Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Colchester

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Saw him come over but didn't see the beating of the chest...

Was it "King Kong" stylee or "bashing the club crest on his chest with pride" stylee ??

a bit of both rather grabbing his badge at first... then it turned into a pounding of his chest.

Marvelous scenes... and no i didn't get a video..

slightly off topic.. anyone know the official away attendance yet?

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I thought Owusu was poor today. I'd have subbed him before he scored the goal - shows how little I know.

I thought Owusu was poor on Saturday as well. I'm warming to Davies, he is definitely a trier and I think once he gets a goal he will get a few more. I would have started with Davies and Hart.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
cox mom in my opinion,his set pieces actually beat the first man for starters:thumbsup:

Halle-f***ing-lujah! :clap2:

'Tis great to see that Coxy is finally showing us that he can really make a very important, creative, & match-winning contribution (& 2 games in-a-row, if y'all please, apart from the last bit..). So, keep your arse in gear son. You - perhaps above everyone else - can keep us up this year: but only if you continue to give it your best.

Let's AVIT! :thumbsup:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think that Slade is getting the best out of Cox, who failed to shine under Adams

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair he has never been able to take a decent corner under any of our managers! The last few games his set pieces have been top notch. Good work from Slade it would seem! :thumbsup:

Practicing corners and free kicks isn't exactly rocket science. Why the hell does it take his fourth (or whatever it is) manager to communicate this most basic requirement to him? If the guy's a professional footballer and if he is one of the designated corner/free kick takers, then the twat should have been practicing them daily for years.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Kuipers - 7 - couple good saves , commanded the box , kicking good
Whing - 6 - ok
Virgo - 5 - hoofed it alot and way too slow
Elphick - 7 - Solid, loved the passion after the goal and at the end
Borrowdale - 6 - good on the ball
Loft - 6 - not bad
Fraser - 6 - i like him , always have , lost the ball a bit but held his hands up
Dicker - 6 - first time i seen him play and didnt notice him , maybe thats a good thing
Cox - 8 MOM - def sorted out the set pieces (thank f***) very dangerous 2nd half

Owusu - 6 - not bad , didnt hold ball up as well as id have liked
Hart - 7 - i had written him off , not after yesterday, seemed to really galvanise everybody with his spirit, well done OGH

Andrew - 7 - impressed, that diving header onto a defenders boot was pure quality and exactly what we need. real fight, strength and passion
Davies - 7 - dangerous, made couple good chances for himself , showed passion , the goals will come and we will love him
El-Abd - 5- looked a bit shaky

slade - 8 good passion and i thought changing the front 2 was a great substitution as they were tiring and to put davies and andrew up there kept the forward momentum

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Subs:
Andrew 7: For those who say that loan players don't try, the sight of him diving full length for a header with a centre half's boot inches away would prove them wrong.
Found it.

0,,10424~5743485,00.jpg

:clap2:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Found it.

0,,10424~5743485,00.jpg

:clap2:

That was so impressive not just chasing his own pass from one side of the pitch to the other but then flingin himself at the ball by the first defender but then getting up and repeating the action again by throwing his head into the next defenders foot.

Really got the fans going.

Anyone know if and when the local telly channels play the goals from yesterday, need to see the Owusu header and subsequent celebrations again, to cheer up this grey Tuesday.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Kuipers - 7 - Didn't have all that much to do but made some nice saves

Whing - 8 - Typical Whingy performance.
Virgo - 6 - Poor in first half was sick at half time and was better in 2nd played through illness.
Elphick - 7 - Solid, and didn't look like making a mistake
Borrowdale - 7.5 - Great cross for the goal, brilliant defensively and some nice touches

Loft - 7 - Got Forward and played very well
Fraser - 6.5 - Works Hard but not sure if quality is there
Dicker - 6 - Not sure about him but decent display
Cox - 8.5 MOM - Brilliant 2nd half, and dare I say it, some decent crossing, couldn't deal with him

Owusu - 7 - Poor for him but got the winner
Hart - 8 - It's Gary Hart what else do i need to say?

Andrew - 7 - Good In The Air,
Davies - 6 - Could Have Scored But Worked Hard
El-Abd - N/A - Come on late.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
about bloody time, over the last few seasons our set pieces have been fcuking awful, most of the time not getting past the first defender

Cox's improvement since Slade arrived is no coincidence. As for his crosses methinks that Adams was obsessed with corners to the near post and there's a very fine dividing line between success and failure. You see crap near post corners all the time on TV, even in the premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here