Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Orient

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought we played well today. It should be highlighted though that we can't afford to continually be 'unlucky', and drop points against mediocre teams like Orient.

Kuipers - 6 - unfortunate slip. It wasnt an error just unfortunate, but looked shaky at times.

Calderon - 7 - impressive defensively
Virgo - 7 - Steady
Elphick - 7 - Beginning to improve. Stupid back pass to Kuipers on a rubbish pitch.
Painter - 4 - very poor. No better than McNulty. Exposed by any sort of pace.

Crofts - 6 - Average
Dicker - 6 - Gave the ball away more today than in any other game I've seen
Navarro - 6 - Ok, but is sloppy in his distribution and for a holding player, did little in terms of protecting the defence in the first half.
Bennett - 6 - Showed glimpses of early season form. Can't fault effort.

Murray - 7 - Tired towards the end.
Dickinson - 7 - Played ok.

Hart - not on long enough. Huff and puff, but not good enough anymore.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Kuipers-0; booked whilst getting treatment, grow up, sonny.
Claderon-1; the point is for looking moderately interested for most of the match.
Virgo-0; obviously missed out on the passing lessons when learning the game
Elphick-0; Bambi on ice, again. It was his slip that put Kuipers in difficulty and lead to their goal.
Painter-0; nothing much, really, is he?
Bennett-0: did a single cross from open play or dead ball beat the first man. I think not.
Crofts-0; was he on the pitch?
Navaro-0; his contribution was to win the ball back after he had lost possession.
Dicker-0; I have seen slugs react and move faster than he does.
Murray-0; muscled out of the game, again.
Dickinson-0; the first touch of a plank of wood.

Subs: Harty-10, for being Gary Hart.

Sorry, we were rubbish, against a rubbish team, again. One point against rubbish opposition, who we gifted a goal, just like last week. And our goal was gifted, too. There is no passion, no drive, no zest. Not altogether unlike last Saturday.

Poyet just doesn't seem to be able to get them to play with any energy or enthusiasm. The players amble through matches not caring if they win, lose or draw.

And yes, these marks are due to the accumulated frustration of a season of sometime mediocrity, but usually just utter crapness. OK, I haven't been arsed to go to many away league games this season, but it is the first week in February and I have seen 2 (two) league wins, four wins in total, against three different clubs.

And a fear that we are going down. Preview time. The reverse figures of the next four games produced an outcome of P4 W0, D0, L4 F3 A16 Pts0. I see no reason for any different outcome this time.

f*** off, stupid f***ing shit stain.

Kuipers - 5

Inigo - 7 - defended well and got forward ok
Virgo & Elphick - 8 - Solid
Painter - 7 - Very good defensively, not amazing going forward

Bennett - 6 - good first half, lost the ball too much in the second.
Crofts - 5 - not a great game
Navarro - 7 - very good, kept the game moving, faded a bit
Dicker - 4 - Very poor again, he tries to be too intricate, SIMPLE PASSES.

Murray - 6 - Should have done better with the chance he skied over the bar in the first half, faded badly in the second and for some reason is now having a problem winning headers....

Dickinson - 6 - Very good first half, poor second,

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
Claderon-1; the point is for looking moderately interested for most of the match.
Elphick-0; Bambi on ice, again. It was his slip that put Kuipers in difficulty and lead to their goal.
Bennett-0: did a single cross from open play or dead ball beat the first man. I think not.
Navaro-0; his contribution was to win the ball back after he had lost possession.

Sorry, we were rubbish, against a rubbish team, again. One point against rubbish opposition, who we gifted a goal, just like last week. And our goal was gifted, too. There is no passion, no drive, no zest. Not altogether unlike last Saturday.

Poyet just doesn't seem to be able to get them to play with any energy or enthusiasm. The players amble through matches not caring if they win, lose or draw.

And yes, these marks are due to the accumulated frustration of a season of sometime mediocrity, but usually just utter crapness. OK, I haven't been arsed to go to many away league games this season, but it is the first week in February and I have seen 2 (two) league wins, four wins in total, against three different clubs.

And a fear that we are going down. Preview time. The reverse figures of the next four games produced an outcome of P4 W0, D0, L4 F3 A16 Pts0. I see no reason for any different outcome this time.

you need to watch the right game or start watching a new game if thats the kind of ratings you can give them all. total arse.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
lot of people saying dickinson had a good first half and faded badly in the second half. yep im a friend as ya know and therefore will stick up for him.

its pretty much expected really he would fade in the second half he hasnt played a full game for god knows how long cos his ass has been keeping the bench warm for probably three quarters of each game lately. but with more pitch time im sure that he will improve. given the chance that is.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he had agood game,touch not great at the mo,but did whatwas expected

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

:fishing:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Surprised at some of the the ratings for Dickinson, thought he did very well myself. Two inch perfect crosses for Murray, one which he scored a goal from (but was wrongly disallowed) and one which Murray should have scored from. He was also not given a blatant penalty.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Dicker situation requires some possible changes, but i am unsure what they are as of yet. If we're playing two fully defensive midfielders in the centre, then we need one who isn't Navarro. Yes, Dicker danced his way into trouble a few too many times today, but Navarro can not play a basic pass sideways. Dicker, though, is the owner of the killer pass of varying lengths. I love him.
I suppose the question i ask myself uninterestingly is whether we need a more attacking left-back if we're to play the D on the left. He's not blessed with pace, but can drop a shoulder and roll the ball under his feet to create space. So should we have someone who might overlap for that through-ball, or pull defenders away for him to play one in the inside channels for Muzza or Dickinson to break into? Or is that too dangerous as Dicker might struggle to cover that gap if a pacey-enough winger grabbed the ball?
Navarro, for me, is a touchless buffoon, i'm sorry to say, and can't read a game well enough close oppositions down.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
lot of people saying dickinson had a good first half and faded badly in the second half. yep im a friend as ya know and therefore will stick up for him.

its pretty much expected really he would fade in the second half he hasnt played a full game for god knows how long cos his ass has been keeping the bench warm for probably three quarters of each game lately. but with more pitch time im sure that he will improve. given the chance that is.

I really hope you are right and will obviously give him a chance, as will most fans. He had a really good first half, put in some great crosses and should have won a penalty. I do wonder why we took Murray off though if Dickinson was tiring (not his fault I realise). My main concern is that if Forster does get his way and leaves we have a lot of goals to make up for and I still question whether Dickinson can. Time will tell I suppose.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The Dicker situation requires some possible changes, but i am unsure what they are as of yet. If we're playing two fully defensive midfielders in the centre, then we need one who isn't Navarro. Yes, Dicker danced his way into trouble a few too many times today, but Navarro can not play a basic pass sideways. Dicker, though, is the owner of the killer pass of varying lengths. I love him.
I suppose the question i ask myself uninterestingly is whether we need a more attacking left-back if we're to play the D on the left. He's not blessed with pace, but can drop a shoulder and roll the ball under his feet to create space. So should we have someone who might overlap for that through-ball, or pull defenders away for him to play one in the inside channels for Muzza or Dickinson to break into? Or is that too dangerous as Dicker might struggle to cover that gap if a pacey-enough winger grabbed the ball?
Navarro, for me, is a touchless buffoon, i'm sorry to say, and can't read a game well enough close oppositions down.

You have got to be kdding me, I know certain people wank over Dicker but in the past few weeks Navarro has been absolutely head and shoulders above Dicker, Dicker has been poor bordering shocking by his standards in the past month, his passing has been terrible, he tries to do stupid pointless 180 turns which NEVER work and silly backheels.

Clueless is what you are if you think that Dicker has been bringing more to the party than Navarro, what I also find interesting is that most who wank over Dicker seem to HATE Navarro.....:bla:

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Pretty much agree with the Wizard's ratings.

Regarding the Dicker debate, he is a real mix of good and bad. Yesterday he made loads of mistakes but still had some classy moments, like the chance he made for Bennett.

Seems to me that Navarro, who I like, is pretty much the captain out there, organising things on the pitch. Also I think Painter is good defensively, and I thought the back 4 were good.

And the half-time tannoy played Bob Dylan. Only the ref and McGleish spoiled the day. And, having slipped, why didn't FDM clear it with a diving header???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And, having slipped, why didn't FDM clear it with a diving header???

Or, having seen it on tv, get up on his knees and cushion the ball (very easy from his position and the run of the ball). The moment the attacker tried to kick it, he could then grab it (if the ref doesn't give a freekick for the player diving in), or at least give the defence a chance to come back and help him.

But then, hindsight is 20/20.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Clearly you were too busy being engaged in some sort of perverted sex with your boyfriend to actually see the match.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Kuipers - 5

Calderon - 6
Virgo - 7
Elphick - 7
Painter - 6

Bennett - 7
Crofts - 6
Navarro - 6