Sparrow. 6
Bridcutt. 6
Dicker. 6
Wood. 6
Murray. 10.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Ankegren - 8, Some great saves and handling on the night

Calderon - 0, Silly tackle in the wrong position of the pitch, such rating confirms I thought it was a sending off in a needless position
Greer - 6, not his best, sucked himself out of position a few times, still in an average to low Greer is still a quality player
El-Abd - 6, all over the place first half positionionly but a solid second half with some important interceptions
Painter - 6, did not shine, did not fault, a solid display

Bennett - 9, This guys just continually adapts to what his asked of him, team talk out of the window and asked to play at full back, did everything right, took a card when he needed to!
Sparrow - 4, 90 minutes of marking space and not much else, not a game designed for sparrow to shine in
Dicker - 6, tried to get on the ball but did not react well to being closed down quickly, worked hard though!
Bridcutt - 7, sharp on the ball, tried to off load quickly given they clamped the space, up and down well, a good performance. A fringe player to me that has done well when asked to come in and do a job!

Murray - 9, goal, winning free kicks, intelligent, holds up the play...............in fact most of the things that Wood is not
Wood - 5, not for me I am afraid, know he is young but does not have the football intelligence to know what to do in given situations, Barnes back in please and see what other options we can find away from Wood.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Casper 7

Calderon - n/a
El Abd - 8
Greer - 7
Painter - 6
Elliot - 8
Sparrow - 6
Bridcutt - 7
Dicker - 6
Murray - 9
Wood - 7

I agree with the above, with maybe a half point more for Dicker & Sparrow. I thought Painter had a relatively poor game - not just for giving away the penalty, but he seemed to lack a bit of spark. His dive when bombing forward (on around 75 mins I think) was woeful & he was lucky not to get booked for it.
Murray was immense - ran himself into the ground (I thought he would be subbed off when Barnes & Kish came on), great touch with his back to goal, linked up play well and topped it off with the goal. I really hope he stays and plays like that every week.
El Abd was a collossus!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloody hell some of these ratings are ridiculous. 4 for Sparrow are you mental.
We had 10 men against apparently one of the best sides in the league and we came out the better team. Not a single player on that pitch deserves anything less than a 7. And as for Murray well he was immense

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Seems to have gone un-noticed.............I'd give Gus 11 , for not panicking after the sending off, sacrificing a striker, like so many managers would have done, so masterminding the brilliant work by all the ten men , whom I would give a collective 8 . Yes , there were individual errors, but all in all, given the hand they were dealt, thought the whole team were magnificent !

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bloody hell some of these ratings are ridiculous. 4 for Sparrow are you mental.
We had 10 men against apparently one of the best sides in the league and we came out the better team. Not a single player on that pitch deserves anything less than a 7. And as for Murray well he was immense

Completely agree. I thought we were fantastic last night and all 10 players did their bit after Calderon was sent off. Greer, El Abd and Murray were the best players but they all did really well and to give anyone a 4 or 5 as some people have done is ludicrous. Have our expectations gone up that much?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Am I the only person who thought Greer's passing was shocking? His early way ward pass allowed Charlton to gain possesion, win a penalty, and score.

If you are going to slag off a player, at least blame them for something they actually did. Overall, Greer was immense last night as was El Abd and they are forming a great partnership. Can't believe that some people were actually at the game.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Seems to have gone un-noticed.............I'd give Gus 11 , for not panicking after the sending off, sacrificing a striker, like so many managers would have done, so masterminding the brilliant work by all the ten men , whom I would give a collective 8 . Yes , there were individual errors, but all in all, given the hand they were dealt, thought the whole team were magnificent !

Exactly, how many times is there a sending off followed immediately by a substitution?

Gus was superb and his touchline histrionics are marvellous to watch.

Have to say though, Murray was the best player on the pitch by such a margin it was unbelievable. As for El-Abd, he was all over the place for about half an hour but after our goal and in particular in the second half he turned into an absolute monster.

For me its:

Ankergren: 8 Made some great saves but still struggles to make catches at first attempt. 8 alone from the blind save he made from their freekick.
Painter: 6 Crossing was horrid at times but solid enough
Greer: 7 Solid
El Abd: 8 See above comments.
Calderon: Not on long enough but 0 for the silly sending off
Bennett: 8 Wonderful job at right back, made some really telling tackles. Proved what I have long thought, that he is a complete player.
Dicker: 8 Solid and some great passes
Sparrow: 7 Solid
Bridcutt: 6.5 (The extra .5 for the goalline clearance but gave the ball away SO often in the first half)
Wood: 7 Probably needs another month with us but won't get a look in if we get a proper finisher in.
Murray: 9 Brilliant in defensive work, superb in his linkup up play and a majestic finish to top it off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, it looked to me that Ankergren took him down but was given little choice due to a sleepy defence.

I thought that when I saw it, but seeing replays on ssn last night, it was painter that caught him, though I think if painter didn't take him down, Casper would have looking at the way he was throwing his arm out.

I am honestly astounded by such hiigh marks for Casper. His handling in the first half was terrible. Every time he tried to catch it he dropped the ball, costing us an unnecessary corner when we were already under pressure, and at other times causing panic. He kept diving far too soon, putting himself out of position, which only didn't cost us because Charlton put the ball wide. In the second half he was again rash and out of position on a couple of occasiuons, which again only didn't cost us because Charlton put the ball (narrowly) wide, and in one instance because Bridcutt got back on the line. He made a good save from the free kick, and the moment where he just stood with the ball at his feet was genius, but no way does he deserve the 8s or 9s some have given him. I'd say 7 was being generous. He got very lucky for some things, but other than that he did enough.

Calde's was a definite red. How anyone can argue is beyond me.

In those first 5-10 minutes Charlton were all over us, they started like a house on fire, and I thought it was going to be a rout when we went down to 10 men.

After those first 10 minuts, Charlton seemed to back off.

For the first 25mins we weren't at the races, passes going astray, no communication, no alertness we constantly lost the ball because no one was aware they were being closed down or no one warned each other.

Chris Wood was the first I noticed to get into the game, while he didn't move mountains, he managed to keep the ball, turn his man and make progress up the field, which in the early stages was a bit of an achievement ofr our team. After those first 25 minutes the rest of the team started to get into it and from then on we pretty much controlled the game. Immense performance from all the outfield players, and I think they could take more from that game than they could if we had won with 11 men.

While we're praising Gus for not panicking and making subs, I think we need to praise the whole coaching staff, and fitness coaches because Charlton made all three subs before we made out first on 86 minutes, and we still controlled the game.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Ankergren 7 - Good save from free-kick and generally pretty good despite a few dodgy handling moments. Could he have saved the penalty?

Calderon - I knew he was off the moment he went in. Trying to make a bit of a statement of intent and in my opinion, deserved the red.

El-Abd 9 - Didn't put a foot wrong. Absolutely stunning tackle when Charlton were breaking in the second half. The first name on the teamsheet for me. Outstanding.

Greer 7 - Mostly very solid but for a few moments of indecision. Really like him as a captain and he has a real presence on the pitch.

Painter 7 - Typically solid performance, got forward on the odd occasion as well.

Bennett 7 - Defended very well, amazing how he can adapt to full-back so easily. However, in attack not so good. Crossing generally pretty poor, which is unlike Bennett.

Dicker 6 - Have seen him play much better. The most confident player on the ball that we have, but he got found out a few times today which was not ideal with 10 men. Still really pleased to see him getting a run in the team because he is a great player.

Bridcutt 8 - Only saw him against FCUM before this and really like the look of him. Strong on the ball and provides a bit of tenacity in the middle. Great to have someone just in front of the defence to pick the ball up and get us going.

Sparrow 5 - Not his type of game I feel. A really positive player who tries to make things happen, but a little bit quiet.

Wood 6 - Some good things, a good header and a great chest to Murray in the second half. Lacks a bit of pace but looks like a decent enough player. Would like to see more of him.

Murray 9 (MOM) - An absolute master at winning free kicks, just stands there and waits to get barged over. Superb finish, brilliant work-rate, great awareness. Murray is a huge player to us. I don't get it when people accept the idea of him leaving in Jan, we need to keep players like Glenn to go where we want to go. Delighted to hear in the interview that he wants to stay.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think we've got 4 gems in our squad: Bridcutt who was class, did a lot of running and covering, not bad in the tackles (bar that shocking one) and looked very very able. Dicker who was just amazing and his ability to keep the ball glued to his feet is amazing. El-abd who had an absolute stunner, he's well on his way to a POTS fight with our fourth gem: Bennett who showed again his versatility. Third time i can think of that he's played right back/right wing in one and 2nd time i've seen it my self and he is simply amazing at it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
its mad how the ratings are so different!

They're not really.... think everyone agrees both Murray and El-Abd were outstanding, but a great all-round team performance in the circumstances.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Where all these 7s and even 8s for Dicker are coming from is beyond me. I thought he had an absolute nightmare. I'm one of his biggest fans and he has been phenominal this year but last night he was very poor. It went downhill from the moment his terrible touch gifted Charlton the chance to attack and win a penalty, and looked like that sapped his confidence.

My ratings are as followed:

Ankergren 8 - Tremendous save from that second half free kick and didn't put a foot wrong.

Calderon 6 - Slightly inlucky with the sending off (yet to see it on TV) but you can't jump into tackles like that.
El-Abd 9 - Absolutely OUTSTANDING last night and was my MOM, even though Murray was also excellent. Superb tackle when Charlton were breaking in the second half.
Greer 7 - Pretty solid if not totally convincing.
Painter 7 - Solid.

Bennett 8 - His workrate and set-piece delivery were brilliant, looks equally at home on the wing or at right back.
Bridcutt 7 - Composed on the ball as ever, increasingly turning into a mainstay of the midfield.
Dicker 5 - For the reasons stated above, despite a couple of brighter moments at times in the second half.
Sparrow 6 - Struggled to influence the game but good workrate and attempted to break forward as much as possible.

Wood 8 - Worked incredibly hard without much reward. Held the ball up well - best game I've seen him have so far.
Murray 9 - Great workrate and fantastic goal, can't wait to see it again. Almost the complete performance.

then and now

Jan 16, 2010
Every player 10/10 to play for 83 mins and keep control, mental concentration ect well done to everyone that has kept us top of the league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here