Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton vs Brentford

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A very good performance in any circumstances, but Considering we were without two of our finest players, it was an outstanding one.
Two superb goals.
Webster, Bob and Cucurella stood out for me, but you could make a case for most of the team.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Everyone gets an 8 from me.

Luckily Brentford came to play football and fair play to them for that but it played into our hands allowing us to do what we train for, well apart from a couple of amazing finishes. We were drilled well and maintained good shape with rare pace. Gotta love a ball over the top now and then.

I love a ball over the top, and it's that directness why I marginally prefer watching Liverpool to City. Liverpool are masters at playing the long pass -- note, long pass not long ball. And the way to do it is the way we did it last night: against a defence that plays a high line, finding space down the line or with forwards running out to in.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
6 - average.

Sanchez - 8
Lamptey - 7
Webster - 7
Burn - 7
Cucurella - 7
Lallana - 6 - brilliance mixed with carelessness
Mwepu - 8 - great pass
MacAllister - 8 - everything we’ve been missing
Trossard - 7 - brilliant goal
Moder - 6 - wasteful and some poor decision making
Maupay - 8

Welbeck - 6
Gross - N/A
Alzate - N/A

Brentford fans made a bit of noise, but soon quietened when we took the lead. Easy to get out…… 😃

I agree with all of the above.

I'm currently not feeling the Moder love shown on this thread, I felt he was the weak link last night, Lost the ball constantly and has a propensity to stay down when he's tackled.
Harsh I know, on a night where we won 3 valuable points. Maybe it's just me, but remember, I was previously absolutely right about Ashley Barnes and Jiri Skalak :p

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is Rohan Ince now the benchmark for badness? I remember him holding us together!
That fat Dutch guy we got from Swansea. Now he was shite…

Not at all, and it’s not a personal attack against Ince though some seem desperate to believe it is. He’s was a long legged midfielder who occasionally didn’t look like he was in full control of his lower limbs.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Not at all, and it’s not a personal attack against Ince though some seem desperate to believe it is. He’s was a long legged midfielder who occasionally didn’t look like he was in full control of his lower limbs.

Exactly that for me, too. I made the Rohan Ince comparison more than once last night, when Mwepu was running with the ball, as it looks like he's falling down a set of steps and trying desparately to stay upright!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Exactly that for me, too. I made the Rohan Ince comparison more than once last night, when Mwepu was running with the ball, as it looks like he's falling down a set of steps and trying desparately to stay upright!

:lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
DT report says ‘ With Alexis Mac Allister a steamrolling powerhouse and Adam Lallana revelling as midfield linchpin, Brighton began to blossom’

Pretty accurate IMO

I really rate MacAllister. Fast becoming one of my favourites, as when he receives the ball he looks up for movement and isn’t afraid to shoot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm having trouble formulating this into a sentence so I'm just going to WordWanga it.

When he came on (Wolves?) and last night everything Jocko was 'snap'.

He added some snap to the team.
Every pass was quick and snappy.
He snapped into tackles.
His heads up.
He's looking forward.

Sorry for making less sense than usual.

It's hard to imagine there isn't more to his absence from the team, for the bulk of this season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Well deserved 3 points. Strange game with Brentford looking much better first 20mins. It helped forward going off because left Tovey isolated.
Sanchez 7 2 good saves and clean sheet
Lampty 8 Great to be a crowd pleaser but as a FB first job is to defend and for team this was his priority.
Webster 8 Clean sheet .Without Dunk for protection sensibly didn't go forward often
Burn 7 Clean sheet and playing CB did't often have to deal with one on ones often. whilst good at heading away crosses etc strange to say but not great in air and interesting on highlights to see Cucurella outjump him to clear of line.
Cucurella. 8 Defended well and because he was not marked as closely as Lampty was able to get forward
Lalana 8 Very good both ends
Moda/Mwepu 7 Marked up because we won. Lots of good work but far to many errors.
MCalister 6 Fair. Given this chance sure he would have liked to make a bigger contribution
Trossard 8 The one player capable of producing something special
Maupay 7 Goal and good team performance. Much better in that he seemed more aware of team mates round him
Welbeck 7 Surprised me how fit he looked and also advantage of larger player competing for ball

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here