Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Barnsley (H)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Do people just give Dicker the lowest score for fun? Don't want to have to defend him every week but he was superb today. That outside of the foot cross, although the wrong option, was something not many players could do. I'm sure some people on here just do not understand football...

I understand football, it's a view just as yours is. If you think he deserves better then score him as such, I'll respect that, even if I disagree.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Pole In Goal - 7 - Distribution was a times suspect yet his fantastic shot stopping is a joy to behold, very unlucky with the penalty

Bruno - 8 - Attacks very well, 80% of the time making the right decisions, his pace above everything else will make him a major asset this season

Greer - 6 - Did what he needed to do, good passing and as always lead the team well, one poor clearance.

El-Abd - 6 - His passing and running with the ball has improved considerably, both he and Greer had very little to do so I don't think they can get a 7 as they were not tested

Bridge - 8 - Good strike for the goal although I think it should have been saved, he attacks very well and linked better with Kaz then Noone, I like the way he isn't afraid to shoot

Bridcutt - 6 - Few over hit cross field passes and sometimes out jumped, our weakest player today but that is only due to his very high standards that he has set

Dicker - 7 - Fantastic range of passing, dictated the speed of the game. Against weaker opponents, like today or in L1, he shines through. Lovely chip too

Crofts - 6 - Mixed game, good passing and attacks with good pace which kick starts counter attacks, gave away a needles penalty so marked down

Noone - 7 - 2 assists which is great to see, touch was good and always looked to beat his man

Barnes - 8 - Excellent hold up play and always in the right positions, which showed for first goal. Second goal is a brilliant finish, linked well with CMS

CMS - 8 - Fantastic to see him get of the mark, runs at defenders and his never say die attitude is coming through. Linking well with the team and deserved his MOM

Harley - 7 - Some great passes, lovely ball into Kaz for him to cross for the 5th. Gutted he didn't score his header as he looks a much better player

Kaz - 7 - Beat his man everytime, good determination to cross for 5th, after that chose the wrong option pretty much everytime but all very encouraging

Toby - 5 - One good interception and a good run late on, good to see him get game time. Also encouraging to see Barker on the bench

Some of these ratings are pretty low considering what was a brilliant 5-1 win, but it must be said Barnsley were very poor and we should have won by more.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I understand football, it's a view just as yours is. If you think he deserves better then score him as such, I'll respect that, even if I disagree.

Yes, apologies. It's just some people do not seem to realise that certain players in the team have differing jobs (another example being Barnes). Also if you watch him during a game Dicker actually leads the midfield and is therefore possibly more crucial than some people realise.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes, apologies. It's just some people do not seem to realise that certain players in the team have differing jobs (another example being Barnes). Also if you watch him during a game Dicker actually leads the midfield and is therefore possibly more crucial than some people realise.

Fine, happy to disagree but can only rate what I saw though my eyes ... will follow Dicker harder next time. As for Barnes he was outstanding my MOM (as many are saying) but only by a whisker!

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuzsczak - 8 a great keeper who has cottoned on to our game very quickly as well as making some great saves

Bruno - 8 Already quickly becoming an absolute favourite

Greer - 7 Picked out some great balls and looked very assured

Adam El Abd - 8 Our best centreback

Bridge - 8 Just so assured and composed. He is a very, very good player

Bridcutt - 7 Still not quite on his game but dtill a very capable performance

Dicker - 6 A better game but still too ponderous on the ball

Crofts - 7 Hard working and busy

Noone - 8 His best game in a long while

CMS - 8 This is the player we hoped we'd signed. Bustling and busy and a constant distraction

Barnes - 9 Absolutely superb. Could not have done much more, one more goal and itwould have been a perfect 10

Subs:

Kaz - 8 Took about 10 minutes to get into the game but once he did, he humiliated their RB time and again

Agdestein - 6 Looked solid but not really on enough to make a real impact

Harley - 7 Actually thought he was pretty good today. I've been a BIG critic of his but maybe he has finally turned a corner?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I think you have perhaps lost the plot.

GD is perhaps the most useless player in the team.

He strolls around and achieves precious little. If there was any way of showing passes completed or tackles completed he would hardly register. I really believe he is only there because he has another year on his contract.

That is, of course, my opinion but that of 'many' I have spoken with.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Kooooszsack - 8, solid game. Not a lot to do but almost got that penalty and make a decent save in the first half to his top right corner.

Bruno - 9, absolute quality player. Got forward well, defended well and still lots of FLAIR. He's going to be a fan favourite.

Greer - 7. Not a lot to do but was solid.

Adam El Abd - 7. Has come a long way in his 300 appearances, a solid performance too. Must be well ahead of Dunk in the pickings now.

Bridge - 9. Same as Bruno, very good attacking and solid defensively. Didn't do much wrong and scored a cracker.

Bridcutt - 7. Not an outstanding game but protected the back four well and was in his position when he was needed.

Dicker - 7. Can't really remember anything he did apart from one cracking through ball late in the second half. Ticked over, had a decent game.

Crofts - 7. Same as Dicker. Ticked over, got involved, broke up play. Didn't set the world on fire but made it difficult for Barnsley to play.

Noone - 8. Lots of good runs. Seems to be playing the same as the beginning of last season.

CMS - 8. Played well. Two goals, second was a well taken back heal. Caused problems and his first touch and dribbling seem much improved since last season.

Barnes - 9.5. Just because I don't give 10's. Done everything you would want of a striker. Second goal was well struck and placed and the diving header for CMS's second goal was decent.

Subs:

KLL - 7. Put the defender on his arse more than once, but the final ball was lacking cutting edge. Still looked bright though.

Toby - Wasn't on long enough to rate.

Harley - 7. Got into some good positions, fluffed two chances but he isn't a striker so can't say too much about that.

I completely agree with you there. Although, I would give Barnes the 10. It would be near impossible to of had a better performance.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kuszczak - 7 didn't have much to do
Bruno - 9
Greer - 8
Adam El Abd - 7
Bridge - 8
Bridcutt - 8
Dicker - 7
Crofts - 7.5
Noone - 7
Barnes - 9
CMS - 8

Subs:

KLL - 7
Harley - 6
Toby - Not on for long enough to rate

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Do people just give Dicker the lowest score for fun? Don't want to have to defend him every week but he was superb today. That outside of the foot cross, although the wrong option, was something not many players could do. I'm sure some people on here just do not understand football...
Dicker was off the pace for most of the game, doesn't seem to be able to anticipate.... Crofts was a little sluggish too I thought....both fullbacks superb... Bridcutt flawless, CMS ran, defended, passed, scored.... excellent,... Barnes got two, was better than of late, decent but not worthy of higher than CMS..... Noone, great 1st half on the right, buit looked lost in second half on the right.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Dicker was off the pace for most of the game, doesn't seem to be able to anticipate.... Crofts was a little sluggish too I thought....both fullbacks superb... Bridcutt flawless, CMS ran, defended, passed, scored.... excellent,... Barnes got two, was better than of late, decent but not worthy of higher than CMS..... Noone, great 1st half on the right, buit looked lost in second half on the left.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Kuzsczak - 7 - Such a solid prescence, so reassuring and unlucky with the penalty.

Bruno - 9 - What a player! Nothing gets past him and he is one of our most dangerous players going forward. Linked brilliantly with Noone first half. Love him. Possibly deserves a 10.

Greer - 7 - Solid and some good balls out of defence.

El-Abd - 8 - Some great tackles and headers. So assured these days also.

Bridge - 9 - Excellent performance - got forward really well, solid at the back and a bonus goal.

Bridcutt - 9 - The most consistent player I've ever seen for the Albion - another outstanding performance. He is always there to collect the ball from other players and some great tackles today.

Dicker - 7 - Kept the ball well. Quietly efficient.

Crofts - 7 - Love seeing him back in our midfield. Stong, mobile and dangerous going forward.

Noone - 8 - Brilliant first half performance. A constant threat and I loved the way he linked up with Bruno regularly. Not quite as dangerous second half.

Barnes - 8 - I'm a Barnes lover not a hater but despite his 2, possibly 4, goals I think he has actually had better games for us! His second goal was a sublime finish though and he needs a high score for the goals.

CMS - 8 - Another energetic performance making life very hard for their defenders and if anyone deserves a lucky goal or two its him.

SUBS:

Harley - 6 - Fairly average.

Lua Lua - 8 - Lethal in the time he was on, one assist and could have had more assists or a goal for himself.

Toby - Not on long enough.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I don't rate Dicker but he had a good game today. But MoM to Barnes for me. Great ovation when he went off. Lovely.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A new low has been reached in the use of the English language.
Bore off you complete dullard.The thread is about how good Albion played,not some clever-clever language mongtard like you!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak 7 Easiest game he'll ever play, unlucky with the penalty but quality couple of saves.
Bruno 9 Oozing class all over the place. Unbelievable footballer technically. What a player, what a freebie.
Greer 7 Easy day for the defence against the shit [MENTION=13305]SNOOPY[/MENTION] and the tired old Harewood but effortless brilliance as usual.
El-Abd 7 Easy game for him too. Doesn't like striding out of posession with the ball and that will be his downfall I fear.
Bridge 9 Amazing player. I never realised how good he was, and is.
Bridcutt 9 It was like watching the playground bully on a football field, just taking the ball away from the opponents and passing it about.
Dicker 8 I can only assume the criticism of him comes from people from behind the goals. Majestic in midfield today.
Crofts 8 Stupid challenge for the penalty but we all said we lacked a ball carrier from midfield, and he did that to perfection today.
Noone 7 Set up the 2nd "CMS" goal but otherwise was all promise no delivery again. Good to watch, but frustrating.
Barnes 10 Defensively spot on, scored 2 goals and robbed of two more. Brilliant performance, absolutely brilliant.
Mackail-Smith 8 "Scored" twice, and put them under pressure. Defenders who aren't technically profficient beware...

Subs
LuaLua 8 It was "bingo" time down the left for him, it was just too easy. Looked like he could destroy them at will.
Harley 7 Got involved! I saw Ryan Harley get involved in a game! Unlucky the header fell to him rather than CMS, but looked good.
Agdestein I've never seen him do anything in a Brighton shirt, and that won't change until he gets longer on the pitch.

Also, a special mention to 00Gonzo... Job well done, sir. :thumbsup:
(Or was he just really REALLY comedy?)

A new low has been reached in the use of the English language.

You've already received criticism for that post but, frankly, it was a very valid point well made. :lolol:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuszczak - 7 Good with what he had to do, nearly kept pen out.
Bruno - 8.5 Fantastic, Albion legend in the making
Greer - 7 Solid
Adam El Abd - 7 Solid
Bridge - 8 Great goal, class shows
Bridcutt - 7.5 Solid
Dicker - 7 Solid
Crofts - 7 Solid
Noone - 7.5 End product improving
Barnes - 8.5 MOM
CMS - 7 Liking the way he applying his energy better this season. Much better all round contribution

Subs:

KLL - 6.5
Harley - 6
Toby - Not on for long enough to rate

Dec 29, 2011
Kuszchak - 6 - could have done better with the penalty and had a cupple of nervous parries but good saves as well.
Bruno - 8 - good game bombing forward but sometimes wears himself out and can't get back
Greer - 7 - solid
Adam El Abd - 7 - solid
Bridge - 9 - excellent at this level
Bridcutt - 7 retained possession well but not really involved in any goals
Dicker - 6 - as always the weak link
Crofts - 6 - gave away the penalty
Noone - 8 very good game coming back to form
Barnes - 9.5 MOM Scored 4 goals basically
CMS - 7 got on the score sheet twice even if he didn't know anything about it

Subs:

KLL - 7 skilled them a few times but no end product in the 20 mins or so he was on
Harley - 6 slowed the game down missed a good simple chance
Toby - Not on for long enough

Sorry what? I'm all for 'each to their own' but there are some glaring irregularities in this post.

Firstly a 6 for Kuszczack is harsh, he had a solid game and you can't blame him for not saving a penalty.
You say Bridcutt didn't help with any goals.. he's a CDM, he should be protecting the back four not getting involved with goals.
Barnes didn't score four goals.
Harley slowed the game down? Surely that's what he's supposed to do. Why conceded needless goals?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Dicker totally ineffective again. The game by passes him. I'm not Harley's biggest fan but wonder if he isn't too far from a start at Dickers expense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here