Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings- Hull (H)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wayne Bridge. The most dependable full back I've seen.
Dean Hammond. Does the spade work that others can't/wont.
Craig Mackail-Smith. :facepalm:
Vicente and Kuszczack. Match winners.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak 8
Bruno 6
Bridge 6
El-Abd 7
Upson 7
Lopez 6
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 7
Orlandi 6
Mackail-Smith 4
Ulloa 7

Vicente 7
Buckley 6
Calderon N/A

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No need to mark anyone higher stss30. whilst it was a good game to win tonight, your marks are ridiculously high. With scores that high I would expect to win comfortably 4 or 5 nil.

Your average score is what? 8/10?

Hammond 7.5? CMS 8?

Normally they would be MOM scores.

Nice to win and I enjoyed it but those marks.........

edit: you did mark PIG low though.

I'd disagree. I thought it was a great team performance against one of the best teams in the league. Because we nicked a goal doesn't mean it wasn't a good performance and we got lucky.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszscak 10
Bruno 6
Bridge 6
ElAbd 7
Upson 7
David 6
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 6
Orlandi 6
CMS 6
Ulloa 6

Vicente 7
Buckley 5
Calderon 6

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Anyone giving Hammond more than a 4 needs to watch another sport as they clearly have no clue about Football.

Was gutted when he was dropped recently after stringing together some good performances

BUT

last night he was woeful , SLOW and off the pace , his passing was non existent he really was poor and should not have come out for second half.......

so agree,worst ive ever seen him play,like you thought he was doing well before xmas,but should of come off within 30 mins

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Kuszczak-8.5-Great performance, especially after a couple of mistakes in the past couple of weeks. 2 Superb saves in the 2nd half
Bruno-8.5-Great on hiss return, Hull got little joy on his side and he provided attacking threat down the wing
Upson-8-Solid poerformance
AEA-9-MOTM-I'll hold my hands up, I've been critical of him recently but today he was absolutely superb I thought.
Bridge-8-Good performance against their most dangerous player
Bridcutt-9-Great as usual
Hammond-7.5-Solid defensively but a bit slow at moving the ball on today
Lopez-7.5-Decent but a few misplaced passes
Orlandi-8-Really bossed the midfield in the first half but a poor miss in the 2nd
CMS-8-Thought he did pretty well today
Ulloa-7.5-Thought he went down a bit too easily at times but is good in the air

Vicente-9-Changed the game completely
Buckley-8-Didn't see that much of the ball but looked threatening
Calderon-N/A

I only watched on TV (Obviously) but thought Adam seems to have cut out a lot of his petty fouling at corners etc or is that just me?

Think you are a little generous. We weren't that good.Maybe knock 1 off all except Kuszczak and Orlandi.

Thought Hammond was a 6 though

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tomasz 9.5 - MOM very assured with the easy stuff, and topped it off with 2 match saving saves.
Bruno 6.5 - at times very effective coming forward, but equally as often decided not to track back. Mixed bag.
Bridge 6.5 - didn't get much chance to bomb forward, and was founding wanting for pace in the first half. Some misplaced passing as well.
AEA 8.5 - Won everything in the air, and was constantly harrying their forwards. Great assist for the goal.
Upson 7.5 - Did exactly what we want from him. Solid at the back, confident with the ball at his feet, and brought it out well. A couple of lovely long passes to CMS as well.
Lopez 7.0 - not his most influential game for us, but swapped from mid to full back easily allowing the formation change second half. Always oozes class.
Hammond 5.0 - for me, was the weak link in our attacking play first half, as his slowness of thought stopped any momentum whenever he got the ball. Bottled a few challenges as well.
Bridcutt 6.0 - not his best game for us. Unusually was pushed off the ball a few times, and was less effective that usual in breaking up play.
Orlandi 7.0 - glaring miss aside had another good game. Not as spectacular as other matches, but kept up ticking over, with close skill and good passing.
CMS 5.5 - another poor game by his standards. Seems to be totally lacking confidence. Epitomised by a move in the second half, after Buckley had been introduced. He got the ball (I think from Ulloa) and had Buckley running down the wing, and Ulloa through the centre, but decided to pundit long down the middle to the keeper. Odd.
Ulloa 7.5 - was strong and played the central striker role well. Didn't get a sniff off a chance. Would like to see how he fares with better crosses, as very few beat the first man, or were along the ground.

Vicente 7.5 - mixed performance. Seemed off sorts when he came on, and kept giving the ball away, even near our goal. Once he got up to speed was very good.
Buckley n/a
Calderon n/a

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuzsczak - 9

Bruno - 7
El-Abd - 7
Upson - 7
Bridge - 7

Bridcutt - 7
Lopez - 6
Hammond - 5
Orlandi - 7

CMS - 6
Ulloa - 7

Vicente - 9
Buckley - 6
Calderon - 6

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder what the ratings would have been had the score been 0-0?

I thought we were the better team in first half, but Hull edged it in the second. However we took our chance and won ugly.

Cardiff are the form team in this division, but have only scored 8 goals in the last 8 matches, however they have won 6 and drawn 2 of them. If we keep clean sheets then we will have a chance of making a bit more progress.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'd disagree. I thought it was a great team performance against one of the best teams in the league. Because we nicked a goal doesn't mean it wasn't a good performance and we got lucky.

This. Good team performance against a side with an exemplary away record.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuszczak 9. Couple of great saves to keep us in the game. Good throughout.
Bruno 7. OK.
El Abd 8. Strong performance with some great blocks.
Upson 8. Good performance.
Bridge 7. Not his best, but up against a good player.
Bridcutt 9. Superb as usual.
Hammond 8. Played very well, I thought.
Spanish Dave 7. Love his versatility.
Orlandi 8. Great game. Loses a point for that miss.
Ulloa 8. Good strong performance. Great addition to the team.
CMS 3. Crap. Give that role to Hoskins.
Subs:
Vicente 7. Would have been a 5 if he hadn't scored. Needs more games. Gave the ball away far too much early on.
Calderon 7. Good sub decision.
Buckley 5. Really contributed very little.

Gus 7 for playing two strikers, but loses points for a) persisting with CMS, and b) not starting with Buckley or KLL.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tomasz 10
Bruno 6
Bridge 7
AEA 8
Upson 7
Lopez 7
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 8
Orlandi 6
CMS 6
Ulloa 7

Vicente 9
Buckley 8

Reflects what was a truly dreadful first half that sparked in to life later.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Based on the TFLS highlights, it looked like a pretty robust performance from us. Great shot from Spanish Dave in first half and 2 absolutely fantastic saves from Kuszczak in the second half. Much needed after a bit of an off spell. Scintillating pass by Vicente for the chance Orlandi should have buried and great work from El-Abd for the goal. Very happy with the win. Hull are a good team (especially away) and I was fully expecting a defeat to be honest.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Tomas -10- MOTM. Some great saves today. Coped with everything thrown at him
Bruno -6- gave us a good outlet on the Wing
El Abd -9- defended amazingly today. Got stuck in. Typical El abd performance
Upson -7- forming a good partnership with El Abd. Maybe backs off too much
Bridge -6- had to give us width as well because our line up was very narrow
Bridcutt -7- got stuck in well. And always broke up play
Hammond -3- slow, backwards and just not up to it
Orlandi -6- missed a sitter! Should have show more composure. Kept looking to hit Ulloa instead of playing easy ball
David -7- good versatile filling in a number of positions
CMS -4- a lot of energy but that's about it.
Ulloa -6- can hold up ball well but doesn't look match fit

Vicente -8- magical pass to find bridge in lead up to Orlandi chance. Portsmouthesqe freekick
Buckley -6- game passed him by
Calde -NA- not on long enough

Gotta pretty much agree with these.

How the OP rated Hammond and CMS so high I'll never know!

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Tomas - 9- great performance.
Bruno - 6.5 good going forward but allowed a few too many crosses to get whipped in.
El Abd and Upson - 9 complimented each other well and kept it tight.
Bridge - 7 - Anonymous going forward but kept a watchful eye on hulls most dangerous player.

Bridders - 9 standard.
Hammond - 6 struggled to impose him self.
Orlandi - 8.5 very important , good quick feet to win the fk for Vicente.
David - 6.5 similar to Hammond but got a good shot away.
CMS - 7 work hard as always but lacked confidence
Ulloa - 7.5 still learning the league but gave CB's a lot to think about.

Vicente - 8.5 took a while to get up to speed but was sublime when we needed him.
Buckley - 8 he did what he needed too. Went passed his man , moved the ball on, Orlandi foul , goal. Then he wasn't needed anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here