Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Brentford A

you must of been watching a different game? kish was miles ahead of anyone last night.

From where I was sitting in the main stand last night I was able to get a view of the whole pitch and it was clearly obvious that Kish, as much as I like and admire the chap, was off the pace of the game. This could be because he is just back from a long lay off, which I hope is the reason, but it could be that his old body is telling him that it is time to hang up his boots. Another thing that was evident was that after the first 25 mins or so Brentford stopped us from playing our usual brand of tippy tappy football and long ball tatcics were employed. Overall a good gritty performance

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
From where I was sitting in the main stand last night I was able to get a view of the whole pitch and it was clearly obvious that Kish, as much as I like and admire the chap, was off the pace of the game. This could be because he is just back from a long lay off, which I hope is the reason, but it could be that his old body is telling him that it is time to hang up his boots. Another thing that was evident was that after the first 25 mins or so Brentford stopped us from playing our usual brand of tippy tappy football and long ball tatcics were employed. Overall a good gritty performance

Fair enough its your opinion, but everyone else has scored him high?

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Sorry,but that is total bollocks,should have gone to specsavers.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Ankergren - 8 did nothing wrong, made some good saves and good with his feet. how do some people slag him off?

Calderon - 7 not at his best going forward but good in defence.
Painter - 7 same as above.
Elphick - 7.5 class in defence, would of had an 8 but his passing was not great at times.
Greer - 7 very good on the ball

Bennett - 7 worked hard but not a t his best.
Sparrow - 7 neat and tidy, lots of running into the space.
Kish - 9 mom, every where, knows what to do all the time.
Bridcutt - 7 solid

Murray - 7 defenders must hate playing against him, very good fist 20 mins, everything sticks to him.
Barnes - 7 not much of the ball at times, poor pen, but his first touch is class, getting better all the time for me. same as casper, really cant see how people can moan about these players.

Dicker - not ong enough, worked hard tho.
Wood - 6 doesnt look fit but holds ball up well.
Taricco - 10 for the fist pumping at the end.

overall a good performance, we still passed to ball around even tho we were no where near our best. some of the players look tired.

100% this, exactly the same game i watched

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ankergren - 9 Made 2 excellent saves, good distribution, quality celebrations at the end. Top Keeper.

Calderon – 8 Defending has come on a lot from his already high standards
Painter – 6 Not his best game, Hope All is OK!
Elphick – 7 Solid, and brave, Tough to leave him out for El-Abd
Greer – 9 Controlled the game

Bennett – 7 seemed to love his new song, some good passes
Sparrow – 7, gave the ball away a bit, but also made the right choices.
Kish – 7 Still not match fit. But dominated the midfield
Bridcutt – 8 Read the game well, looked dangerous going forward and as good defending

Murray – 8 wins everything in the air, wins fouls, should have maybe scored, and not had a prolonged argument over the penalty
Barnes 7 Good work rate, seemed tired when he came off, and also disappointed ! Which is good to see Poor Penalty (-1)

Dicker – 8 Took one for the team with the yellow
Wood – 7 Good first touch, brings us something different
Taricco – 8 Wise head needed.

Not the best performance, but the result is in the book. Not playing to potential and winning is a sign of champions. However some players looked tired.
Crowd -10

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

I was in the main stand too and I thought overall it was a good solid performance. Ankergren was my man of the match, closely followed by Sparrow.

All the others played well in the main but had a couple of poor moments. Barnes ran them ragged in the first half but it looked like Brentford decided to wind him up in the second. Bennett and Murray should have made more of the chances they had but hey, we got the three points.

I would expect El Abd to walk back into the side for Saturday's game.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Ankergren - 9 - Very busy making crucial and difficult saves. See no reason to scrimp and give him an 8! Credit when and where it's due.
Calderon - 7 - Seems improved in his defensive duties. Played well.
Painter - 6 - Competent defensive shift. Looked flustered high up the pitch, sometimes losing the ball there. Blame this on tactics personally. Get Well Soon!
Elphick - 6 - A mixed bag. Sometimes dominant, sometimes a little flustered. Needs more games in that respect, but will he get them?
Greer - 6 - Defensively sound though unremarkable. Average distribution tonight, but valuable composure receiving the ball from Ankergren.
Bennett - 6 - Some good work, but set-pieces weren't great tonight. Would have liked more from him... admittedly by his own high standards!
Sparrow - 7 - Often feel Sparrow goes AWOL. Tonight he was better in bursts of tackling, interception and attacking play. Good to see.
Kishishev - 6 - Looked a little out of sorts / jaded / rusty at points, though also important in spreading play and general reading of the game.
Bridcutt - 7 - Heavily involved and important. Did his job to good but unspectacular effect.
Murray - 7 - Touches of class and his usual important impact in general. Unlucky not to score, won penalty.
Barnes - 6 - Great on the ball, has a very good touch. Missed penalty, did not have any notable opportunity in the danger areas.

I notice it is a collection of very average marks... (IMO!) Well I guess that's the game we played tonight. Also notice the discrepancy with other posters! Will be interested to see other people's thoughts as they trickle in.

More or less agree with your scores, though I might reverse Kish and Bridcutt - Kish's passing was a bit awry at times, but his solidity was crucial in stopping Brentford being able to get more pressure on our area. Agree Sparrow was better last night - he seemed to get involved far more and was tackling superbly. Barnes's confidence looked shot to me after the penalty; superb save by Richard Lee, but the short run-up made me think he wasn't going to score. Gus did right to substitute him after that. Hope he can give Barnes a boost in training and get him back to his best for Saturday, as he looked class in the first half. For me, though, both keepers were the stars last night; I've already mentioned Lee's penalty save, but his one from Murray was equally brilliant - I was about to leap in the air as Murray headed the ball, and yes, Bennett missed his chance in the second half, but he would have had to produce an exceptional chip to score as Lee spread himself. And Ankergren, what can I say? Superb all night, and the score could easily have been 5-1 without him.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Kish was bloody brilliant last night. Best player out there by a mile!

For a start we are a team, but like you I thought Kish stood out. Could see little in way of perspective but in that position you notice things you wouldnt normally e.g. the running of Sparrow he got everywhere and really covered the ground, the work of Barnes in the first half and his ability to retain ball and link with Murray. In the second the back line, with Tommy showing that he can cope with pressure, and I thought Ankergren looked a bit inspired, thought singing his name may have motivated him, a rare case of Albion fans giving a player a lift? Also thought tanno's was a handy cameo. As a mate said after the game this was a monumental win. Wouldnt mind another Charlton or Peterborough though before season end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here