Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton vs Burnley

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mostly agree with this, especially Duffy who I wouldn’t be bothered if I saw in the stripes again after that. Made worse by the fact he was SHITE today too, VanDyke might get away with acting like that but not Duffy.
8 is a little generous for McAllister and 5 generous for Welbeck who I thought was the 2nd worst player on the pitch for us today.

Agree about Duffy. Total prick. The sooner he leaves the better.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mostly agree with this, especially Duffy who I wouldn’t be bothered if I saw in the stripes again after that. Made worse by the fact he was SHITE today too, VanDyke might get away with acting like that but not Duffy.
8 is a little generous for McAllister and 5 generous for Welbeck who I thought was the 2nd worst player on the pitch for us today.

Agree about Duffy. Total prick. The sooner he leaves the better.

Harsh. He was very poor today but has made some great performances this season. I'm sure he'll bounce back from this.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
What a strange game Would never be surprised to see Burnley sitting back and getting a win but never expected to see us outplayed like that. As our most skillful player that can do something different would never leave Trossard out at home. Moder has been our best attacker in no 10 role for last few games and most likely to score so what does Potter do. Plays him out wide. Very strange. Think for this one as team as a whole we were so poor so blame must go to Potter and maybe praise to Dyche. Most disappointing thing was was no improvement in 2nd half
Sanchez 4
Lamptey 4 very poor defending and didnt get a look in upfront
Duffy 4 Hope we dont see this CB pairing again
Veltman 4 As above
Cucurella 5 Poor defending just a little better than Lampty going forward.
Bissouma 5 One player that could have lifted us but didnt
Moder 4 Contributed little but why wasnt he in no 10 role where he has looked outstanding
Mac 5 Contributed little
Lalana 4 Game passed him by
Welbeck 5 Contributed little but always have sympathy for forwards when midfielders dont get near
Maupay 5 As above

Whilst I'd shift a few of those 4s up to 5, these are the closest markings to what I saw with nobody playing well and many badly. I wouldn't blame Potter for that and don't think team selection or tactics played a major part. That said, we should be stronger with Dunk and Webster back for the Villa match. The way they play suits us much more than the way Burnley do, and I'm confident, especially with this stinker behind us, that we'll play well vs. Villa.

We don't often play badly, and of course it would be Burnley when we did.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Harsh. He was very poor today but has made some great performances this season. I'm sure he'll bounce back from this.

Picking a fight with Sanchez is inexcusable…..especially when your own performance is so poor.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Agree - but I think some credit to Burnley, they really did well in preventing both Cuca and Lampts doing their thing. Missing Dunk and Webster was huge today - I thought both Veltman and Duffy struggled. I do wonder if Dunk hadn't been incorrectly sent off and suspended if the result would have been different. That decision has really cost us.

i thought the same , completely disorganised at the back with Duffy and Cucurella getting in each others way for 2 of the goals , Veltmans deflection was fairly tragic and took me back to our first season in the premier when we were frequently subject to tragic defending , i think it';s only fair to give the whole team a blanket 4.75 as for some strange reason , although we did try , Burnley just made us look like a load of sunday league norberts , let's hope that's got out of our system because it was dire, the worst for years.

Picking a fight with Sanchez is inexcusable…..especially when your own performance is so poor.

Seriously I think you got which player gobbed off first at the other one in an unprofessional manner totally the wrong way round. Would Sanchez have tried that BS on with Dunk or Webster? Or did he see an opportunity to blame a squad player for his own failure to command a clearance? Duffy has done too much for the club to be treated by a relatively inexperienced player like that.

Also note the decision on the captaincy that Potter made AFTER seeing that incident

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez 5
Cucurella 5
Veltman 5
Duffy 5
Lamptey 5
McAllister 6
Bissouma 5
Lallana 6
Moder 6
Welbeck 5
Maupay 6

March 6
Trossard 5
Ferguson N/A

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seriously I think you got which player gobbed off first at the other one in an unprofessional manner totally the wrong way round. Would Sanchez have tried that BS on with Dunk or Webster? Or did he see an opportunity to blame a squad player for his own failure to command a clearance? Duffy has done too much for the club to be treated by a relatively inexperienced player like that.

Also note the decision on the captaincy that Potter made AFTER seeing that incident

I don’t care who “gobbed off” first, or who Potter made captain. What Duffy did was unacceptable and unprofessional, it didn’t do anything for our cause and played into Burnley’s hand. If his own game was acceptable then maybe I could reconcile his actions easier…but he played like a pub player, seemed to be distracted most of the time and also argued with a number of our players and could have got a red towards the end. All things considered I will prefer it if he found another club.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don’t care who “gobbed off” first, or who Potter made captain. What Duffy did was unacceptable and unprofessional, it didn’t do anything for our cause and played into Burnley’s hand. If his own game was acceptable then maybe I could reconcile his actions easier…but he played like a pub player, seemed to be distracted most of the time and also argued with a number of our players and could have got a red towards the end. All things considered I will prefer it if he found another club.

and then with Dunk sidelined , Webster injured and BDB on his merry way , whom , precisely do you put at CB .....Solly...?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and then with Dunk sidelined , Webster injured and BDB on his merry way , whom , precisely do you put at CB .....Solly...?

Isn’t Dunk available for the next game? If so, him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Exactly. There’s no room to have some disciplinary omission over an onfield spat at this point for that position.

Cucurella, Lamptey, Bissouma all did their best to keep the summer vultures at bay if they stick in any more performances like that. MacA giving evidence of why he’s sometimes left out, and Lallana perhaps is starting to feel the age and all the injuries catching up.

Can’t really single anyone out yesterday though, it spread through the team like wildfire, nothing tactics can do about that, you just hope it doesn’t happen collectively too often or at all, because it is utter shite when it does.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. There’s no room to have some disciplinary omission over an onfield spat at this point for that position.

Cucurella, Lamptey, Bissouma all did their best to keep the summer vultures at bay if they stick in any more performances like that. MacA giving evidence of why he’s sometimes left out, and Lallana perhaps is starting to feel the age and all the injuries catching up.

Can’t really single anyone out yesterday though, it spread through the team like wildfire, nothing tactics can do about that, you just hope it doesn’t happen collectively too often or at all, because it is utter shite when it does.

I thought Mac was our best player by a country mile, funny how we (fans) often see exactly the same things differently. Again I thought Lallana started well but went off the boil after yet another missed goal attempt.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Isn’t Dunk available for the next game? If so, him.

yes he is but him and Duffy are usually solid together.......i think Burnley came out and took the game to us and totally caught us by surprise.....not making excuses but i don't think we expected what they served up yesterday , by a long chalk ......let's hope thats a good lesson to the entire squad.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’d give them all a 4 and just put this behind us. Dysche had a game plan and it worked - don’t give us time on the ball in midfield and attack fast and in numbers. He also knew we’d be starting a centre back pairing that wasn’t tried and tested and was at sixes and sevens.

All round disaster of a performance and the team looked like they didn’t want to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought Mac was our best player by a country mile, funny how we (fans) often see exactly the same things differently. Again I thought Lallana started well but went off the boil after yet another missed goal attempt.

Second half was much improved for MacA once Lallana went off. First half I thought it was him who should have been giving the full backs more cover, but drifted inside too often.

I honestly didn’t see anyone start well, first 10mins Burnley had 2 or 3 really good chances and we lost literally every 2nd ball. Lallana gave us nothing defensively to shield the back four, check the goals on motd, we were 4 on 4 for the first 2, not a midfielder in sight…

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

It really was a poor header, which might have got us back into the game.

Yesterday was a fatal combination of poor tactics and underperforming players, I hope we don't experience this again for a very long time.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
In my view Lamptey and Cucurella are not full backs, they are wing backs. If we had played Robert’s at least we would have had the extra defender to cover them trying to get forward. At times we were left three against Veltman and Duffy who are not the best playing together. It seemed that Lamptey and Cucurella were in two minds what to do. Same tactics as Spurs in the cup which did not work. At least he changed it at half time then and went back to a three at the back and we looked better. The whole situation was not helped by everyone player so badly. However, I think the manager must take some blame having made the same mistake so recently and not learning from it when playing such a weak central pairing who have not played together as a pair before. Burnley were up for it and scored three really good goals. Hopefully a lesson learned and we move on and the team feel they owe the fans a performance at home for a change.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Everybody can have an off day in all walks of life. It just so happened that yesterday all of them did at the same time.

Learn from it, move on to Villa.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here