Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Millwall

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'll get the ball rolling....

Kuipers - 8 - Two or three magnificent saves which kept us in the game.

Whing - 5 - Looked poor and was lucky not to get sent off.
Virgo - 7 - Solid defending, and brilliantly whipped in free-kick for the goal (I think!)
Tunnicliffe - 6 - Looked alright, and denied them a goal late on.
El-Abd - 6 - After a dodgy first 10 minutes he settled down and did well.

Bennett - 5 - Still getting up to full fitness. Wasted a golden oppurtunity in 2nd half.
Navarro - 5 - Not one of his best games, subbed at Half Time.
Crofts - 6 - No thrills. Simple passing, looked solid enough.
Cox - 7 - Had another good game, and was very unlucky not to score.

Dickinson - 7 - Work rate is second to none, and looked a handful all evening. Getting better and better.
Forster - 7 - Same as Dickinson. Great finish for the goal.

Subs:
Dicker - 7 - Thank F*ck he's back, just what we needed.
Hart - 6 - Didn't get too long, nice to see him back.
Wright - N/A - Only got 5 minutes.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'd agree with that, but, Virgo and Dickinson 8's, and I didn't think Bennett deserved a 5, so put him up to a 6, maybe even 7!

Otherwise I agree.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Kuipers - 7 - Decent performance, lucky to get away with a clear handball outside the area IMO.

El-abd - 6.5 - Solid performance, pleasantly surprised by him tonight.
Virgo MOM - 8 - Superb performance, put in a number of last ditch challenges, won most aerial balls.
Tunnicliffe - 7.5 - Won most in the air is improving game by game.
Whing - 6.5 - Hoofs do my head in but I thought he played ok.

Bennett - 7 - Contrary to most I thought he played well, delivery wasn't great.
Crofts - 6 - Average
Navarro - 5.5 - Not the best but didn't do much wrong, games just tend to pass him by.
Cox - 8 - Worked his bollox off and helped Whing out on a number of occasions, unlucky not to score.

Dickinson - 7 - Class control, won far more in the air today, wasted a golden opportunity when he should of squared it to Mark Wright.
Forster - 7 - Poor 1'st half, looked a different player second half, good to see him back looking sharp.

Subs

Dicker - 7.5 - Don't remember him losing the ball once, totally ran the midfield.
Hart - Not much of note, pointless rating him.
Wright - Same as Hart.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Kuipers - 8 -lol handball decision was jokes

El-abd - 7 - Solid performance
Virgo - 8.5 - captains display
Tunnicliffe - 7 - looks good, couple of dodgy moments, why didnt we use his long throw?
Whing - 6 - poor game looked unfit

Bennett - 7 - looks bright, makes things happens, needs to be more clinical in the box
Crofts - 5 - poor
Navarro - 5 - poor
Cox - 8 - good effort, tracked back a lot too

Dickinson - 7.5 - looks class, our new zamora
Forster - 7 - looked abit slow, but clinical as ever

Subs

Dicker - 8.5 - change the whole game, makes us play football

navarro and crofts are too similar. i would like to try crofts and dicker, and then dicker and thornhill, while navarro shakes off his injury

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Kuipers 8 a few great saves but should of been sent of for what seemed like a blatant hand ball.
El abd 6 got stuck in but distribution terrible
Whing 5 heart in mouth every time they attacked his side.
Virgo 8 solid in the tackle and great cross for the goal
Tunnicliffe 7 good in the air but looks a touch short of match fitness, will be a good signing.
Bennett 7 once he gets settled in and match fit will be a very good signing.
Crofts 6 much better once Dicker came on
Navarro 4 was once on Liverpools books
Cox 6 very frustrating
Forster 7 still a class act in this division, getting sharper now.
Dickinson 8 for about 20 minutes in the second half he was absolutely raping them.

subs
Hart- ran hard and got stuck in, could of been sent of with a reckless lunge.
Wright - anonymous
Dicker 8 doesn't necessarily make the team tick, but he is such a calming influence on the team, if he doesn't start after tonight then I seriously think Slade must have something against him.

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
anyone who rates tuncliffe's performance the same as el abds needs their head examined. virgo was good and i actually saw him play the ball along the ground a few times. tuncliffe always sought to bring the ball down and play it along the ground and was a class above the rest of the defence... should always start!!!

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
both navarro and crofts are so shit it's amazing russell can start them ahead of dicker. does make me question slade's talent

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 7 Did what he is paid to do stop goals. Very lucky not to see Red.
El Abd 6 Started slowly but got better did nothing wrong.
Virgo 9 MOM Capt fantastic tonight
Tunnicliffe 6 Too many dodgy tackles that he missed especially in the first half.
Whing 5 In because we have no choice suprised he lasted 90 minutes after early stupid booking.
Bennett 6 Not sure about him yet, he is brushed off the ball too easily.
Croft 6 Went about his job efficiently but not noticeable.
Navarro 6 Same as Croft
Cox 7 Plenty of effort and running unlucky with chip shot that hit the bar.
Dickenson 8 Improving with each game
Forster 7 Is his age catching up with him but still a handful for defenders.

Subs:

Dicker 8 Great contribution when he came on makes the team tick.
Hart 6 Usual OGH plenty of effort and running
Wright n/a not on long enough to mark.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
both navarro and crofts are so shit it's amazing russell can start them ahead of dicker. does make me question slade's talent

That's just not true though is it. Crofts has certainly put a few good performances in this season and the consensus appeared to be that he's getting better. And Navarro divides opinion although didn't have a good one last night. So your histrionic and pointless analysis is simply not right (IMO)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Michel 9 - absolutely outstanding performance. Flawless.

Whing 3 - nightmare, should have got about four yellow cards and one red.
Virgo 7 - excellent.
Tunnicliffe - also excellent.
El Abd 5 - not as catastrophic as he can be, but still, it's Adam El Abd so it's not pretty.

Bennett 7 - much better than last week I thought, has some really good things about him but final ball is not one of them on tonight's evidence.
Navarro 5 - he is rubbish, but I didn't think tonight was his worst performance of the season.
Crofts 2 - shocking, truly shocking. Fraser has gone, long live Fraser the second.
Cox 7 - best performance for a while. Got stuck in and actually varied his attacking (ie right foot cross, left foot cross, running inside, shooting) rather than cutting inside and crossing all the time.

Dickinson 8 - I'll stake my reputation on this lad being absolutely top-drawer for us this season.
Forster 6 - I thought he was struggling a bit at times, but he's still a good player and will get back to his best as the match fitness comes back.

Subs:

Dicker 8 - best midfielder at the club. Play him. Now.
Hart - hard to give him a mark as I don't think he did anything.
Wright - same as Hart.

Agree Kuipers made some world class saves and on that performance deserves to be number one but he should have been sent off for a silly handball outisde the area and looked dodgy occasionally when crosses went in.... so maybe an 8 and contender for MOM but NOT flawless.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kuipers - 8 - Kicking much improved, two great saves in particular especially the one to keep us in it just after they scored. Lucky to get away with his handball.

Whing - 4.5 - Shocking positioning for their goal, distribution woeful but battled well etc etc

Virgo - 8 - Thinks he's David Beckham but seeing as he put one cross in that was better than Beckham I'll let him off. His best performance in a while at the back.

Tunnicliffe - 7 - Still settling in but looking good.

El-Abd - 4 - Offered nothing going forward, didnt even try and pass the ball short. He hasn't got a hope of putting in a good display at left/right back.

Bennett - 8 - Looked very bright, composed on the ball and puts in some great deliveries. Best winger we've had in a while.

Navarro - 5 - Did we have a central midfield in the first half?

Crofts - 5 - Didn't even notice him.

Cox - 6 - Unlucky with his shot but didn't do much else. I'm usually a fan of his but thought he was very quiet.

Dickinson - 8 - Slightly quieter than Saturday but the service was so poor first half I'm suprised he bothered coming out for the second half. Works hard and is a great target, he will be a big player for us this year.

Forster - 8 - Runs his bollocks off, good goal.

Subs:
Dicker - 9 - Positioning in the second half superb, held the midfield together. Always offering to take it off the back four, looks very composed AND finds a player with the same colour shirt on with a good pass to feet. What more could you want from a midfielder?!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kuipers - 9 - A couple of great saves followed up by a stunning second half save to win us a point.

Whing - 6 - Started poorly but much more assured in the second half
Virgo - 7 - Had a decent game but it still pisses me off when he takes the long drilled shots because he scored one about 4 years ago.
Tunnicliffe - 6 - Won a lot of headers and di well.
El-Abd - 5 - Not convincing enough on to many occasions

Bennett - 7 - A threat down the flanks with his pace, great signing
Crofts - 6 - Better second half but not great
Navarro - 6 - Good tracking of players in the first half
Cox - 8 - Best performance in a long time. Worked hard defensivly and a threat going forward

Dickinson - 8 - Looks a class above. Great player.
Forster - 7 - Good movement and running and always a threat.

Dicker - 7 - Helped us win the midfield battle second half which turned the game around.
Hart - 4 - Terrible movement, positioning, touch and passing. Needs time to get back into the swing of things, it'll come.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Brighton supporters sounded in very good voice on the radio (once again) often outsinging the home crowd. The commentators also thought that Virgo was MOM, and Dicker made a big difference when he came on. Cox's chip which hit the crossbar and Kuipers saves got a good mention as well.

The performance sounded like an improvement, and the excuse for not playing Dicker was that he hasn't been showing up very well in training.....well it looks like he saves his best for the games, so on that basis he needs to start. I'm now looking forward to the next game, not dreading it!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kuipers - 8 - superb throughout (ish)

Whing - 5 - must have met a northern lass
Virgo - 8 - very good display best of the short season
Tunnicliffe - 7 -solid job
El-Abd - 7- at last got stuck in and looked back to his best

Bennett - 6 - so so has had a few chances ive seen now and not tucked them away
Navarro - 5 - i thought he was carrying a knock even b4 he got a knock
Crofts - 5 - not the best ive seen him play
Cox - 6 - in and out of the game did ok

Dickinson - 8 - not only will this guy score us goals he will make a superb center back imo
Forster - 8 - age knows no boundry

Subs
Dicker - 9 - head and shoulders the best player of the 22 on the park when he came on
Hart - 5- strange choice bringing gary on instead of davies imo but did ok
Wright -5- didnt wash his hair b4 the game tsk

Slade -6- surely now he can see the value of having dicker in the side,we looked the better team with him in it.

Ref -7- pretty good really whing could not have complained if he had been sent off same could be said for kuipers.

4th official -1- sorry but you must have been pissed mate 5 mins of stoppage time??

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
kuipers - 8- kept us in it with two saves, comical handball though.
whing - 4 - lucky not to be sent off
tunicliffe - 5 - all over the place, not sure why people are raving about him
virgo - 8 - captain's performance
El-abd - 6 - could have been worse i suppose. certainly an improvement
cox - 6 - didn't really look interested, other than shot against bar
crofts -4 - anonymous
navarro - 2 - fat, piss poor
Bennett - 7 - very lively, needs to sort his crossing though
dickinson - 7 - lots of effort, good link play
forster - 7 - well taken goal, if a little lucky.

dicker - 8 - composure
wright, hart - 4

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Kuipers - 8 - superb throughout (ish)

Whing - 5 - must have met a northern lass
Virgo - 8 - very good display best of the short season
Tunnicliffe - 7 -solid job
El-Abd - 7- at last got stuck in and looked back to his best

Bennett - 6 - so so has had a few chances ive seen now and not tucked them away
Navarro - 5 - i thought he was carrying a knock even b4 he got a knock
Crofts - 5 - not the best ive seen him play
Cox - 6 - in and out of the game did ok

Dickinson - 8 - not only will this guy score us goals he will make a superb center back imo
Forster - 8 - age knows no boundry

Subs
Dicker - 9 - head and shoulders the best player of the 22 on the park when he came on
Hart - 5- strange choice bringing gary on instead of davies imo but did ok
Wright -5- didnt wash his hair b4 the game tsk

Slade -6- surely now he can see the value of having dicker in the side,we looked the better team with him in it.

Ref -7- pretty good really whing could not have complained if he had been sent off same could be said for kuipers.

4th official -1- sorry but you must have been pissed mate 5 mins of stoppage time??

The ref decides how much added on time there is, not the 4'th official.:thumbsup:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Kuipers 6
- 2 excellent saves, scrabbled around a bit too much for my liking with some of the crosses.

El-Abd 6
- Played well IMO, fairly solid at the back, deserves credit after all the stick.

Virgo 8
- Would have been 9 had he not hoofed it so much and gone for the Xabi Alonso impersonation in the last minute. Defended absolutely brilliantly.

Tunnicliffe 7
- Positioning possibly the best of all our defenders on this evidence. Calm, composed, didn't hoof as much as the others.

Whing 5
- Looks a bit off compared to last season. Nowhere for the goal.

Bennett 5
- OK first half, pretty shocking second. Completely skewed our best chance miles wide, kept on mis-controlling the ball, topped off with a quite embarrassing effort to keep the ball in play with a header.

Navarro 4
- Hard to explain, just doesn't really DO much. Never plays past the man nearest to him and is occassionally prone to losing possession. Dicker is so superior it's not even funny.

Crofts 6
- Looked infinitely more comfortable with Gary next to him in the second half. Hassles well, quite tenacious, good player to have IMO.

Cox 7
- Played well tonight, less predictable than normal and desperately unlucky with the chip.

Forster 7
- Good connection for the goal. Was a bit quieter than usual, but he has to be in the starting XI as much as possible IMO, a vital player for us.

Dickinson 8
- The last time I saw him was at Brentford, and he looked 100000000 times more confident on this occassion. Hold up play excellent, not afraid to run at players, not afraid to have shots on goal, works his nuts off. Notice for the defence : aerial challenges are not his strong point, so stop hoofing!

Subs

Dicker 8
- Without him we are toothless. With him we looked quite good. Doesn't hoof, doesn't look scared to death whenever he receives the ball, just a really cool customer. Definitely one of our most important players and Slade has to start him from now on.

Hart 5
- With the substitution of Forster went our chance of winning the game. Hart was off the pace, should have bought on Davies if anyone IMO.

Wright
- Not long enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here