Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play offs, It's achievable if..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
if you think El Abd is better than Dunk you need your head testing.
Please explain what aspect of his game is Dunk better than El Abd at the moment:

Heading..............No
Tackling..............No
Blocking shots.....No
Distribution.........No
Positioning..........No
Experience..........No
Speed................Debatable
Potential............Yes

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I agree Dunk is a better player but AeA adds some real bite and steel to the team, he is an ugly, niggling player who the opposition hate and I for one love him for it and I think his return has contributed to our recent success

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Please explain what aspect of his game is Dunk better than El Abd at the moment:

Heading..............No
Tackling..............No
Blocking shots.....No
Distribution.........No
Positioning..........No
Experience..........No
Speed................Debatable
Potential............Yes

BG

Lewis Dunk is being linked with such clubs as Arsenal, Spurs, Manchester City and Chelsea. There is talk of bids reaching as much as £5,000000 for him. Has El Abd been linked with any of these 'glamour' clubs? Has he been linked with a potential £5 million move to anywhere in his career? This kind of tells me that pretty much the entire world thinks Dunk is better than El Abd (although I do love Adam obviously)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG

Lewis Dunk is being linked with such clubs as Arsenal, Spurs, Manchester City and Chelsea. There is talk of bids reaching as much as £5,000000 for him. Has El Abd been linked with any of these 'glamour' clubs? Has he been linked with a potential £5 million move to anywhere in his career? This kind of tells me that pretty much the entire world thinks Dunk is better than El Abd (although I do love Adam obviously)

They will be buying him for his future potential which I do not doubt, but I do doubt that he will play for any of those clubs within the next 12 months, should he join them, except perhaps League Cup next season . At the moment he is not as good and efficient as El Abd for us IMHO.

The £5m is only a figure banded about on here no offer of that amount or indeed any amount has been made as far as we know. Palace fans value Clyne at £10m but no offer anywhere near that has been made.

Last edited:

They will be buying him for his future potential which I do not doubt, but I do doubt that he will play for any of those clubs within the next 12 months, should he join them, except perhaps League Cup next season . At the moment he is not as good and efficient as El Abd for us IMHO.

The £5m is only a figure banded about on here no offer of that amount or indeed any amount has been made as far as we know. Palace fans value Clyne at £10m but no offer anywhere near that has been made.

You forget AEA's ability to get opposition players sent off - Southampton (a game turning point), Newcastle. A good try from Dunk last weekend, but decision subsequently reversed. Dunk has a lot to learn from the Black Arts Master.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My team would be

Brez

Reyes
Dunk
Greer
Mattock

Bridders
Razak
Barnes

Buckley
Vicente
CMS

Subs:
Ankegren
Vincelot
Lua Lua
Vokes
JFC

I've put Barnes in as he has played extremely well in recent weeks and has really come on in that Left Midfield role. Although it was still a toss up between him and JFC!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why is everyone putting Noone in the team, we play so much better WITHOUT him, as results have proven.

It also seems that whenever LuaLua is out of the side for a few games people forget how good he is. I can't wait to see him play again!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Vincelot is a better player than people think. Would have him on the bench as he can play pretty much anywhere.
I'm not suggesting he doesn't ever deserve to be in the starting eleven, but I agree he is a great sub to have when you're limited to 5 subs.
Not really.
BG

Er, obviously that tells us that Dunk has more potential and a longer career ahead of him than El-Abd. It doesn't mean he's better at defending at the moment.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We now have a team where you can't predict the starting 11 or subs in any position bar CMS, Dunk&Greer, Bridcutt and Brez (the spine).

And nor can the opposition. Good times.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
BG

Being linked and actually going are quite different though. Has there been any offers or just a few scouts come to our games (who could be looking at anyone). Young players are always going to attract some interest especially whilst playing in a team that is playing well and although i think Dunk has greater potential and will be better than AEA, i don't know if i could say which was better now especially as experience counts for a lot at CB. I'm glad i don't have to make the choice (well obviously i'd love to be the manager but you know what i mean :) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here