Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Leyton Orient - Home -JPT

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Haven't seen any so i will let you exciles know what i thought.

Flappergren - 6 - No chance with the goals, but doesn't fill me with any confidence, poor distribution. Come back Brez!

Calderon - 5 - Looked off the pace for me. Am i the only one who thinks so far this season he's been a shadow of what he was last?
El-Abd - 4 - Poor in the air. Poor passing. Poor Show.
Elphick - 6 - Stayed strong when others around him didn't, but why was he on the floor playing everyone onside for the second goal?
Painter - 6 - Did Ok.

Dicker - 5 - Couple of nice turns but poor passing.
Bridcutt - 6 - Good debut. I'm encouraged by the way he can turn quickly in midfield, was good in the air, just over hit a couple of passes.
Sparrow - 5 - Looked off of the pace.
Bennett - 6 - Some really good crosses, covered well defensively.

Murray - 6 - Untill the penalty he linked well with Barnes.
Barnes - 6 - See above.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ankergren 6
Calderon 6
Elphick 4
El-abd 4
Painter 5
Bennett - 4
Dicker - 5
Bridcutt - 4
Sparrow - 5
Murray - 4
Barnes - 3

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Barnes was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barnes was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch !

Most of the players seemed to be sub-standard last night. I can only presume Gus' pre-match outburst about the value of the JPT got to them. Shame, as I paid good money to see the match.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Most of the players seemed to be sub-standard last night. I can only presume Gus' pre-match outburst about the value of the JPT got to them. Shame, as I paid good money to see the match.

This is it.Manager doesn't want it,players don't want it.................but supporters still go and pay too much money for what adds up to another friendly.

Advice?

Give it a miss next time.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
bridcutt was our best player on show last night, over hit a few passes but at least he seemed to care about the game, his work rate and tackling was excellent!

i would extend his deal till the end of the season just off the back of what i saw last night

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ankergren 6
Calderon 6
Elphick 4
El-abd 4
Painter 5
Bennett - 4
Dicker - 5
Bridcutt - 4
Sparrow - 5
Murray - 4
Barnes - 3

Bennett as a four, you have GOT to be joking.

Ankegren - 5 - really not convinced thought he might have got closer to the second goal, his overall play and distribution that doesn't convince.

Calderon - 5 - poor by his standards although he did have to play centre back for the majority of the second half. Got done by the Dean Cox 'I'm going to cut inside everytime' trick, enough said.

Elphick - 6 - bit of urgency everytime brought the ball out from the back, solid defensively.

Elabd- 4 - and that's being kind. Looked absolutely clueless with the ball at his feet.

Painter - 6 - tried to get forward a lot more than usual even before we were two down.

Bennett - 7 - our best player by a mile. our biggest attacking thread despite being moved to right back in the second half. Could have had 4 assists on another night where there was a half decent striker who could be assed in the box.

Dicker - 5 - solid in a challenge and one outstanding pass in the second half but nothing special.

Bridcutt - 6 - tried to do things a bit early and force the issue but looks promising.

Sparrow - 4 - back to his pre-season anonymity.

Murray - 4 - missed pen, generally looked useless and dived for the pen as well

Barnes - 5 - should have buried a couple of chances in the first half.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ankegren 5 - Nothing could've been done about the goal. Rooted to the spot for the shot that hit the bar though.

Calde 6
Painter 8 - worked his nuts off with basically the whole of the left side of the pitch to cover by himself.
Elphick 9 - Absolutely supreme, did not put a foot wrong
El Abd 6 - Looked very nervous

Bennett 9 - Also completely worked his arse off but KEPT beating two players and putting good cross after good cross in in the second half, unfortunately our strikers at that point were very short.
Dicker 7.5 - Some stunning passes and movement to give himself space on the ball.
Sparrow 6 - Some nice touches but didn't really impose on the game enough
Bridcutt 7 - Was quite impressed, clearly has a good football brain, very fit, and always wanted the ball.

Murray 7 - Standard, won absolutely EVERY header. I've never seen a striker before win EVERY header against giant central defenders. Won the penalty, from where I was sitting it looked like he put it right in the bottom right corner and the goalie pulled out an excellent save. Could be wrong though.
Barnes 6 - Good movement and link up with Murray, wasteful finishing though. Can and will do better
====
Subs

All 7 - Worked hard, not their fault they're short.

====

We were by FAR the better team first half, completely outplayed them, I GENUINELY remember thinking "Orient will not score bar some freakish goal" and that's exactly what happened.

Ultimately two moments decided that game. The ref bringing the game back for a foul when we were completely through on goal and their goalie making a cracking penalty save. Orient offered NOTHING for the entire game. Don't get me wrong we were pretty poor second half, but it was understandable that our players heads had dropped as it was clear it wasn't going to be "our" night.

First half I thought we were better than the second half at Walsall, lots of really smart passing moves, just lacked that killer instinct. I love how if we lose (in slightly freakish circumstances) everyone marks the players down a couple of points, yet if we had won last night (which we would have comfortably if the ref had let play go on) everyone would be praising them to the high heavens for basically the same performance.

Result - Bit annoying, but it's JPT so definitely don't care.
Performance - Good first half, wilted in the second but completely understandable considering events.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Keeper still looks dodgy
Defence were all over place playing in about 3 different formations
Midfield didn't click. Bridcutt gave away the ball with the majority of his passes but he was trying killer through balls everytime he got it
Strikers turned into Barneys

Smith looked good when he came on

We were never going to score with the 3-7-0 formation after Murray and Barnes came off

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ankergren 6
Calderon 6
Elphick 4
El-abd 4
Painter 5
Bennett - 4
Dicker - 5
Bridcutt - 4
Sparrow - 5
Murray - 4
Barnes - 3

Are you mental, Bridcutt - 4? He wanted the ball made some incisive passes and was involved in the good bits of the game. For a first appearance it was very encouraging

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ankegren 5 - Nothing could've been done about the goal. Rooted to the spot for the shot that hit the bar though.

Calde 6
Painter 8 - worked his nuts off with basically the whole of the left side of the pitch to cover by himself.
Elphick 9 - Absolutely supreme, did not put a foot wrong
El Abd 6 - Looked very nervous

Bennett 9 - Also completely worked his arse off but KEPT beating two players and putting good cross after good cross in in the second half, unfortunately our strikers at that point were very short.
Dicker 7.5 - Some stunning passes and movement to give himself space on the ball.
Sparrow 6 - Some nice touches but didn't really impose on the game enough
Bridcutt 7 - Was quite impressed, clearly has a good football brain, very fit, and always wanted the ball.

Murray 7 - Standard, won absolutely EVERY header. I've never seen a striker before win EVERY header against giant central defenders. Won the penalty, from where I was sitting it looked like he put it right in the bottom right corner and the goalie pulled out an excellent save. Could be wrong though.
Barnes 6 - Good movement and link up with Murray, wasteful finishing though. Can and will do better
====
Subs

All 7 - Worked hard, not their fault they're short.

====

We were by FAR the better team first half, completely outplayed them, I GENUINELY remember thinking "Orient will not score bar some freakish goal" and that's exactly what happened.

Ultimately two moments decided that game. The ref bringing the game back for a foul when we were completely through on goal and their goalie making a cracking penalty save. Orient offered NOTHING for the entire game. Don't get me wrong we were pretty poor second half, but it was understandable that our players heads had dropped as it was clear it wasn't going to be "our" night.

First half I thought we were better than the second half at Walsall, lots of really smart passing moves, just lacked that killer instinct. I love how if we lose (in slightly freakish circumstances) everyone marks the players down a couple of points, yet if we had won last night (which we would have comfortably if the ref had let play go on) everyone would be praising them to the high heavens for basically the same performance.

Result - Bit annoying, but it's JPT so definitely don't care.
Performance - Good first half, wilted in the second but completely understandable considering events.

Don't know if you are on a wind up but I agree with what you have written. Maybe the marks are bit OTT but no where near as bad as some on here would have you believe. We owned the first half and should have scored. They scored a freak goal on the break and then put 10 behind the ball

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not on a wind up Rookie. It's so boring and childish "oh we lost so we MUST'VE played sh*t."

First half we were...*whisper it*...very good. Second half our heads dropped. Perhaps I've gone a bit high with some marks but I had a think about it and I really can't fault Elphicks or Bennett's performances.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also if the players "didn't care" can someone explain to me Calderon throwing his whole body in the way of that shot in the second half? John Terry-esque.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can't be arsed with rating all of them - suffice to say Bridcutt looked very comfortable in the middle, always made himself available, and when he calmed down from trying to play the killer pass each time, kept it simple. Not bad for a first match with little preparation time.

Big shout for Dicker too who was also good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We could've really done with our 3 new signings coming on in the 2nd half.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Ankegren: 6

Calderon: 6
El-Abd: 6
Elphick: 7
Painter: 7

Bennett: 8
Sparrow: 6
Dicker: 7
Bridcutt: 8