Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Coventry Away

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I wasn't there, and only listened to about 6 minutes on the radio, but I did have my iphone on and checked the score a few times over the afternoon, so seem to fit the average NSC bill for passing judgement.

Ankergren - 2 Let in two goals. Must leave now and get a new keeper.
Greer - 3 Centre half and captain and we lost. Time to move him on
Dunk - 1 Got booked. Not clever and not big
El-Abd - 1 Dunno if he played out of position or not, so I'll give him 1 to be safe
Taricco - 3 He's 39 you know.
Navarro - 1 Scouser. Enough said, Probably spent all afternoon trying nick the refs whistle, hence booking
Sparrow - 2 Shoot cock Robin. Not nice.
Noone - 0. yes Zero. How can you give any other rating to a player who pulled a hammy with our injury crisis. Completely thoughtless of him
Harley - 1 Is he Welsh?
Mackail-Smith - 1 Striker who didn't score a goal. BURN HIM!!!
Paynter - 1 We all knew he was a wrongen. Send him back to Barnsley with a flea in his ear.

Poyet - 1 Clearly should have been aware that we would have 9 or 10 players out for this game back in August, and should have prepared for it then

The Ref - 0 **** ( I presume)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
on my way home and a couple of them marks arn't far off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For the record, if people who were actually at the game would like to post their scores in this thread, I'll add them to my tally (with respect, Mr B, I won't include yours).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
On my way home:

Ankergren - 4

Dunk - 4
Greer - 5
El Abd - 5
Tarrico - 5

Noone - 6
Spaz - 5
Navs - 5
Harley - 2

Paynter - 1
CMS - 5

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
On my way home:

Ankergren - 4

Dunk - 4
Greer - 5
El Abd - 5
Tarrico - 5

Noone - 6
Spaz - 5
Navs - 5
Harley - 2

Paynter - 1
CMS - 5

What would you give LuaLua, Buckley and Forster-Caskey when they came on?

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Ankergren - 4 - second goal, have to laugh at how shit he was! pathetic

taricco - 5
greer - 6
dunk - 6
el abd - 4

noone - 6
harley - 5
sparrow - 6
navarro - 5

paynter -6
cms - 5

lualua - 7
caskey - 6
buckley - 5

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ankergren - 3
Tanno - 6
Greer - 4
Dunk - 5
El-Abd - 5
Sparrow -6
Navarro -6
Harley -6
Noone-7.5
Paynter -5
cms 4

Forster C -7 looked very good
Kas - 7
Buckley - 5

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ankergren - 2
Tanno - 6
Greer - 5
Dunk - 5
El-Abd - 5
Sparrow - 4
Navarro - 4
Harley - 3
Noone- 7
Paynter - 4
cms - 5

Forster C - 6
Kas - 7
Buckley - 6

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The averages will slip down a bit when Russ posts his ratings later on this evening.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thought only 2 players deserved over 6,noone,and lua lua when he came on.,crap game,crap atmosphere,crap result,was some very poor performances today,

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Noone and Lualua when he came on were the only players who really looked like creating a chance. Don't think the 3-5-2 formation worked at all either. Became more like 5 at the back as our wing backs got pushed deeper and deeper.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Casper 4: Looks very uncertain on crosses, beaten (by a good shot) from 20+ yards for the first goal, and indirectly caused the second with an unnecessary FISTING for the second. One excellent save late on.
El Abd 3: Another embarrassing feigning of injury to try to get opponent booked, backed off, and off, and off against McSheffery for the first.
Tano 5: Looks classy on the ball as always and they still can't beat him for pace, BUT...........he is assistant manager and should show some maturity. Got into a scrap at half time with Cov's number 8 and such theatrics not needed at present.
Greer 4: Nearly gave Cov 2 goals with passes directly to them, defended the line well otherwise.
Dunk 4: Again gave possession away in our third, unnecessary yellow card, you might get an unlucky one or two in a season.........but TEN in 20 matches is ridiculous.
Sparrow 5: Didn't notice him, but at least he broke forwards to support CMS when possible.
Noone 3: When you are the last man back, don't try to drop the shoulder and dribble past an opponent. Looked good going forward but responsible for a goal.
Harley 4: The only player who can unlock the opposition defence, has vision and skill BUT dead ball delivery was poor and he is clearly the target of the boo boys because (in the words of one salad dodger sitting behind me) he doesn't put in any 'effort'.
Navarro 5: Tried to cover every inch of the pitch, ridiculous booking for taking a free kick quickly. Ultimately struggles to impose himself against bigger and more athletic opponents.
Paynter 3: Had a shot in first half, won little in the air, and less on the floor.
CMS 4: One on one against keeper in first half and shot straight at him, won nothing in air, had half chance in second half but put it into Row Z.

Subs: KLL 6: Direct, beats defenders, needs the ball
Buckley 5: Similar to KLL but some poor touches
Forster Caskey 5: Got stuck in, but overrun at times and a few unforced errors.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Ankergren - 5
Tanno - 4
Greer - 6
Dunk - 6
El-Abd - 6
Sparrow -5
Navarro -5
Harley -5
Noone-8
Paynter -4
cms 5

Forster C -7
Kas - 7
Buckley - 5

A different formation and for that reason I would not want to slate the player. Defensively, we looked ok, the problem was a lack of support from the central midfield section (we missed Bridcutt). In addition, we only had one outlet in Noone. We should have started with Lua Lua instead of Tarrico and put them under more pressure from the off.
I thought Harley was no worse than any other of the central midfield, though his set piece delivery was shocking and I think this was the reason for the boos.

I think we have got to a stage now where one or two youngsters like Caskey should be given a go, he certainly showed strength and hunger.

Supply to CMS is almost not existent and he is not taking the few chances that come his way, the route of our problem is finding 2 players to fill the midfield with Bridcutt.

Not looking forward to Monday. :down:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Only positive of today was the stadium is nice and the traffic was not bad at all. As follows:

Casper 4 - you are allowed to catch it Casper! One great save in second half though.
Tano 4 - McSheffrey himself said he could not believe Tano allowed him to cross for the second goal. Should not be playing this number of games, better filling in.
El Abd 4 - better at centre back, not a full back, exposed
Greer 4 - his worst game for ages, all over the place and backed off for the first goal
Dunk 4 - woeful today, looked a player worth 5p not £5m. Best period was when he got forward up the left hand side in the first half.
Sparrow 6 - our best midfielder today, thought he played okay and at least ran and tried to get things going
Navarro 5 - good first half, awful second
Harley 4 - wasted several good dead ball situations although one or two good crosses and moments. A luxury player at the moment.
Noone 7 - played well and fouled several times in the first half. Our most potent threat until KLL. Hope the injury is not serious. Mc Sheffrey said he was a very good player on the local radio.
Paynter 4 - started first half well but after 20 minutes, he was woeful and won nothing in the air.
Mackail Smith 4 - not one of his better games. In the central defender's pockets and wasted a good first half chance.

Subs:

Buckley 5 (Tano) - a couple of good crosses but defenders matched him for pace and outmuscled him
KLL 8 (Noone) - a real threat, put in several great crosses nobody got on the end of
Jake F-C 6 (Harley) - brief appearance for Harley after game was lost, not enough time to shine

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Accepted he gave the ball away for the 1st goal but we were in deep in their half. If one of the players who got back and McSheffrey shot past had taken him out, it would not have been an issue. noone was the only player who looked likely to score or create a goal, backed up by the fact he was kicked off the pitch.
Maybe I was a little generous, but he was at least our MOM.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ankergren - 3
El Abd - 5
Dunk - 5
Greer - 5
Taricco - 4
Harley - 2
Sparrow - 5
Navarro - 5
Noone - 4
Paynter - 2
Mackail-Smith - 4

Buckley - 4
LuaLua - 7
Forster-Caskey - 6

Poyet - 3

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Whole team deserve f*** all for that pathetic shit i saw today,all were as shit as each other,take away the 9 points we got lucky to win, forest,derby,coventry,and we would be looking at relegation fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here