Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Brentford A

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Ankergren - 8 safe, athletic and good distribution.

Calderon - 6 solid but gave the ball away too much
Painter - 6 as per Calderon, wasteful going forward. Get well soon x

Elphick - 8 brave and sound as a pound. Immense in the air
Greer - 6 solid enough, bit too much hoofing but I suppose the pitch demanded it.

Bennett - 5 worst game for a long while. Industrious bit crossing was woeful.
Sparrow - 7 looked really sharp and good ball usage
Kish - 9 MOM for someone who has been out so long, his engine was incredible, broke up everything and excellent distribution.
Bridcutt - 7 solid as a rock

Murray - 8 excellent first 20 minutes, faded but held the ball up well.
Barnes - 4 not his night, first touch like a trampoline and missed a plenty. Class act though.

Dicker - 6. Good foul earned a booking
Wood - 6 held the ball up well.
Taricco - 10 purely for his celebrations at the end.

A thoroughly average performance, but a MASSIVE, season defining win.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ankergren - 8 safe, athletic and good distribution.

Calderon - 6 solid but gave the ball away too much
Painter - 6 as per Calderon, wasteful going forward. Get well soon x

Elphick - 8 brave and sound as a pound. Immense in the air
Greer - 6 solid enough, bit too much hoofing but I suppose the pitch demanded it.

Bennett - 5 worst game for a long while. Industrious bit crossing was woeful.
Sparrow - 7 looked really sharp and good ball usage
Kish - 9 MOM for someone who has been out so long, his engine was incredible, broke up everything and excellent distribution.
Bridcutt - 7 solid as a rock

Murray - 8 excellent first 20 minutes, faded but held the ball up well.
Barnes - 4 not his night, first touch like a trampoline and missed a plenty. Class act though.

Dicker - 6. Good foul earned a booking
Wood - 6 held the ball up well.
Taricco - 10 purely for his celebrations at the end.

A thoroughly average performance, but a MASSIVE, season defining win.

you been on the beers?

Barnes's first touch tonight was no short of Championship quality.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Genuinely thought it was poor in the second half when we needed to keep the ball.

He is a class act though

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Ankergren, clean sheet and a good save from an amazing free kick late on 8
Calderon, I'm afraid I thought he was poor tonight and gave the ball away far too often 5
Elphick, he's a "head it kick it" centre back and he did that to good effect tonight 7
Greer, OK defensively, distribution not as good as usual, but far better than Tommy's 7
Painter, usual "Steady Eddy" performance, not very effective going forward as Brentford closed him down quickly and he was isolated 7
Bennett, lively as usual, but not his best night 6
Kish, good in the holding role a class act as usual 8
Bridcutt, further forward than in recent games and did not have so much time and space, no great impact tonight 6
Sparrow, one or two excellent pieces of work, paticularly a through ball to Bennett, but not in the game enough for me 6
Murray, worked very hard and was unlucky to find Richard Lee in excellent form in Brentford's goal 8
Barnes, worked hard also, good with his back to goal, but never really looked threatening 7

Subs:
Tanno, neat and tidy and concentrated on defending, I thought he could have "showed" for the ball a bit more but did a job 7
Wood, looked quite good but again not threatening 6
Dicker, not on long enough to give a grade.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Ankergren - 9 - Very busy making crucial and difficult saves. See no reason to scrimp and give him an 8! Credit when and where it's due.
Calderon - 7 - Seems improved in his defensive duties. Played well.
Painter - 6 - Competent defensive shift. Looked flustered high up the pitch, sometimes losing the ball there. Blame this on tactics personally. Get Well Soon!
Elphick - 6 - A mixed bag. Sometimes dominant, sometimes a little flustered. Needs more games in that respect, but will he get them?
Greer - 6 - Defensively sound though unremarkable. Average distribution tonight, but valuable composure receiving the ball from Ankergren.
Bennett - 6 - Some good work, but set-pieces weren't great tonight. Would have liked more from him... admittedly by his own high standards!
Sparrow - 7 - Often feel Sparrow goes AWOL. Tonight he was better in bursts of tackling, interception and attacking play. Good to see.
Kishishev - 6 - Looked a little out of sorts / jaded / rusty at points, though also important in spreading play and general reading of the game.
Bridcutt - 7 - Heavily involved and important. Did his job to good but unspectacular effect.
Murray - 7 - Touches of class and his usual important impact in general. Unlucky not to score, won penalty.
Barnes - 6 - Great on the ball, has a very good touch. Missed penalty, did not have any notable opportunity in the danger areas.

I notice it is a collection of very average marks... (IMO!) Well I guess that's the game we played tonight. Also notice the discrepancy with other posters! Will be interested to see other people's thoughts as they trickle in.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ankergren 9
Calderon 6
Painter 6
Elphick 5
Greer 6
Bennett 7
Sparrow 6
Kish 6
Bridcutt 7
Murray 8
Barnes 6 (7 -1 for missed pen)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Casper & Kish MOM in my opinion. Considering Kish has been away for so long, his performance last night was fantastic. Gave the back four so much protection and kept breaking up the Brentford attacks.

Also felt Sparrow played well, his our only central midfielder who actually gets ahead of the ball so provides good support from midfield to the front men. Also surely a contender to take the next penalty. He took the best one of the night in the shoot-out against Woking.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Not a great performance last night. Dont think the pitch helped. Didnt play our usual passing game. I have never seen Greer knock so many long balls down a opposition centre half throat in my life. Elphick was ok but dont think he is that great on the ball. Made me laugh with the Bennett song being sung loads and he was prob our worst player. And as for Barnes pen just woeful. But still came away with 3 points and played crap. Championship here we come

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ankergren 9
Calderon 6
Painter 6
Elphick 5
Greer 6
Bennett 7
Sparrow 6
Kish 6
Bridcutt 7
Murray 8
Barnes 6 (7 -1 for missed pen)

Very harsh what did he do wrong in your eyes?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'd love to be able to give ratings, but considering I couldn't see the wings, and couldn't see the far penalty area as the crossbar ran right along it, I doubt my feedback would be particularly useful. Cracking evening though!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good to see that at a time when rotation is necessary we are able to provide so many effective understudies.

Kishishev's experience will be invaluable in games like this where you have to dig out a result.
Glad someone has spotted that Sparrow, uniquely among our midfielders, gets ahead of the ball and causes defences real problems.
Elphick has done admirably. Although I do think the balance of the defence is less by not having el Abd, Tommy clearly won't let us down.
Sandaza made an important cameo on Saturday and Noone is getting to understand our playing style.

All-in-all it's looking very good indeed.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Ankergren - 8 did nothing wrong, made some good saves and good with his feet. how do some people slag him off?

Calderon - 7 not at his best going forward but good in defence.
Painter - 7 same as above.
Elphick - 7.5 class in defence, would of had an 8 but his passing was not great at times.
Greer - 7 very good on the ball

Bennett - 7 worked hard but not a t his best.
Sparrow - 7 neat and tidy, lots of running into the space.
Kish - 9 mom, every where, knows what to do all the time.
Bridcutt - 7 solid

Murray - 7 defenders must hate playing against him, very good fist 20 mins, everything sticks to him.
Barnes - 7 not much of the ball at times, poor pen, but his first touch is class, getting better all the time for me. same as casper, really cant see how people can moan about these players.

Dicker - not ong enough, worked hard tho.
Wood - 6 doesnt look fit but holds ball up well.
Taricco - 10 for the fist pumping at the end.

overall a good performance, we still passed to ball around even tho we were no where near our best. some of the players look tired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here