Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Leyton Orient - Home -JPT

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Souns promising. It's good to hear Bridcutt had a good game, and sounds like he could be an adequate replacement for Alan, and he is only 21, so has potential to be even better, especially when he gets to grip with our way of playing :D

Result doesn't bother me, as the mickey mouse cup is just that, and now our champions-aim is becoming more likely :)

Greer back in to replace the stuttering El-Abd, perhaps give Sandaza 20 minutes or so to get used to the game, and LuaLua in for Dicker, with Kish maybe replacing Bridcutt, though Jamie Smith needs to start

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
El Abd is too small to be a centre back, their strikers won every single header against him lastnight.

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Ankergren - 5 always looks nervous

Calderon - 6 fine.
Elphick - 6 not bad, but revell won almost every header
El-abd - 5 lost headers, never goodd with his feet
Painter - 6 fine defensively, but without a proper left winger had to get forward more, and isn't completely up to it

Bennett - 7 our best player, continually made terrific crosses to no avail
Bridcutt - 6 looked talented, maybe lacking a bit of experience to pick exactly the right pass
Sparrow - 5 good first 30, went missing
Dicker - 6 good first half, went missing

Murray - 6 sometimes looked dangerous, poor penalty
Barnes - 6 looks dangerous, but goes missing too much

Subs -
Hart - 4 not up to it anymore
CBA to do the rest

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Ankegren 5 - Nothing could've been done about the goal. Rooted to the spot for the shot that hit the bar though.

Calde 6
Painter 8 - worked his nuts off with basically the whole of the left side of the pitch to cover by himself.
Elphick 9 - Absolutely supreme, did not put a foot wrong
El Abd 6 - Looked very nervous

Bennett 9 - Also completely worked his arse off but KEPT beating two players and putting good cross after good cross in in the second half, unfortunately our strikers at that point were very short.
Dicker 7.5 - Some stunning passes and movement to give himself space on the ball.
Sparrow 6 - Some nice touches but didn't really impose on the game enough
Bridcutt 7 - Was quite impressed, clearly has a good football brain, very fit, and always wanted the ball.

Murray 7 - Standard, won absolutely EVERY header. I've never seen a striker before win EVERY header against giant central defenders. Won the penalty, from where I was sitting it looked like he put it right in the bottom right corner and the goalie pulled out an excellent save. Could be wrong though.
Barnes 6 - Good movement and link up with Murray, wasteful finishing though. Can and will do better
====
Subs

All 7 - Worked hard, not their fault they're short.

====

We were by FAR the better team first half, completely outplayed them, I GENUINELY remember thinking "Orient will not score bar some freakish goal" and that's exactly what happened.

Ultimately two moments decided that game. The ref bringing the game back for a foul when we were completely through on goal and their goalie making a cracking penalty save. Orient offered NOTHING for the entire game. Don't get me wrong we were pretty poor second half, but it was understandable that our players heads had dropped as it was clear it wasn't going to be "our" night.

First half I thought we were better than the second half at Walsall, lots of really smart passing moves, just lacked that killer instinct. I love how if we lose (in slightly freakish circumstances) everyone marks the players down a couple of points, yet if we had won last night (which we would have comfortably if the ref had let play go on) everyone would be praising them to the high heavens for basically the same performance.

Result - Bit annoying, but it's JPT so definitely don't care.
Performance - Good first half, wilted in the second but completely understandable considering events.

Maybe slightly overstated in the marks Mellotron (only slightly mind) but to prove a point that we were far better than others will have you believe I will go with it.

I think the 3-7-0 formation Mendoza talks of did kill the game which brings me on to the killer instinct pass. Smith had it when he came on but to noone.
I would to have seen how Smith & Barnes/Murray link up last night. With more minutes on the pitch I would have been reaching for an 8 for Smith. He reminds me a little of Paul Brooker in so much he has an ability to drop his shoulders and move past players and leave them standing.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Murray 7 - Standard, won absolutely EVERY header. I've never seen a striker before win EVERY header against giant central defenders. Won the penalty, from where I was sitting it looked like he put it right in the bottom right corner and the goalie pulled out an excellent save. Could be wrong though.

Classic example of how Murray can do no wrong in some peoples eyes

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Ankegren 5 - Nothing could've been done about the goal. Rooted to the spot for the shot that hit the bar though.

Calde 6
Painter 8 - worked his nuts off with basically the whole of the left side of the pitch to cover by himself.
Elphick 9 - Absolutely supreme, did not put a foot wrong
El Abd 6 - Looked very nervous

Bennett 9 - Also completely worked his arse off but KEPT beating two players and putting good cross after good cross in in the second half, unfortunately our strikers at that point were very short.
Dicker 7.5 - Some stunning passes and movement to give himself space on the ball.
Sparrow 6 - Some nice touches but didn't really impose on the game enough
Bridcutt 7 - Was quite impressed, clearly has a good football brain, very fit, and always wanted the ball.

Barnes 6 - Good movement and link up with Murray, wasteful finishing though. Can and will do better
====
Subs

All 7 - Worked hard, not their fault they're short.

====

We were by FAR the better team first half, completely outplayed them, I GENUINELY remember thinking "Orient will not score bar some freakish goal" and that's exactly what happened.

Ultimately two moments decided that game. The ref bringing the game back for a foul when we were completely through on goal and their goalie making a cracking penalty save. Orient offered NOTHING for the entire game. Don't get me wrong we were pretty poor second half, but it was understandable that our players heads had dropped as it was clear it wasn't going to be "our" night.

First half I thought we were better than the second half at Walsall, lots of really smart passing moves, just lacked that killer instinct. I love how if we lose (in slightly freakish circumstances) everyone marks the players down a couple of points, yet if we had won last night (which we would have comfortably if the ref had let play go on) everyone would be praising them to the high heavens for basically the same performance.

Result - Bit annoying, but it's JPT so definitely don't care.
Performance - Good first half, wilted in the second but completely understandable considering events.

good post. don't agree with all your marks (barnes was a 3 in my book) but do agree with your sentiment. first half we did play okay. basically the ref mucked up, barnes missed 2 sitters, and cox got lucky with goal. game over.

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
I really don't understand all this Barnes-bashing on here. Yesterday he didn't have his greatest game, but once again, he linked up well with Murray upfront and was VERY unlucky not to score when through on goal, with their keeper making a top, top save.

Don't forget, he is only 20, so plenty of time to mature into a good, solid player for us!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bridcutt looked promising, the rest looked like they couldnt be bothered to even be there.

Pityful performance.

Were you facing the pitch?! Agree with cease ider's ratings and mellotron comments. Thought Bridcutt, Barnes, Dicker, smith etc all deserved around a 7. Sick of seeing us not win when we're clearly the better team however I AM glad we're out of this silly competition. Hopefully we'll never play in it again. Surprised to read the attendance, as it was so quiet. Wonder how many would turn up for THAT at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here