Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Notts County (Away)

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
We we're toilet today. No one deserves more than a 5. But f*** it- it's a marathon not a sprint. I'll give them all a 10 for the season.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Wood - 1. For turning up.
Never seen a striker jump up for the ball so much and never EVER win a header. For a big guy it was truely pathetic

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Casper 7, Stunning save late on gave us an undeserved point
Calderon 5, Not as swashbuckling as we are used to, poor judgement in second half could have resulted in red card
Greer 6, Reasonably assured but hoofing more than usual
Elphick 5, Tommy seems a bit intimidated by the demands of tippy tap
Painter, Classic Marcus match, completely lost his rag with the linesman
Bennett 5, Struggled on a terrible pitch
Kasim 5, Started with promise but faded as match proceeded
Bridcutt 6, Pushed further forward than usual, gave the ball away more than usual
Sparrow 6, Linked up well with the strikers, but unless he scores he can be a passenger
Barnes 7, Led the line well, superb goal, had little support
Wood 4, Looks out of sorts, been a long season for such a young lad

Subs
Dunk 6, looked good when he came on
Noone 4, touched the ball once in 20 minutes
Dicker 5, Out of sorts today, slow and unable to keep the ball on the deck

We were very, very fortunate. Gus needs to invest significantly over the summer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Casper 7, Stunning save late on gave us an undeserved point
Calderon 5, Not as swashbuckling as we are used to, poor judgement in second half could have resulted in red card
Greer 6, Reasonably assured but hoofing more than usual
Elphick 5, Tommy seems a bit intimidated by the demands of tippy tap
Painter, Classic Marcus match, completely lost his rag with the linesman
Bennett 5, Struggled on a terrible pitch
Kasim 5, Started with promise but faded as match proceeded
Bridcutt 6, Pushed further forward than usual, gave the ball away more than usual
Sparrow 6, Linked up well with the strikers, but unless he scores he can be a passenger
Barnes 7, Led the line well, superb goal, had little support
Wood 4, Looks out of sorts, been a long season for such a young lad

Subs
Dunk 6, looked good when he came on
Noone 4, touched the ball once in 20 minutes
Dicker 5, Out of sorts today, slow and unable to keep the ball on the deck

We were very, very fortunate. Gus needs to invest significantly over the summer.

Is painter a 0?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Ankergren- 6, great save near the end, kicking poor on a dodgy pitch.
Calderon- 4, he needs to play better than the last 4 games in the Championship
Greer- 6, lovely first goal for the club, very good on the ball
Elphick- 6, more composed than usual before being taken off
Painter- 5, lucky not to be sent off for squaring up to the lino and then sarcastically clapping him later on in the game
Kasim- 5, did alright
Sparrow- 5, as above
Bridcutt- 5, caught on the ball a few times too many
Bennett-5, pretty ineffective
Barnes- 7, great goal, was a nuisance but got very limited service
Wood- 3, no impact on the match whatsoever. Don't know what's gone wrong with him he was really starting to look good before he went to Japan.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ankergren- 6, great save near the end, kicking poor on a dodgy pitch.
Calderon- 4, he needs to play better than the last 4 games in the Championship
Greer- 6, lovely first goal for the club, very good on the ball
Elphick- 6, more composed than usual before being taken off
Painter- 5, lucky not to be sent off for squaring up to the lino and then sarcastically clapping him later on in the game
Kasim- 5, did alright
Sparrow- 5, as above
Bridcutt- 5, caught on the ball a few times too many
Bennett-5, pretty ineffective
Barnes- 7, great goal, was a nuisance but got very limited service
Wood- 3, no impact on the match whatsoever. Don't know what's gone wrong with him he was really starting to look good before he went to Japan.

This.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Thought the whole lot were a shambles, again we gifted the other side in all departments, if notts county had a lethal goal scorer we would have been trounced, once again the players were not even trying, they were as per colchester, running around like headless chickens, losing every other ball... thats 4 games without a win... ok, so they had nothing to play for, but what about the fans who paid a lot of money to go and watch em, and dire teams like notts county who again, are going nowhere fast, we should have beat easily... dont know how they have the nerve to draw thier wages... shame on you, amex? no thanks... im writning to the club on monday asking for a full refund, cause as a paying customer, i didnt get my hard earned moneys worth.. half that squad yesterday wants letting go

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
thats 4 games without a win... ok, so they had nothing to play for, but what about the fans who paid a lot of money to go and watch em, and dire teams like notts county who again, are going nowhere fast, we should have beat easily... dont know how they have the nerve to draw thier wages... shame on you, amex? no thanks... im writning to the club on monday asking for a full refund, cause as a paying customer, i didnt get my hard earned moneys worth.. half that squad yesterday wants letting go

Tough to disagree. I wasn't at the game, but have been to most of the recent ones and our poor form is very worrying. Without Murray we seem unable to stamp our authority on games. The squad needs a lot of strengthening to prepare for championship football. We absolutely need cover at RB, plus CB and midfield. Up front we need minimum one good striker or two if Murray goes. And we should not bother with Wood for next season. Not good enough.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Tough to disagree. I wasn't at the game, but have been to most of the recent ones and our poor form is very worrying. Without Murray we seem unable to stamp our authority on games. The squad needs a lot of strengthening to prepare for championship football. We absolutely need cover at RB, plus CB and midfield. Up front we need minimum one good striker or two if Murray goes. And we should not bother with Wood for next season. Not good enough.

Are you serious? I assumed the guy you quoted was taking the piss but if he was serious then what a load of rubbish. We struggled on an awful pitch against a team who were fighting for their lives. We won promotion and the Championship with four games to spare but apparently that is not good enough for some people. Out of interest, did you go to the Huddersfield game where we played really well and deserved all three points. That wasn't poor form, it was bad luck. No doubt when we don't beat Burgess Hill 25-0 in a friendly you will be on here predicting a crap season next year.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thought the whole lot were a shambles, again we gifted the other side in all departments, if notts county had a lethal goal scorer we would have been trounced, once again the players were not even trying, they were as per colchester, running around like headless chickens, losing every other ball... thats 4 games without a win... ok, so they had nothing to play for, but what about the fans who paid a lot of money to go and watch em, and dire teams like notts county who again, are going nowhere fast, we should have beat easily... dont know how they have the nerve to draw thier wages... shame on you, amex? no thanks... im writning to the club on monday asking for a full refund, cause as a paying customer, i didnt get my hard earned moneys worth.. half that squad yesterday wants letting go

Alright, see ya :bigwave:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Are you serious? I assumed the guy you quoted was taking the piss but if he was serious then what a load of rubbish. We struggled on an awful pitch against a team who were fighting for their lives. We won promotion and the Championship with four games to spare but apparently that is not good enough for some people. Out of interest, did you go to the Huddersfield game where we played really well and deserved all three points. That wasn't poor form, it was bad luck. No doubt when we don't beat Burgess Hill 25-0 in a friendly you will be on here predicting a crap season next year.
Exactly, we didn't play very well, but still got a point on a shit pitch with nothing to play for, I wouldn't bother going next year because I think you'll be disgusted when we lose more than 5 games :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here