Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Oldham

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Casper 7.5 -1 great save and caught everything. Couldn't do much withgoal.
Calderon 6 - good going forward but defensively a worry.
Elphick 7 - Did well handling the big lump up front but it def took 2 of them to handle him.
El Abd 7 - As above.
Painter - 7 solid as per usual
Bridcutt - 5.5 - I didn't rate him much i'm afraid but could have just been an off day. Skinned a few times though them having an extra man in the middle didn't help.
Dicker - 5.5 - Not his usual self particularly 1st half.
Bennett - 7.5 - Was suprised at how well he did in the centre. Some great crosses.
Lua Lua - 8 - A cut above any other winger i've seen in this league. So threatening in last 15. Roasted the RB in first half to set up Barnes. Seems to have developed an amazingly hard shot since last yr.
Barnes 7 - Wasted some golden chances but did well to get in those positions. A great goal too.
Murray 7.5 - Wins everything in the air at the mo - even against 2 lumps.

Subs

Kishishev 7 - Was def better than Bridcutt today. Experienced head shone through.
Sandaza 6.5 -An extra .5 for the goal but didn't look that fit or that dangerous. Time will tell though

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
Casper 7- Did well, made some decent saves.
Calderon 8- His best game of the season for me
Elphick 6- Didn't look at his best today.
El Abd 6- Got dominated by that unit upfront. Difficult game for him today
Painter 7 not his best game by his high standards but still was fairly solid.
Bridcutt 6- good in patchs but enjoys to dwell on the ball
Dicker 6- average- got knocked off the ball and gave it away a little bit too much
Bennett 9- consistantly brilliant- he puts in quality crosses in for fun
Lua Lua 7- didnt happen for him today but my god he can terrorize defences
Barnes 9 MOM- thorn in their side- made their keeper make worldie saves at times. So unlucky when his shot cannoned off the post. The kid has potential
Murray 7- wins so much against beasts of defenders. Did a good job upfont.

Kishishev 7- sured things up in the middle of the park, he will start on tuesday.
Sandaza 8- don't matter what he did before then, he stuck the ball where it mattered!

Tarrico-10 (for his immense celebration) the man is a hero of mine already

Ref and Lino- 0- A pair of clowns

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
7 goals in 11 suggest's he is scoring enough, our top scorer this season. Today, the keeper made two very good saves to deny him, very unlucky hitting the post, and took his goal well

Sorry but that first opportunity he had should have been put away. Didn't even bring it towards the keeper! As I said, he is only young and is scoring a good amount of goals, but he is no Lambert/Holt/Beckford of this league. YET!

I count a 'miss' as a shot that misses the target, not a shot that is saved by the keeper. On that basis, Barnes didn't 'miss' at all during the game.

Hitting the post is off target.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No ratings from me as most seem to agree more or less with the first post, but just a few observations.

The two CMs were outfought and outmuscled in the first half. Dicker lost the ball in bad positions a couple of times but I don't think Bridcutt was protecting the back 4 enough like Kish did when he came on. Dicker did some great things with the ball but made himself look bad by losing the ball and having nobody behind him to mop it up. Much more solid once Bridcutt went off.

Barnes isn't clinical enough when he has an easy chance. He does better when he shoots on instinct, when he has time to think about it he seems to fluff his shot sometimes, but hopefully that is something that will improve with age and games. Scored a great header and hit the post with the hardest chance, but the keeper saved the easy ones. That said, he fights for everything and at least he was in those positions.

Ankergren had a great game, better than some are giving him credit for. He made 2 or 3 saves look like easy catches because his positioning was so good.

Murray won everything in the air, he seems to be the foil for Barnes at the moment.

The back four were great again, as were the wingers.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Ankergren: 7

Calderon: 7
Elphick: 7
El-Abd: 7
Painter: 6

Bridcutt: 7
Dicker: 6
Bennett: 7
Lua-Lua: 8

Barnes: 7
Murray: 7.5

Subs:
Kish: 8
Sandanza: 7

Thought Murray was especially good in the air today as well as Lua-Lua creating havoc on the left side as usual. Kish worked his socks off when he came on and made a difference in midfield.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Glad to hear someone say that Casper caught everything because he the twice I have seen him this season he did far to much punching.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm surprised Dicker is getting rated so low, he got knocked off the ball on two or three occasions, I know one of them led to the goal but for me the reason Oldham went through our midfield a lot was because we played with two rather than three, also Kishishev maybe would have been more suited to the physical game Oldham played than Bridcutt was. We were a little lightweight through the middle but that wasn't enitrely the players fault, it was the formation too. Plus Dicker's passing was sublime today, almost all of our openings in the first half originated from him.

Ankergren - 6 Not a huge amount to do, one decent save from an angle in the second half but also a couple of hairy moments in the first, when luckily there was no one about to capitalise, plus his usual lack of authority from crosses. I'll feel safer when Brezovan is back.

Calderon - 7 Slowly getting towards his best
Elphick - 7 One bad moment when he dwelled on the ball, but otherwise his great form continues
El-Abd - 7 Big bustling centre forwards are often the ones that trouble him, he generally did well today though.
Painter - 7 Solid, always

Bennett - 7 Always a threat, Gus has him drifting which is fine but I don't really want to see him in the middle of midfield.
Dicker - 7 As above
Bridcutt - 5 Ditto, not a great game after his superb full debut but partly tactical imo
LuaLua - 7 A few wayward crosses, a few too many shots (though he had one which was going in until an Oldham head put it out for a corner late on) but always puts us on the front foot. Always a danger.

Murray - 6 Not bad, not as good as he has been playing. Under pressure for his place now.
Barnes - 7 His best all round performance so far, but should have scored his first opportunity and maybe a couple of others before he finally did score.

Kishishev - 7 Added more steel in the middle and played a couple of very nice passes too.
Sandaza - 7 Poacher's goal, he was a willing runner and linked up the play quite well too. More promising after his cock up at Plymouth.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Casper was catching a bit more than he has in the past games this season. I noticed that v mk dons, too. But he still had some questionable moments, being out of position, not coming for things he should, etc. I still get nervous with him, but it is easing a bit.

Defensively I thought we were solid, there were some scares with the power of their players coming forward, but we handled them well for most of the game.

In midfield we seem to struggle to get a grip on the game until Kish came on. Dicker had a few iffy moments, bridcutt didn't draw much attention, bennett didn't seem to penetrate as much as he has in the last three home games. Lualua had some exciting, penetrating but no end product today.

Attacking, Barnes worked hard, and I guess it's a glass half empty/half full thing as to whether you are impressed with how many chances he created or disappoint by ho many chances he failed to convert, but oldham's keeper deserves a lot of credit. good goal, tremendous work rate and character from barnes. Murray didn't seem to have as much of an influence going forward as he has in previous games, he still falls down too easily, far too frequently.

Subs - As mentioned, kish changed the game from a big picture stand point, and sandaza being there gave us the three points, so can't fault either of them.

Over all, I thought the game was back and forth, for the most part neither team really took control of the game until the last 20mins when Kish gave our midfield that extra thing, and Oldham seemed to settle for the draw. From then on it was mostly all us.

Ref - I have to disagree with most people. (I know, I know. Hardly surprising). I thought the ref was doing his best not to whip his card out every two minutes, seemed deliberate and methodical, and I think most neutrals would say it was a decent performance. There is a caveat - I did not get a clear look at the barnes incident, all I saw was them holding each other and grappling. That is the only moment that I think the ref 's performance comes into question.

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
Everyone has an opinion, and I agree with most, feel Murray deserved a 7, worked hard won a great deal of headers, has great holdup play, and today i counted on five occasions today he gave the ball away. compare that with most others!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How on earth can anyone put Murray higher than barnes today? Beyond me. Open your bloody eyes. Murray was very quite today, where as barnes was awesome.

If awesome means scoring a goal, but missing 3 glorious opportunities, two of which were from 10 yards out without a defender in sight that my nan would have scored, as well as two other decent chances, then yes, he was awesome.

Unless of course you have a vendetta against Murray.

Oh wait...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
No ratings from me as most seem to agree more or less with the first post, but just a few observations.

The two CMs were outfought and outmuscled in the first half. Dicker lost the ball in bad positions a couple of times but I don't think Bridcutt was protecting the back 4 enough like Kish did when he came on. Dicker did some great things with the ball but made himself look bad by losing the ball and having nobody behind him to mop it up. Much more solid once Bridcutt went off.

Barnes isn't clinical enough when he has an easy chance. He does better when he shoots on instinct, when he has time to think about it he seems to fluff his shot sometimes, but hopefully that is something that will improve with age and games. Scored a great header and hit the post with the hardest chance, but the keeper saved the easy ones. That said, he fights for everything and at least he was in those positions.

Ankergren had a great game, better than some are giving him credit for. He made 2 or 3 saves look like easy catches because his positioning was so good.

Murray won everything in the air, he seems to be the foil for Barnes at the moment.

The back four were great again, as were the wingers.

Agree with all of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here