Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Season - Who You Can and Cant Vote For

Player of the Season

• Total voters

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
:mad: It's a sad state of affairs when it is a defender who will win player of the season, in a season where we might well get relegated, 'sake

What about Elphick winning it last year ? Also Butters and Cullip in the past...

I don't think thats the way to look at it but yes this season has been shit.

I would say Whing gets the vote for his passion and comitment as much as anything.

Also what makes Whingy special is he still carries a passion for football as a fan, still making the effort as a Villa season ticket holder, I really respect that as he can see things from both sides of the fence, A lot of pros lose that everyday touch for the game.

:clap:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Whing is part of a defence that has shipped 66 goals in the league so far. He is now playing for a contract next season - with another club. So I'll stick with Forster; he has been committed for us all season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The post about the order was very tongue in cheek but I agree like in boxing the man who wins the last minute usually gets the round on points similarly the last few weeks will register in peoples mind when voting.

I remember Cullip won the award a few years back purely on the performance in the second half of the season. He'd been pony in the early stages

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It was between Whing and Forster. I went for Whingy because he's given his all throughout the season even now when we're basically relegated (in my view) and he's played the most games (even though Forster was injured)

is it limited to 15 starts or 15 appearances (ie came on as sub for the last minute!) or 15 "named in the squad" appeatances rather than playing appearnces?

I think we should be told

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
If Forster and Murray had been fit for longer periods, I think either should have won it. However I'd go for:

1) Whing
2) Forster
3) Sullivan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here