I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For those of it who missed it, please.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Kuipers -5 - At fault for the Orient goal, slipped and created the chance
Claderon - 7 - Din't get forward as much as usual, but defended well on the whole.
Elphick - 7 - Had a good game, shame he missed that chance.
Virgo - 7 Solid, well done.
Painter -5 -Solid, but offered nothing going forward
Bennett - 5 - Some good runs, but his end product is mossing at the moment
Navarro - 7 - An integral part of the midfield
Dicker 6 - Playing out of position, some class but gave the ball away too often
Crofts -5 - Ineffectual
Murray - 7 - Took the goal well, unlucky not to get 2.
Dickinson 7 - Great effort, would have scored if it was not for that ref. Not a great touch though.

Ref -0 -Not giving the pen was quite simply one of the WORST decisions I have ever seen, would have been a red card too. f***ing bottling pussy.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I wasn't there but it sounded like Dicker had a mare according to the radio. We have got to address the midfield - it can't accomodate navarro crofts and dicker (3 defensive midfielders) Drop dicker - give carole or cox a chance.

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
ratings

Kuipers -5 - At fault for the Orient goal, slipped and created the chance
Claderon - 7 - Din't get forward as much as usual, but defended well on the whole.
Elphick - 7 - Had a good game, shame he missed that chance.
Virgo - 7 Solid, well done.
Painter -5 -Solid, but offered nothing going forward
Bennett - 5 - Some good runs, but his end product is mossing at the moment
Navarro - 7 - An integral part of the midfield
Dicker 6 - Playing out of position, some class but gave the ball away too often
Crofts -5 - Ineffectual
Murray - 7 - Took the goal well, unlucky not to get 2.
Dickinson 7 - Great effort, would have scored if it was not for that ref. Not a great touch though.

Ref -0 -Not giving the pen was quite simply one of the WORST decisions I have ever seen, would have been a red card too. f***ing bottling pussy.

Kuipers slipped, what can he do about that? other than that he had very little to do. 6
Crofts thought he did very well battled away all game 7
Dicker kept losing the ball 5
Dickinson rounds around like a headless chicken achieves very little 4
Agree the res

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 6 - unlucky with the pitch for their goal. Only made one real save though.
Calderon - 6 - useful going forward, can't defend to save his life though (unless that includes deliberately taking a booking in stoppage time to avoid us going behind).
Elphick - 7 - yep, good game from him after a shaky first 5
Virgo - 7 - as above
Painter - 4 - nope, if we don't have a left winger we need someone better at going forward. Looked alright defensively though. The exact opposite to Jimmy Mac.
Bennett - 8 - class act. great pace and energy, always threatening.
Navarro - 5 - there were some good moments, but the bad ones stuck out more. Gave the ball away far too often.
Crofts - 6 - when he got involved he looked great. Once again though, he was too deep. Not sure what that's about.
Dicker - 7 - top drawer today. Some sloppy mistakes, but he actually looked better on the left than Cox usually does in terms of creating things surprisngly . Lovely through ball to Bennett for his chance.
Murray - 8 - him being taken off was a disgrace. If that chance in the first half had come to him rather than hit him then it would have been game over.
Dickinson - 5 - pony. Lots of running, no end product. Should have been subbed. See Alex Revell. No offence Mrs Dickinson.

Hart - 6 - that was the sort of game that should suit Hart - but alongside someone likely to get into the box and on the end of something.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Kuipers - 6 - unlucky with the pitch for their goal. Only made one real save though.
Calderon - 6 - useful going forward, can't defend to save his life though (unless that includes deliberately taking a booking in stoppage time to avoid us going behind).
Virgo - 7 - as above
Painter - 4 - nope, if we don't have a left winger we need someone better at going forward. Looked alright defensively though. The exact opposite to Jimmy Mac.
Navarro - 5 - there were some good moments, but the bad ones stuck out more. Gave the ball away far too often.
Crofts - 6 - when he got involved he looked great. Once again though, he was too deep. Not sure what that's about.
Dicker - 7 - top drawer today. Some sloppy mistakes, but he actually looked better on the left than Cox usually does in terms of creating things surprisngly . Lovely through ball to Bennett for his chance.
Murray - 8 - him being taken off was a disgrace. If that chance in the first half had come to him rather than hit him then it would have been game over.
Dickinson - 5 - pony. Lots of running, no end product. Should have been subbed. See Alex Revell. No offence Mrs Dickinson.

Hart - 6 - that was the sort of game that should suit Hart - but alongside someone likely to get into the box and on the end of something.

Are you feeling OK, isn't this all a bit too positive for you ?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wasn't there but it sounded like Dicker had a mare according to the radio. We have got to address the midfield - it can't accomodate navarro crofts and dicker (3 defensive midfielders) Drop dicker - give carole or cox a chance.

Did the radio seriously say that Dicker was poor. He and Bennett ran the midfield today in my mind, our best two players. Navarro and Dickinson had good first halves but faded, Crofts was quiet compared to his normal self and Murray was very good, shame about the second being disallowed. Defence was solid again but one error cost us, as with last week. Very frustrating. Should have got 4 points from last 2 games but only have 1.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i thought dicker was our best player.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Virgo - 7 - as above

Can't believe some of this....
Painter deserved more than a 4....at least a 6 from me.
Bennett was lightweight, sloppy and ineffectual and should have been relaced long before the end. A few nice balls in don't make up for 80 minutes of underachievement.
Dicker was way off the pace and must have given the ball away at least 20 times. I lost count of the number of times he spun into trouble. His worst game in a brighton shirt.
It was tactical to take Murray off...he had already been booked and Poyet is desperate to save him for the next two games. The thought of facing Huddersfield and Norwich with the splay footed show pony and the unknown novice was too much for Gus for contemplate.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can't believe some of this....
Painter deserved more than a 4....at least a 6 from me.
Bennett was lightweight, sloppy and ineffectual and should have been relaced long before the end. A few nice balls in don't make up for 80 minutes of underachievement.
Dicker was way off the pace and must have given the ball away at least 20 times. I lost count of the number of times he spun into trouble. His worst game in a brighton shirt.
It was tactical to take Murray off...he had already been booked and Poyet is desperate to save him for the next two games. The thought of facing Huddersfield and Norwich with the splay footed show pony and the unknown novice was too much for Gus for contemplate.

Are you serious? Bennett and Dicker were our best two players. Dicker has been poor recently compared to his high standards but was great today. Created most of our chances. Have to agree about Painter though. Withdean Wanderer has been slagging off McNulty as he apparently "can't defend" and yet gives Painter a 4 for not attacking but defending well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 6 He was ok and dealt with most things well but wish he would stand in front of he wall on an indirect freekick when near the goal.
Calderon 6 Competant display in defence and going forward.
Virgo 7 Didnt put a foot wrong
Elphick 7 Composed and not pushed,
Painter 6 Did all that was expected in defence.
Bennett 7 Some good moments but terrible miss in 2nd half.
Crofts 5 Anonomous didnt realise he was playing for most of the game.
Navarro 8 MOM Good performance all round in midfield.
Dicker 5 One of his worst games for us lost the ball too much.
Murray 7 Good first half caused them problems and tackled back a lot, quiet 2nd half
Dickenson 6 Lot of effort but no end product did a lot of tackling.

Subs:

Hart 3 Pointless substitution and he did nothing.
Ref 1 for having the right kit on.

Kuipers-6
Claderon-6
Virgo-7
Elphick-7
Painter-5
Bennett-6
Crofts-4
Navaro-7
Dicker-6
Murray-7
Dickinson-7

Subs: Harty-5

Ref-0 worst i've seen waching any live football this season. Official on our side of pitch was no better either.

Fans-7 In decent voice for most of match!!

....but the most important rating is for Attila The Stockbroker, who receives a 10 for his gig after the match at The Plough Inn-got proceedings off by immediatley laying into McGleish, then continued with the rest of his set which was great. my first time seeing him on stage and look forward to the next!!

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Kuipers 5- Poor mistake for the goal, and looked slightly dodgy coming for the ball

Calderon 6- Decent, still has the el-abd syndrome of backing off but hopefully that will improve

Elphick 6- Generally played well, but I have no idea why, after seeing their keeper f*** up from a similiar pass, he decided to put unnecassary pressure on Kuipers for the goal

Virgo 7- Looke very solid again, won most balls in the air against Mcgleish

Painter 6- Very good defensively, but does he offer enough going foward?

Bennett 8- Cracking today. Very creative, put good balls in the box and was a real outlet. Shame he couldn't finish the chance late on

Navarro 6- Started well but thought he faded somewhat in the second half. Broke the play up adequately

Crofts 5- Fairly anonymous, had once chance in the game which he put wide

Dicker 7- Brilliant ball to slip Bennett in towards the end, and was cool and calm as ever on the ball. Sometimes takes too long on the ball, which can have a detrimental effect on our counter attacks

Murray 7- Took both goals brilliantly, the second one must have been very close to being offside. However, should have stuck away the other chance towards the end of the first half.

Dickinson 6- Was very impressed with him in the first half: looked hungry, used the ball well and created several oppurtunities for Murray. Was then denied the most blatant penalty I've seen for a while, I can't believe the linesman didn't give it! Once again though faded in the second badly, don't understand why Glenn was taken off instead of him.

Gustavo 6- Wonderful passion to get sent off, and earns brownie points with me for refusing to apologise to the twat of a ref. Would have liked to see Holroyd at some point, but the tactics were spot on.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Kuipers-0; booked whilst getting treatment, grow up, sonny.
Claderon-1; the point is for looking moderately interested for most of the match.
Virgo-0; obviously missed out on the passing lessons when learning the game
Elphick-0; Bambi on ice, again. It was his slip that put Kuipers in difficulty and lead to their goal.
Painter-0; nothing much, really, is he?
Bennett-0: did a single cross from open play or dead ball beat the first man. I think not.
Crofts-0; was he on the pitch?
Navaro-0; his contribution was to win the ball back after he had lost possession.
Dicker-0; I have seen slugs react and move faster than he does.
Murray-0; muscled out of the game, again.
Dickinson-0; the first touch of a plank of wood.

Subs: Harty-10, for being Gary Hart.

Sorry, we were rubbish, against a rubbish team, again. One point against rubbish opposition, who we gifted a goal, just like last week. And our goal was gifted, too. There is no passion, no drive, no zest. Not altogether unlike last Saturday.

Poyet just doesn't seem to be able to get them to play with any energy or enthusiasm. The players amble through matches not caring if they win, lose or draw.

And yes, these marks are due to the accumulated frustration of a season of sometime mediocrity, but usually just utter crapness. OK, I haven't been arsed to go to many away league games this season, but it is the first week in February and I have seen 2 (two) league wins, four wins in total, against three different clubs.

And a fear that we are going down. Preview time. The reverse figures of the next four games produced an outcome of P4 W0, D0, L4 F3 A16 Pts0. I see no reason for any different outcome this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here