Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player of the season

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
not many mentions for Ben White. He has been absolutely rock solid all season. Im not saying he should be player of the season but i would say he would be on the list. Between Biss, Dunk, Veltman and White for me. Lamptey and march would have been in there but for injuiries and Wbster must be close as well. TBH Gross has had a very good season as well. I think Biss just edges it. Is there anywhere that shows averaging ratings over the season?

Yeah. Think this is interesting considering White will be playing for either PSG, Inter Milan or Man U next season.

He’s had a decent season and perhaps if I’d been at games I’d see the appeal more. But from my restricted viewpoint on the sofa, there have been better players.

Bissouma for me - he’s the glue who holds the team together. We’ll really miss him if he goes. Far more than White or Veltman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Veltman for me - he's been consistently good all season, scarcely put a foot wrong.
Bissouma has been superb for most of the season, usually the standout player on the pitch, but he looked below par for quite a few games and people on here were talking about how he'd had his head turned. It's Veltman's consistency that wins out for me

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Feel March and Mac deserve some nods but haven’t played enough games. Mac has been the most unlucky player this season and seems to be out of favour due to others finding some excellent form in his position.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Bissouma with Veltman not far off. It’s hard to believe but until that man of the match performance at Wolves (A) last season - he wasn’t a first choice player. He’s now the best player I’ve seen at the Albion since Mark Lawrenson. What a 12 months he’s had.
Lamptey/March might have been up there if no injuries.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bissouma with Veltman not far off. It’s hard to believe but until that man of the match performance at Wolves (A) last season - he wasn’t a first choice player. He’s now the best player I’ve seen at the Albion since Mark Lawrenson. What a 12 months he’s had.
Lamptey/March might have been up there if no injuries.

CMS?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It's a shame that Solly got injured, if he had kept his game up like he was, he would have been in my mix. Dunk, Sanchez or Biss, I can't decide.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Veltman for me. Bought (as I saw it) as a bargain basement replacement for Balogun as a standby CB, he has consistently performed - to most of our surprise - at a far higher level than that. So, for persistently exceeding expectations, it has to be Veltman for me.
Not that others haven't been worthy alternatives!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Veltman for me. Bought (as I saw it) as a bargain basement replacement for Balogun as a standby CB, he has consistently performed - to most of our surprise - at a far higher level than that. So, for persistently exceeding expectations, it has to be Veltman for me.
Not that others haven't been worthy alternatives!

Worth the award just for showing how to keep Jack Grealish quiet for the whole of the home game against Villa

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Once again, whilst others have performed very well (Bissouma, Veltman, Lamptey, March, Sanchez, White) this season, Lewis Dunk is the main reason we are able to have another year in the Premier League.

Dunky has got better and better every year, he is clearly our best player. Just imagine if he hadn't been on the line at the end of the Fulham game. What a different season this could have been.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yves Bissouma, the best tackler in the PL.

I think Dunk suffered when Ryan was still in goal because he didn't have confidence in him, and the reason he improved is because he and Sanchez have a much better understanding.

Which leads me to Robert Sanchez. He has made a tremendous difference to our team, keeping clean sheets.
Honourable mentions to Veltman and Gross.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It has to Bissouma for me, he's been consistently good all season. Honourable mentions to Dunk, Sanchez, Welbeck and Veltman, but for various reasons none of the those have performed for the whole period. Tbf to Sanchez and Welbeck they haven't been in the team the whole time but that is the criteria for POTS surely.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
SO basically

Sanchez
Dunk
Bissouma
Gross
Veltman

Flashes of March/LAmptey

we're half way to being a good PL side!

You gotta add Webster to that list, could have been be pos the way he has performed but for such competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here