my brother said' ' dont worry hes offside' So I suggest you actually watch the game before commenting on points that are wrong.

Yep, the flag was up well before the save.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You are a sad old man BG. If he leapt a building in a single bound, you'ld moan about the landing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here