Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Season - Who You Can and Cant Vote For

Player of the Season

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
As there is the rule of a player having to play at least 15 times for us this year. The people you can actually vote for in this disaster of a season is quite limited

Davies, Jarrett and Loft need to feature in the next 3 games to qualify (Oldham, Bristol Rovers and Huddersfield)

Seems the club dont want a protest vote with the likes of Loft, Dixon, Mayo and Lynch out the running. Is it fair on some of the current players, they cant be voted for?

email your votes to playeroftheseason@bhafc.co.uk

Players you can vote for are

Andrew Whing 48
Dean Cox 47
Tommy Elphick 45
Adam Virgo 41
Adam El Abd 39
Nicky Forster 37
Matt Richards 32
Michel Kuipers 31
Tommy Fraser 31
Glenn Murray 28
Kevin McLeod 25
Colin Hawkins 24
David Livermore 24
Steve Thomson 21
John Sullivan 17
Adam Hinshlewood 15
Joe Anyinsah 15
Kevin Thornton 15

Players you cant vote for at the moment are

Craig Davies 14
Stuart Fleetwood 14
Jason Jarrett 13
Doug Loft 12
Seb Carole 12
Jake Robinson 11
Bradley Johnson 10
Chris Birchall 10
Lloyd Owusu 10
Gary Borrowdale 8
Gary Hart 7
Robbie Savage 7
Al Bangura 6
Calvin Andrew 6
Matt Heath 6
Gary Dicker 5
Jim McNulty 5
Mikkel Andersen 5
Steve Cook 5
Joel Lynch 3
Kerry Mayo 3
Jonny Dixon 1

Last edited:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Just out of interest what happened to Bangura?

I know some people want to have a "protest" vote and vote for Dixon.Now whilst i see the funny side of that,it's hardly fair on Whingy is it who lets face it,will win by a country mile.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I would vote for mcnutly for his first few performances! but as im not allowed ill vote for the only player who seemed to give a toss which was whing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
While I understand that the club aren't too keen for a protest vote but it's wrong to impose such strict conditions - it almost rigs the vote the other way.

For that reason I won't be voting.

Maybe if nobody voted it would be a stronger message than if the vote was used to select a player that has hardly played ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
:mad: It's a sad state of affairs when it is a defender who will win player of the season, in a season where we might well get relegated, 'sake

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The poll is obviously biased as you put Whing's name at the top of the list rather than put them alphabetically. Or is it because he has played most games?

Why people are going into raptures about Whing astounds me as he had a very poor 1st 3rd of the season, mediocre 2nd and has come on leaps and bounds in the last, so overall not too good.

There can only be 1 winner Nicky Forster, who has been the best player by a country mile every time he has played throughout the entire season.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The fact that Whing is going to win this by a mile is a sad inditement of our season. I love Whingy, and recently he's been our most consistent player, but I don't think he's ever been the quality player I can normally think of when player of the season comes around. It seems he's there basically by virtue of having played for most of the season and not looking like he doesn't care.

If I get round to voting I will be voting for Forster.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The poll is obviously biased as you put Whing's name at the top of the list rather than put them alphabetically. Or is it because he has played most games?

Why people are going into raptures about Whing astounds me as he had a very poor 1st 3rd of the season, mediocre 2nd and has come on leaps and bounds in the last, so overall not too good.

There can only be 1 winner Nicky Forster, who has been the best player by a country mile every time he has played throughout the entire season.

It poll was done in order of appearances, justed copied and pasted from the list in the first post

Whing has been brilliant in the last 8 weeks, which is probably the only time we have found any sort of consistency over a period of time.

Forster has done well with no service, and lead by example, but i guess its who leaves a lasting impression in your mind whilst it is still fresh. Therefore Whing gets a lot of votes, rightly or wrongly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The post about the order was very tongue in cheek but I agree like in boxing the man who wins the last minute usually gets the round on points similarly the last few weeks will register in peoples mind when voting.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't see there being anything wrong about a defender winning Player Of The season in a (possible) relegation season. A vote for Andrew Whing sends out a clear message about the kind of commitment the fans expect from the players.

Gets my vote anyways :shrug:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No player really stands out for me over the whole season.

Whing gets my vote purely for his never say die attitude that has been noticeable in the last couple of months.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whing has been great for last few months but was pretty garbage before that. It's a shame Forster has picked up an injury really because I think over the season as a whole he has been far more important than Whingy.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
whings played all right but for me fraser actually does win it by a mile, with elphick in second place!!

17461grannys_weed_big.jpg

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
not whingy surely! he's had a poor season, overall.

forster gets my vote. he should have won this last season (tommy should have been young player of the year) nicky was superb all last season, a cut above.

he hasn't been anyway near as good this season but is still the pick of the bunch.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How Whing can be player of the season really does beggar belief. I appreciate he has been the best of the defenders but this isn't saying much. We have shipped numerous goals down the right and his passing is absolutely woeful. I admire his passion for the cause and he has been better recently but player of the season - no chance.

Forster has been better

Personally I reckon Anyinsah would be a decent enough fingers up vote

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here