Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player possibility

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Aluko isn't a big black guy, he's a small black guy who plays wide or up front. Maurice Edu was the one I thought of, would add strength to the midfield certainly.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Maurice Edu may fit the description of a player from Glasgow Rangers newco. Midfielder, which is what we need. However, I have never been 100% certain in his commitment. Also his pace , whilst being OK for the SPL would not be sufficient in the Championship. To be fair the only others left in the squad (apart from the keepers and defender Carlos Bocanegra) are unproven. Kyle Barclay didn't look anywhere near as good as Dunk or Greer so I doubt that he could perform in the Championship and therefore we probably wouldn't sign him; but you never know?

TNBA

TTF

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Recent quotes from Edu suggest he's looking for a bigger club than us: "I'm no different than anyone else. You want to go as far as you can in this game and see how far you can go.
"It's a short career, you know? You want to try to play at the highest levels possible and test yourself against some of the best players."

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Recent quotes from Edu suggest he's looking for a bigger club than us: "I'm no different than anyone else. You want to go as far as you can in this game and see how far you can go.
"It's a short career, you know? You want to try to play at the highest levels possible and test yourself against some of the best players."

Yeah but if Gus can convince him that we'll be in the PL next year then he might well do.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
I was talking to some one from the club yesterday at Dover, said person told me there is a player on his way from Rangers(newco) and Jordan Rhodes was apparently at the club and bloom was willing to risk paying five million for him, I have no need to come on here and bullshit, just thought I would relay a message, would be great if jordan Rhodes was true.

So you knew this yesterday before 3pm but you waited untill 11:30 this morning to post this news.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be horrified if we spent £5m on Rhodes. We should be able to get someone of real quality for that price who has scored in the Championship consistantly for a few years

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd be horrified if we spent £5m on Rhodes. We should be able to get someone of real quality for that price who has scored in the Championship consistantly for a few years

I think you might struggle to actually name someone who has scored in the Championship consistently for a few years................... not Emnes or Maynard or McCormack or even Beckford. Maybe Nugent or Becchio? You would expect Leeds or Leicester to walk this league wouldn't you but it hasn't happened.

The point being there are not many "sure things" about

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Don't understand all the negativity around Rhodes and him being a risk. He is absolute quality and a better all round player than CMS, plus he is younger so would have a better sell on value. I don't think we will get him but if we did I for one would be very very happy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Rhodes will score goals in the Championship.

My best guess would be that he will do it for Huddersfield but I would be very happy if it was for us.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
It might have been you I was talking with before we all left. Are you from Tunbridge Wells?

That was me willow, nice talking to you mate, how bad was that rain?..........

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
So you knew this yesterday before 3pm but you waited untill 11:30 this morning to post this news.

Sorry I'm not a full time NSC reporter, next time I will stick it on straight away, to be honest, its terrible on here for rumours , so i wast sure at first.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think you might struggle to actually name someone who has scored in the Championship consistently for a few years................... not Emnes or Maynard or McCormack or even Beckford. Maybe Nugent or Becchio? You would expect Leeds or Leicester to walk this league wouldn't you but it hasn't happened.

The point being there are not many "sure things" about
very much this...

Very much this.
not this. Unless you'd like to suggest someone?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Sorry I'm not a full time NSC reporter, next time I will stick it on straight away, to be honest, its terrible on here for rumours , so i wast sure at first.

Don't give in to a few bullies.........they are as bereft of ideas as the rest of us :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
:lol: it's wearing me down Severnside, I thinking, "why did bother:..........

I've spent much of my Albion-following life thinking that lol

Seriously. Don't let it get to you. The keyboard warriors may be the more vocal minority but they are disrespected by the vast majority on here.

I'm just hoping your bits of gossip come up trumps. Given the number of different sources I would be amazed if we haven't spoken to Hudds about Rhodes and probably to the player himself. Whether that will come to a deal is much harder to guess. The newco story sounds like it could have legs..............fingers crossed :thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That means he wants big wages that's all:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here