Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Northampton A

Thurrock Seagull

Aug 11, 2010
Always One!!!

Reading them perfectly clear Mate!! Clearly yourself and many others are not quite sure what the word SUPPORT means!! Most of you live in your own little bubble. Where nobody ever obviously dares to disagree!!:rant:
You are really not reading the posts correctly are you?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just saying it as I saw it, there's no room for sentiment in football, at least if you want to be succesful there's not.

I agree that sentiment plays no part in football but I do find it hard to believe that anyone would give Hart a worst mark than Poke or Whing based on last night's performance. They were clearly the worst two players on the pitch and shouldn't play again for us unless they can turn themselves around massively. Holroyd, sadly, is another who won't be any use for us if we are looking to go up.

Of the others, Hart may not be great in terms of scoring but is useful to bring on when we are one up to chase down defenders, like on Saturday when he did okay. Baz had a poor game last night but in a first team rather than reserves he might do better. Battipiedi improved in the second half and looked quite decent and an option for future games and, as we already knew, Dicker is clearly our best back up player.

The only relevance of last night to Saturday, other than losing two key midfielders, is that El Abd may have jumped above Elphick in terms of partnering Greer (unless Calderon is still having problems in which case El Abd goes to right back). It shouldn't affect confidence as it was mainly a reserve side. Frustrating to watch but the performance and result were not important compared to Sparrow's sending off and Navarro's injury.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
No surprise in what i'll say since i'm quite vocal in my suppot for him but Holroyds movement was good, he does however need a run in the reserves for a few games just to get his head down scoring. Wasn't bad though

Why we kept Hart on, baffles me. Sometimes 10 men down does need a touch of finess and a little bit of pace over strength and Holroyd could have done that, but thats a matter of opinion.

I thought both Argies were fantastic! Batti was better but Baz looked decent, Batti looked very good, great control, not affraid and seems to be adapting to a physical game quicker than expected. Kish to start in place of Nav, Dicker to start in place of Sparrow. Bennett and Smith on the wing (Smith can play Left Mid right?). Barnes and/or Murray to start.

Thurrock Seagull

Aug 11, 2010
Have all 2443 of your posts been full of has much shit as this one? Not a clue clearly!!!!!
No surprise in what i'll say since i'm quite vocal in my suppot for him but Holroyds movement was good, he does however need a run in the reserves for a few games just to get his head down scoring. Wasn't bad though

Why we kept Hart on, baffles me. Sometimes 10 men down does need a touch of finess and a little bit of pace over strength and Holroyd could have done that, but thats a matter of opinion.

I thought both Argies were fantastic! Batti was better but Baz looked decent, Batti looked very good, great control, not affraid and seems to be adapting to a physical game quicker than expected. Kish to start in place of Nav, Dicker to start in place of Sparrow. Bennett and Smith on the wing (Smith can play Left Mid right?). Barnes and/or Murray to start.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bennett 5 Looked a class above almost everything around him. Created one chance for Hart. Had our best (only?) shot on target (in the 91st minute!). Better than he was on Saturday, especially when he cut inside.

Brilliant in-depth views, but this one confused me. He was a class above everything around him, had our best chance, and was better tha he was on saturday, yet only a 5?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Have all 2443 of your posts been full of has much shit as this one? Not a clue clearly!!!!!

Not a clue? Were you even there? Batti was great! He is more than good enough to cover Kish and Nav, and has a little bit to contribute going forward. Baz wasn't as good but still showed promise.

As for the Hart vs Holroyd comment, it is a split second decision and one that, because I prefer Holroyd over the CURRENT Hart, think Holroyd should have not been subbed. Sentiment has got a small place in football. Very small but even you must admit that the Hart now, is not the Hart of five years ago. That, or all 6 posts of yours are full of shit.

Thurrock Seagull

Aug 11, 2010
Yes i was there! Funny you should say that though, cause i was thinking exactly the same! And no Hart probably is not the same now as 5 years ago, but that happens. As im sure you probably have found for yourself! Sentiment may have a small place in Football, does not make it right though. IM not surprised that Hart vs Holroyd is a split second decision for you, as reading your posts im quite sure your probably not capable of much more than a split second decision anyway.And well done at counting my posts!! Really did'nt think you would be able to count to 6 !:laugh:
Not a clue? Were you even there? Batti was great! He is more than good enough to cover Kish and Nav, and has a little bit to contribute going forward. Baz wasn't as good but still showed promise.

As for the Hart vs Holroyd comment, it is a split second decision and one that, because I prefer Holroyd over the CURRENT Hart, think Holroyd should have not been subbed. Sentiment has got a small place in football. Very small but even you must admit that the Hart now, is not the Hart of five years ago. That, or all 6 posts of yours are full of shit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, the fringe players had no pressure? They weren't there to win the game? Of course they were. They were under as much pressure as the first teams because this was their chance to earn a place in the first team on saturday, and because they are professional sportsmen who want to do the best they can.

All the players were under pressure, not just the "first teamers".

The difference is that the established first teamers that played like Ekphick, EL Abd Painter and Sparrow are expected to be better and to provide the inspiration to the others as opposed to the likes of Hart and Holroyd etc who it is hoped will do well but it is an unknown factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here