Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's a simple one God will win for having to carry Mr Liability on his shoulder game after game.

Up yours granddad.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Naylor running a story that it's a one horse race for this years POTS.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...n_player_of_the_season_into_a_one_horse_race/

"Choosing Lewis Dunk is a no-brainer."

Possibly too early to say, but I'm not sure I agree with him. He has personally been responsible for conceding a lot of very weak goals, which have cost us points. He certainly has potential, but he has a long way to go yet.

There's not a great deal of choice though, is there? I think we can write off the first half of the season as everyone of them was, frankly, shit. Since Hughton came the stand out performers for me have been Kayal and Tex. If form continues I would suggest one of these, if not, my vote will be going to Inigo Calderon.

Who's been your POTS so far?
Disagree IMHO

It's Dunk

You dont offer an alternative mate, which says it all...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's a simple one God will win for having to carry Mr Liability on his shoulder game after game.

Up yours granddad.

I never realised that you referred to Bruno as God after carrying Calderon but it is understandable why. Mind you Calderon is a nice fellow we keep getting told.

Must get back to my Tanquery and tonic.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure how I would feel as a professional footballer being voted player of the season when one of your teammates clearly deserves it ahead of you. Reminds me of when I was young and a lad in our team won parents' player of the season essentially on a combination of a sympathy and romanticist vote. It was just embarrassing for him. Not exactly the same with Calde, but I would imagine it might be a little embarrassing if you win the vote predominantly based on the fact people like you more than anyone else, rather than what you have produced on the pitch in that season.

I suggest you look at the player stats for goals and assists. It's not just what happens on the pitch, but also all the community work.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggest you look at the player stats for goals and assists. It's not just what happens on the pitch, but also all the community work.

That is where we disagree, what he does off of the pitch has no bearing on POTS, I dont think. I believe the POTS should be based entirely on what the player achieves on the pitch and his contribution to the team on the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is where we disagree, what he does off of the pitch has no bearing on POTS, I dont think. I believe the POTS should be based entirely on what the player achieves on the pitch and his contribution to the team on the pitch.

So you've told us many many times. You vote for who you want to vote for, and stop whinging and arguing when others discuss their votes.
I swear you could start an argument in an empty room.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
And anybody who understands football which I would suggest excludes a lot who post on NSC., if they consider Calderon in front of him. I know it is about opinions but really.

Has to be Dunk BG, too many on here are dazzled by the sun they seem to think shines out of Calderon's arse.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For strictly on-the-pitch contributions? Dunk.

For the combination of decent on-the-pitch contributions, off-the-pitch contributions, recognition of a player who has wed himself to our club for many years and who might not be here next season, and in the hope that a POTS win might just possibly influence the club to offer him a contract extension (even if the influence is 1%)? Calde.

My vote? Calde.

Dunk has many more years to get the prestige; this could be Calde's last. No brainer.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
xTiTnCUIpMrQJxFN2o.gif

THIS GUY.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just voted by emailing

playeroftheseason@bhafc.co.uk

Calderon for me - inspirational in a mainly forgettable season. Goals worth 4 extra points to us, and our situation would be a lot more nervy and gloomy without them.

Hope he gets a contract extension.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
In a season where we have required leaders/fighters on the pitch my vote goes to Indigo,he has stood head and shoulders above anyone else who was up for the relegation scrap,Dunk would be my second choice for the same reasons,he wears his heart on his sleeve when he plays.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cannot understand people suggesting Calderon who is fortunate to be in the team. The POTS without doubt should be Dunk irrespective of age and any future award.o

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here